Coffee

Venoma

Stick with plain coffee. Don't count on them to make the "fancy" kind of drinks correctly, if you're interested in that. On the Explorer, they just tasted terrible, like they put too much or too little of something. On the Jewel, their espresso machine was down all week and all of the drinks were incredibly watered down. I've just decided that my lattes will have to wait until I'm back on land.

I've never liked the coffee in the WJ, but the dining room coffee has been pretty good.....not as strong and bitter.

I don't think it's syrup (or coffee concentrate)....but who knows?

All coffee is brewed fresh daily, shipwide from the WJ to the MDR to the cafe promenade, etc....K.O. Near Philly:)

Love the coffee, especially the MDR. The coffee in the Promenade Cafe is excellent and since it's open 24/7, it's a great place to grab a cup. I'm a big fan of coffee and always have it delivered by room service in the mornings (hanging the little tag on the door handle). It's one of the things I look forward to..someone waking me up with a good pot of coffee to enjoy on the balcony :D.

Wow, opened this thread to read the complaints, but you all seem to like the stuff!

DW and I find the coffee at all venues too strong and bitter. Over the course of a cruise I'll learn to tolerate, but she brings instant, or mixes 50/50 with hot water.

We're really not too picky, and on land we usually love it, or just OK, but never get anything like RC'S!!

Stick with plain coffee. Don't count on them to make the "fancy" kind of drinks correctly, if you're interested in that. On the Explorer, they just tasted terrible, like they put too much or too little of something. On the Jewel, their espresso machine was down all week and all of the drinks were incredibly watered down. I've just decided that my lattes will have to wait until I'm back on land.

Excuse me, but the cappacino on Mariner that we had every morning in the MDR (2-3 cups each free with Diamond status) was the best I have ever tasted and we have our own espresso system at home. We consider ourselves coffee officianados and I have not gotten a better cup even at Starbucks or 5 star restaurants. JMHO:cool: And the coffee at Cafe Promenade is not too shabby for just plain brewed coffee. Do not care for the WJ coffee though to be honest.

Once again, just like the meals, it's all about taste. I happen to like their coffee but I'm sure there are just as many cruisers out there that don't. It's not about good or bad. It either suits your taste or it doesn't. ;)

Archived