Stars on the sea(in the sky)

MHarrington11

Anyone have any pics of the night sky from the ocean?

I'm going on my first cruise in 11 days and wondering how the stars look from the boat. I love astronomy and the night sky and I'm hoping with the lack of ambiant light, the stars will be crazy good. :cool:

Any input? Or pics?

There is so much light on board the ship, it is hard to get a good view :( I have heard that sometimes the captain will dim all the overhead lights for a few minutes, but I have never seen that happen. It is disappointing, but there is so much more to do and going on, you will not dwell on not having the opportunity to see the night sky. Good luck and if you find a good spot on ship for viewing, please post when you get back. Have a great 1st cruise! You will love it.

We we on a cruise in 07 with hubby, 2 sons, and my brother and his family. We had a balcony. One night we had a full moon and a Lunar Eclipse. There was also another ship passing in the night. Truly phenomenol sight. Took pic's however didn't turn out. I told my kids we'll propably never see anything like it again.

The Captains of the ships did signal each other by turning various ship lights on and off.

Wish I was there right now.:p

Your best bet will be at the front of the ship near the bridge. They keep the lights the lowest there to help with night vision. I do wish they you turn the lights off most people have never seen the milky way but I am sure that would be a safety issue.

Your best bet will be at the front of the ship near the bridge. They keep the lights the lowest there to help with night vision. I do wish they you turn the lights off most people have never seen the milky way but I am sure that would be a safety issue.

The front of the ship is the way to go. They have to keep it dark for the bridge.

Anyone have any pics of the night sky from the ocean?

I'm going on my first cruise in 11 days and wondering how the stars look from the boat. I love astronomy and the night sky and I'm hoping with the lack of ambiant light, the stars will be crazy good. :cool:

Any input? Or pics?

Depending on which ship you are cruising, if you go either below or above the bridge (can't remember which) the lights are turned off and you can get some amazing views of the stars. My hubby and I did this on the Carnival Valor and though it was a bit spooky (really dark!) it was soooo neat! Seemed like the whole sky was just lit up! :p

Archived