apps for creating a blog on an iPad 2

Divi

I recently received an iPad2 and am considering using it to create a blog for a cruise this summer. I'm looking for any apps (either free or pay) that people have successfully used. In particular I'd like to be able to select and downsize pictures, add graphics to the pictures, and then text around the pictures. I plan to create a daily message off-line then upload it to blogspot. Any other advice appreciated.

I also have a Windows 7 netbook and am familiar how to do things in that environment but I'd like to see if I can instead use the iPad .

I'd be interested in this, too. My problem with the Ipad2 is that it does not have a keyboard and typing is tedious, for even short messages, etc. BTW, I found the app "Shipmate" Fun! I also found a lot of free apps for our next cruise to Europe(maps, things to do, restaurants, etc in various ports)

Would love to hear about other ship/cruising apps.

I'll try the Shipmate app. What are the Europe travel apps that you found ? I love the "free" ones.

I was amazed how much is out there for free. Every city you can think of has city guide apps. I got them for Venice, Mykonos, Athens, etc. Also, Trip Adivisor has a great app. Just search on your apps finder.

Setup a Blogger blog before you go, which is free, and then download the Blogsy app for your IPad, which will work with your Blogger account.

I have never done a blog so this may be a dumb question, if so bear with me

please. :D

This sounds like a great idea but... I am a very private person. How would I control who can read my blog? :)

Once you register your account, you go to Settings and then Permissions, and you can put in e-mail addresses of the people you want to read your blog. People will have to sign in to view your account, but only those that you add to your contact list will be allowed to read your blog.

At least in theory. I've never used this before, but that's how it's supposed to work anyway.

snip... BTW, I found the app "Shipmate" Fun! ... snip.
I have Ship Mate for HAL and I can't recommend it to any one. First, I'm not a fan of iPhone only apps on my iPad, but I decided to give it a try anyway. The itinerary was wrong for my recent cruise, so I'd written it off as worthless. After reading here that it had again been recommended, and there was a recent update, I checked on our next cruise. Again the itinerary is wrong. When they can't get published information correct, why should I believe anything there?

I was amazed how much is out there for free. Every city you can think of has city guide apps. I got them for Venice, Mykonos, Athens, etc. Also, Trip Adivisor has a great app. Just search on your apps finder.

I agree--I love the Trip Advisor app!

Archived