!!

xsnowman99

Some questions....We have been on Windstar numberous times, so I am not really looking for too much 'description' of ship except for the following:

I think we leave port in St Maarten at 7 p.m. On this particular ship/cruise, what time do we muster?

I know they have hors d'oeuvres when you register, but is there lunch available or should we eat before we arrive (I am planning on being one of the first on!! Can you say excited??)

Can you make reservations for one of the specialty restaurants on the night that you sail? I thought it would be fun to eat outside while we are sailing away. We have some friends going with us who have never experieced a cruise...much less as Windstar cruise.

If the specialty restaurants are not open the sailaway night, what was the general timing of leaving, people on deck, etc. Once I 'arrange' our first night on board, then I am done!! But, I want our friends to have a great first impression. I am hoping they will play 'The Viking" song....it is so impressive--especially when leaving a port!!

thanks for any other information you might want to share regarding the first day/night onboard...We leave on 3/10...I am counting!!

We are just back from the Wind Spirit and on the first day they had a buffet lunch set up from 1:00-4:00 and then room service started at 5:00.

Not sure about the specialty restaurant on embarkment day.

One item that I high recommend is the laundry package - 109.00 for the week and worth every penny. Every thing is returned on hangers, clean and pressed. Allowed us to bring less and look crisp throughout the cruise. I believe you need to book this on the first day at reception.

xsnowman99, last year on the Wind Spirit we were able to book Candles the evening of departure (it was our anniversary). If the Wind Surf restaurants work the same way, you should be able to book right after you board.

themutis, thanks for the info. We will be boarding Wind Spirit on Saturday - now I know we don't have to search for lunch before boarding. How was La Sagesse on Grenada?

xsnowman99, last year on the Wind Spirit we were able to book Candles the evening of departure (it was our anniversary). If the Wind Surf restaurants work the same way, you should be able to book right after you board.

Wind Surf works the same way; there's usually someone in the Compass Rose taking bookings but the front desk will be able to advise.

Have a great trip,

Mands

Hey StCruise - any other questions, just let me know

We thoroughly enjoyed LaSagesse on Grenada. When we got up that morning we thought we would first walk around to the fort before heading to LaSagesse, but we were so hassled by merchants and taxi drivers that we turned around half way across the marina and went back to the ship.

We took a taxi to LaSagesse, which is on the south eastern side, so we got to see some of the island on the trip over. Mike, the owner of LaSagesse Nature Center, greeted us and told us where to get chairs. There is an outdoor shower and very clean bathroom facilitates. It's a stunning quiet beach where we spent the day reading, swimming, and walking around the cove. A nice lunch at the restaurant, and then more swimming and relaxing. There were probably only 10 people on the beach with us. It was really a great day for us. We did not hike at all (having hiked around Bequia and Mayreau), but we saw and heard all sorts of birds - so if you do the hike, I'm sure it will be great.

More trip info:

At Pigeon Island, windstar sets up a beverage station (beers, sodas, water), arranged for chairs (just tell them you are with windstar), and brings the water toys over to shore. We hiked around pigeon island to the fort and the peak - fairly challenging, but the views were spectacular and spent the afternoon on the beach. Others who did the zip line excursion enjoyed it.

At Bequia, we took a taxi to the turtle sanctuary - very interesting - then hiked back to the ship in time for lunch. We saw some beautiful bays and beaches on our way back. Our intention was to head over to a beach in the afternoon via zodiac, but wound up staying on the ship and swimming off the sports platform.

At Tobago Cays we did a "swim with the turtle" excursion and thought it was great. Due to rough waters, the captain moved windstar over to Canuoan. We did not go ashore in the afternoon, but enjoyed swimming off the sports platform.

On Mayreau windstar sets up chairs, does a beach BBQ, bar service, and brings all the water toys over to the beach - this was also a beautiful beach and everyone enjoyed it.

Archived