Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

And if that grovelling doesn't get me an upgrade to a balcony there is no justice in this world.

Except for the fact that 2500+ others also want that balcony upgrade ;)

He who grovels first, gets the balcony.:D

I can see sponsons 7 and 8 out beyond CC, 6:30ish in Giglio.

Clive, glad you were able to make new plans.

S8 has been off-loaded and is being positioned on the CC. Mario B has the barge with S7. Garibaldo left St. Stefano and shows Genoa as her destination.

More politics.....what a nightmare.

Absurd hypothesis Concordia Campese

Written by: Press Office City of Isola del Giglio May 22, 2014

GIGLIO ISLAND TOWN

Province of Grosseto

Speech by the Mayor of Isola del Giglio Sergio Ortelli COSTA CONCORDIA A CAMPESE, CHALLENGE OFF ANY REASONABLE OPPORTUNITY ' "Giglio Campese is, like all of our island, a pristine place and will not allow anyone to rape exceedingly our landscape and environmental heritage. The question, as far as we are concerned, you never open and closes here.

Boskalis Dockwise Vanguard removal costs concord island lily giglionews"The idea of ​​using the bay of Giglio Campese to load the Costa Concordia on Vanguard is beyond any reasonable possibility and will never be put on the table for discussion, nor taken into account.».

To emphasize the Mayor of Isola del Giglio Sergio Ortelli as a result of news that appeared yesterday in the media.

"Just thinking, by Costa Crociere, a similar idea - adds the mayor - is not only a challenge to our island but a request absurd, so absurd that will reship immediately to the sender. The gigliesi deserve respect and therefore the project idea should be removed as soon as possible. The ship, once able to float, will have to leave the island. On this we are not willing to compromise. Campese is, like all of our island, a pristine place and will not allow anyone to rape exceedingly our landscape and environmental heritage. The question, as far as we are concerned, you never open and close here. "

How do these folks think the ship can leave? There were other options discussed and this one seemed to be the best to get the ship out of there. I would think, and I'm by no means knowledgeable on this type of maneuver, this is a better option than trying to tow CC without Vanguard to keep it upright.

And why, if they really had concerns, is this just now being addressed? More than a few months have passed since this was proposed.

How do these folks think the ship can leave? There were other options discussed and this one seemed to be the best to get the ship out of there. I would think, and I'm by no means knowledgeable on this type of maneuver, this is a better option than trying to tow CC without Vanguard to keep it upright.

And why, if they really had concerns, is this just now being addressed? More than a few months have passed since this was proposed.

SB;

I think the problem is that there must be a proposal out there to move the CC to the Bay of Campese (on the other side of Giglio) to load CC onto Vanguard. My guess is that water depth and sheltered waters is the prime consideration, but of course the people of Campese don't want the problem transferred to their doorstep.

I think it is time that the mayor was told to butt out and let the salvage team get on with the salvage of the ship in the best possible way, at this rate the Concordia will still be there this time next year!

The Italains are doing everything they can to stop Concordia going anywhere else other than a yard in Italy.

I think it is time that the mayor was told to butt out and let the salvage team get on with the salvage of the ship in the best possible way, at this rate the Concordia will still be there this time next year!

The Italains are doing everything they can to stop Concordia going anywhere else other than a yard in Italy.

Politics at it's worst.

Y'all make valid points.

Then we must not forget Greenpeace. I read another article a week or so ago (which I didn't post here since we all think about the same with that group) that they were making noise again about towing CC anywhere. This was at a meeting about where CC would be moved to and adding fuel to the fire since they believe CC will contaminate the waters no matter how they get it out of there.

Y'all make valid points.

Then we must not forget Greenpeace. I read another article a week or so ago (which I didn't post here since we all think about the same with that group) that they were making noise again about towing CC anywhere. This was at a meeting about where CC would be moved to and adding fuel to the fire since they believe CC will contaminate the waters no matter how they get it out of there.

So their position is "You can't leave it here and you can't move it." Genious:rolleyes:

So their position is "You can't leave it here and you can't move it." Genious:rolleyes:

"We don't like your solutions, but we can't provide any better ones." "I'm sure the science is there, you guys just need to spend more money to find the best solution." Typical.

"We don't like your solutions, but we can't provide any better ones." "I'm sure the science is there, you guys just need to spend more money to find the best solution." Typical.

'Bout sums it up! ;)

Exactly. I'm assuming a teleporter aka like in Star Trek doesn't exist to beam the CC out of there....hmmm.:rolleyes: