Sugar Free drinks - Conquest

cruise8693

Are any of the drink fountains (lemonade and fruit punch) sugar free??? I realize the ice tea would be, but my DD (who is 12) LOVES lemonade but is on an insulin pump and I would rather not use all her insulin on sugary drinks (she has no food restrictions with the pump, btw). We had thought we would get her a soda card, but if there's sugar free lemonade available I know that is what she would prefer.

Thanks!!

Deborah

Conquest!! 6/26/05

I would recommend that you bring Crystal Light with you. I do it and it's perfect for my needs and tasty too. You just mix a little powder with water and ice and you've got a perfect drink....

Have been on several cruises and on all of those ships, no diet drinks were served unless you bought a soda card (far the best deal in the world). My wife and son are diabetic (insulin dependent) and I was just recently diagnosed with higher than normal sugar counts. I guess your choices are: tea, milk, coffee and water.

You would think Carnival could do better than this but as with most corporations, people with special needs have to rely on the government to impose laws with severe penalties to get their attention (ramps, toilets, sinks, etc.) As you already know, it is difficult to control your sugar count as a diabtic and cruising makes it even harder.

I would recommend that you bring Crystal Light with you. I do it and it's perfect for my needs and tasty too. You just mix a little powder with water and ice and you've got a perfect drink....

Good grief - why didn't I think of that!! We buy the individual packets of crystal light all the time to put in bottled water - we could just as easily put it in a glass - a great idea!!!

Thanks!!

Deborah

Have been on several cruises and on all of those ships, no diet drinks were served unless you bought a soda card (far the best deal in the world). My wife and son are diabetic (insulin dependent) and I was just recently diagnosed with higher than normal sugar counts. I guess your choices are: tea, milk, coffee and water.

Thanks for the information. It's good to know what they offer. We cruised RCCL last year and just bought her a drink card so she could get diet pop. But I think since she really prefers non-carbonated drinks the crystal light would be a great way to go. Her pump and carb counting make dinner no problem, but you are right - you try to limit the carbs to where they make the most difference and this girl WON'T miss dinner!!! ;)

Deborah

Archived