questions about emerald...

jdfloyd

got our room assignment...lido deck balcony Cat BA...

1. balcony door...is it a slide door? Is there a way to keep it open?

2. shower...curtain or door?

3. fridge...open or does cabin steward have to open it, will they remove the items inside when you get there for you personal things?

4. safe...where is it located and is it locked/unlocked with a card with a magnetic strip.

think that's it for now...

Thanks!

Yes it is a slide door, but it will turn your room and some adjoining rooms off if left open

Curtain

3. fridge...open or does cabin steward have to open it, will they remove the items inside when you get there for you personal things?

Open

4. safe...where is it located and is it locked/unlocked with a card with a magnetic strip.

it is a 4 digit number imput that you see most often now

Thanks!

Have a great cruise

All balcony doors on Princess are sliding doors.

You will have a shower curtain in your very small and cozy shower.

Fridge is always open. Not sure if it will have anything in it, although if there is anything you can always empty it and just put it on the shelf above.

Your safe is located behind the double doors next to the open closet. You enter your own four digit personal code. The safe will be open and unlocked when you get to your room.

You might want to check and see if you can switch your cabin to a BA on Caribe deck. Much larger balcony (9'x9' vs. 9'x5') that's half-covered/half-uncovered and has two reclining back chairs and two chairs instead of just two chairs.

There's a sticker on all balcony doors asking that they be kept closed. When left open, it affects your A/C as well as those around you.

Thanks!

Was this an upgrade - what guarantee category did you book?

There's a sticker on all balcony doors asking that they be kept closed. When left open, it affects your A/C as well as those around you.

Thanks for pointing this out, Pam. Many who would never normally be inconsiderate just don't know.

Thanks!

If you want to keep the balcony door open then lock the handle down and it should stay in position where ever you leave it. ;)

The balcony door does NOT turn off the AC if you open it or leave the door open.

We were 'upgraded' to a Lido balcony on our Emerald cruise too--we were a little worried that it would be a busy location (we were close to the stairs and elevator) or have a lot of movement.

We actually loved the location--no noise from the stairs area, very little traffic in the area and very convenient (too convenient?) to the Lido deck activities and food.

We didn't have much motion in the cabin, but our cruise was quite smooth.

All balcony doors on Princess are sliding doors.

You will have a shower curtain in your very small and cozy shower.

Fridge is always open. Not sure if it will have anything in it, although if there is anything you can always empty it and just put it on the shelf above.

Your safe is located behind the double doors next to the open closet. You enter your own four digit personal code. The safe will be open and unlocked when you get to your room.

I've never had a shower only stateroom but have heard many comments about the friendly curtin. One to consider is having some type of small weights or clips you could attach to the bottom of the shower curtin so it wouldn't be so friendly.....:):):)

Bob

Wow - nice upgrade. We booked a BE Guarantee and are still waiting for our cabin assignment. When did you book your cruise ? :)

Sorry just saw this today... We booked on Jan. 4 of this year and final payment Jan. 12. This is our first cruise with princess....some TA friends of mine said the upgrade to the Lido could have been because of that. I think it's just the luck of the draw!

Happy cruising and hope your get a great room assignment!~!

You might want to check and see if you can switch your cabin to a BA on Caribe deck. Much larger balcony (9'x9' vs. 9'x5') that's half-covered/half-uncovered and has two reclining back chairs and two chairs instead of just two chairs.

Hmmm...we had one of those nice big balconies on the Caribe deck but no sticker about keeping the door closed.:cool:

I have never seen the sticker on the balcony door. I have never seen any kind of switch on the door that would shut off the A/C when the door is left open and I have looked out of curiosity. Since I am a professional electrical engineer, I did know what I was looking for. I do know when the balcony door is open and someone opens the stateroom door, the room becomes an instant wind tunnel!

Here's a thread with a picture of the sticker.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1360689

It's been on every balcony door of every Princess cruise I've been on. It's clear, so it doesn't stand out. There's a hazard in that leaving the door open can suck air into your cabin. It can fell like a wind tunnel. If someone throws a (forbidden) cigarette over their balcony it can be sucked into your cabin or balcony and potentially start a fire. It does affect the air conditioning of cabins around you as well.

Personally, I've had gulls fly onto my balcony. I always have this crazy fear on a bird flying into my cabin. Eeek.

Here's a thread with a picture of the sticker.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1360689

It's been on every balcony door of every Princess cruise I've been on. It's clear, so it doesn't stand out. There's a hazard in that leaving the door open can suck air into your cabin. It can fell like a wind tunnel. If someone throws a (forbidden) cigarette over their balcony it can be sucked into your cabin or balcony and potentially start a fire. It does affect the air conditioning of cabins around you as well.

I daresay that those stickers have been removed as they imply that smoking is alright as long as you dont toss the butt over the side.

We all know that smoking is now a no-no in cabins and on balconies.

No such sticker was on our Caribe balcony door.

Archived