Good beach for snorkeling

Tradizney

We just went to Mambo Beach last week and it was great. You can snorkel inside the man made barrier very easily or you can swim over to the other side for even bigger fish. The beach is great plenty of showers food and drinks to be had at a reasonable price.

You ave to pay 3$ per person for access but its well worth it.

Once on the beach its 3$ for chairs and shades or free if you just use your towel on the beach.

You can rent jet ski's at one end of the beach but they are restricted from going close to the beach area so its not a problem for noise.

There were some women with no tops just in case you are sensitive to that matter or if you are traveling with children.

Really nice quit place with plenty of security.

Will go back there if I visit again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How does one get there? Thanks...

2010 on Celebrity Millenium, we had a roll call that put about 20 active people together. We went to Playa PortoMari. Once on the pier, we found 2 vans that could take us all.. we paid $10 pp return , we were there for all day, about 6hrs,,, and they waited to take us back. Along the way to the beach, we stopped at a FREE native flamingo migration pond,, and were treated to a nice experience with the viewing area very close to the road, and a lot of active birds for photos! Also, there is some other nice scenery along the way. It was a pretty short trip.. iirc,,30ish min. At the beach, they have a great washroom facility! I was impressed with the teak wood and flush toliets,, lots of chrome and porclean...foot washing pond to keep the sand out,, i wasn't expecting them to be first class on the beach. The beach area has a natural stone wall with shrubs, and vines, and small trees for shade. The geckos play in this area,, and iguana too.. birds and other small animals ,, very photogenic. We found the bar and food to be excellent too! Altho they give change for US$ in dutch coin.. I assume so you give it back as a tip. $5 to enter and get a chair... there was a few ladies with the tops off .. we took our own swim gear.. and the viewing trail is right off the dock.. very close.. and the water isn't really that deep,, so it is crystal clear. The fish wern't really abundant as I have seen at Coki Beach St Thomas,, but there was a number of really cool things to see! The water was very calm ,DW and myself had a great time!

Archived