Man Overboard

A British 30year old has gone overboard ,think its that Giant ship Allure Of The Seas.

Ship spotted it on CCTV it has not stopped and is now docked .

Early reports show he went over his balcony. A bad month for the cruise industry .:( (Not that they can be blamed for this one .)

There's an article in the Daily Mail about it - and a photo of the crowds on deck during a party.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/04/article-0-11979661000005DC-910_634x416.jpg :eek:

Terrible that someone has died (they think it's highly unlikely the guy survived). But I must say the attraction of a ship that size is completely lost on me - give me Thomson ships with the friendly, cosier feel any day!

There's an article in the Daily Mail about it - and a photo of the crowds on deck during a party.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/04/article-0-11979661000005DC-910_634x416.jpg :eek:

Terrible that someone has died (they think it's highly unlikely the guy survived). But I must say the attraction of a ship that size is completely lost on me - give me Thomson ships with the friendly, cosier feel any day!

Poor chap.....but what an awful photo - all those people !!!!

My wife took one look and said "That's not for me!!!" And that was before she read what sort of cruise it was.

Is that photo real? I can't believe so many people could get on a ship, it looks horrendous. Imagine how it would be if they all wanted to be in a life boat.

I know we were all wishing for new ships last week but after recent events I hope they aren't too big, sometime small is better.

Is that photo real? I can't believe so many people could get on a ship, it looks horrendous. Imagine how it would be if they all wanted to be in a life boat.

I know we were all wishing for new ships last week but after recent events I hope they aren't too big, sometime small is better.

Yes, I think it's real -although not of the particular cruise when the man was lost overboard. However, we do know the press get it wrong sometimes but within the article it says:

"A picture, above, posted online from a recent Atlantis cruise shows the decks of the 213ft-tall vessel packed with bare-chested revellers."

So, a different cruise but apparently it is the Allure of the Seas. Atlantis chartered the vessel for this particular cruise - hence the reference.

I take your point about evacuating that many passengers. I just don't think I would like being on such a huge ship - it said in the article it is the world's biggest cruise ship.

We decided we wouldn't want to ever cruise on Allure of the Seas after just browsing the brochure, more so after seeing Paul Merton on her in a television programme a while back. Now we've seen that picture we most definitely never will :eek:. My husband says 'Typically American' :D

We decided we wouldn't want to ever cruise on Allure of the Seas after just browsing the brochure, more so after seeing Paul Merton on her in a television programme a while back. Now we've seen that picture we most definitely never will :eek:. My husband says 'Typically American' :D

I didn't realise it was that ship, I saw that programme too and thought at the time that it wasn't for me:eek:.

That photo is fake. I've been on Oasis and didn't encounter anything like that. Loved it, matter of fact, already booked on Allure. It did not seem the least bit crowded at all. Somebody photo shopped that pic. Not everyone is going to like the super sized ships, that is why they make ships of all sizes. But please don't try to mislead with a fake photo.

That photo is fake. I've been on Oasis and didn't encounter anything like that. Loved it, matter of fact, already booked on Allure. It did not seem the least bit crowded at all. Somebody photo shopped that pic. Not everyone is going to like the super sized ships, that is why they make ships of all sizes. But please don't try to mislead with a fake photo.

So how do you know it's fake. I mean obviously it's a charter cruise and not a normal holiday but that doesn't mean it's fake.

Anyway Kruzseeker wasn't trying to mislead, just pointing out an article she had seen.

The photo posted was from a gay charter cruise. I've been on this ship and can assure you I never saw anything remotely sililiar to this. Had an incredible time & will be booking again for next winter. Truly amazing ship although not for everyone, I realize.

Seriously? Wow.

So how do you know it's fake. I mean obviously it's a charter cruise and not a normal holiday but that doesn't mean it's fake.

Anyway Kruzseeker wasn't trying to mislead, just pointing out an article she had seen.

Thanks for springing to my defence, happy v :) ;)

If you read what I posted, 1cats1, I did say that I thought it was real - but qualified my statement by saying that we know the press do get it wrong! How much more balanced do you think I can be?

You say you have been on Oasis and witnessed nothing like that - well of course the photo never claimed to be Oasis so have you been on Allure - do you know for a fact that this was photoshopped?

I resent you implying I am trying to mislead - I merely referred to an article which appeared in the National Press - and said that I don't like the idea of huge ships - personal choice - not a judgement!

Hi 1Cats1,

How do you know it is not real , (it looks like a gay convention) was you there ?

Rather than accuse kruzseeka of fake posts please read the link she gave ...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...10_634x416.jpg This is from a UK national newspaper and as She has pointed

out we dont take everything our papers print to be real as I'm sure you do not of your papers . ;)

Now if it bothers you ,why not e-mail www.dailymail.co.uk and ask them if they posted a fake photo? :)

To quote Voyager70 "Truly amazing ship although not for everyone, I realize." Which I'm sure no one one here disputes .

As for the photo being real I do not think we care one way or the other to be honest .:D

Hi 1Cats1,

How do you know it is not real , (it looks like a gay convention) was you there ?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...10_634x416.jpg This is from a UK national newspaper and as She has pointed

out we dont take everything our papers print to be real as I'm sure you do not of your papers . ;)

Now if it bothers you ,why not e-mail www.dailymail.co.uk and ask them if they posted a fake photo? :)

To quote Voyager70 "Truly amazing ship although not for everyone, I realize." Which I'm sure no one one here disputes .

As for the photo being real I do not think we care one way or the other to be honest .:D

:D :D 'Nail' and 'Head' spring to mind! Thanks for the support Kalos! ;)

Hi 1Cats1,

Well said Kalos! :)

If anyone wants a test run on a crowded ship (Bare chest optional) they could try our UK's east coast .

It has a bar downstairs (fridge) and Thomsons do not own it but it does make the Dream look like the Allure Of The seas ;):D

p.s. Bring your own stabilisers :rolleyes:

yorkshirebelle-2.jpg

Thanks for springing to my defence, happy v :) ;)

If you read what I posted, 1cats1, I did say that I thought it was real - but qualified my statement by saying that we know the press do get it wrong! How much more balanced do you think I can be?

You say you have been on Oasis and witnessed nothing like that - well of course the photo never claimed to be Oasis so have you been on Allure - do you know for a fact that this was photoshopped?

I resent you implying I am trying to mislead - I merely referred to an article which appeared in the National Press - and said that I don't like the idea of huge ships - personal choice - not a judgement!

Lighten up. Please don't be so sensitive. I never said YOU WERE MISLEADING. The picture is not the norm I assure you. If that is what influenced your dislike of the larger ships, you were misguided. To each their own and I hope you stay with your preference. I respect your choice. That is why they make ships of all sizes. There is absolutely no need to be nasty on these boards. Sorry, I don't agree with your opinion.

Hi 1Cats1,

Chill out! My point is this picture is not the norm and it was portrayed. Was I there? No. Like I said I have sailed on Oasis which is a sister ship to Allure.

Archived