Cabanas at Castaway Cay

alwayscruizin

Just for clarification, the initial topic from OP was about being IN A cabana and having drinks brought to them. Not sitting on a public access beach. :)

Perhaps we have found another advantage of not reserving a cabana. Better drink service on the beach. Lol. I believe this now. This has confirmed it.

If you are lying on the non-cabana beaches, waiters will approach. I have not experienced, nor heard of waiters approaching cabana guests. They may have to go back to cabana and push button, wait 15 minutes, minimum, place order, wait another 15 minutes minimum for delivery, then imbibe. Wow, sound exhausting, I hope they ordered two drinks after all that. lol.

Good luck to all, whether in, or out, of a Cabana. :)

Interesting observation regarding cabana drink service.

Although I'm sure if you are residing in a cabana you could tip a twenty and have the waiter come and check on you occasionally. :rolleyes:

I still agree though with OP, sitting on the cabana beach, no one will approach, that's good and bad. lol

To each his own. :cool:

Just for clarification, the initial topic from OP was about being IN A cabana and having drinks brought to them. Not sitting on a public access beach. :)

Perhaps we have found another advantage of not reserving a cabana. Better drink service on the beach. Lol. I believe this now. This has confirmed it.

If you are lying on the non-cabana beaches, waiters will approach. I have not experienced, nor heard of waiters approaching cabana guests. They may have to go back to cabana and push button, wait 15 minutes, minimum, place order, wait another 15 minutes minimum for delivery, then imbibe. Wow, sound exhausting, I hope they ordered two drinks after all that. lol.

Good luck to all, whether in, or out, of a Cabana. :)

Interesting observation regarding cabana drink service.

Although I'm sure if you are residing in a cabana you could tip a twenty and have the waiter come and check on you occasionally. :rolleyes:

I still agree though with OP, sitting on the cabana beach, no one will approach, that's good and bad. lol

To each his own. :cool:

If you read some of the previous posts you will see that:-

(1) A button in the cabana can get you a waiter at any time.

(2) You can pre pay a package, and you have a fridge.

(3) Concierge hosts walk the cabana beach all day and will arrange what you want when you want at any time..

If you read some of the previous posts you will see that:-

(1) A button in the cabana can get you a waiter at any time.

(2) You can pre pay a package, and you have a fridge.

(3) Concierge hosts walk the cabana beach all day and will arrange what you want when you want at any time..

Agreed. We hit the call button, and had a bucket of beer in about 5 minutes. Also, the cabana host will arrive to greet you in the cabana, not long after you check in. You can order a mimosa or bloody Mary or whatever you want at the time, if you want a morning drink.

Also, loving the new concierge perk where they will book your cabana for you. Was a great help to us when we were on vacation when our booking window opened.

Agreed. We hit the call button, and had a bucket of beer in about 5 minutes. Also, the cabana host will arrive to greet you in the cabana, not long after you check in. You can order a mimosa or bloody Mary or whatever you want at the time, if you want a morning drink.

Also, loving the new concierge perk where they will book your cabana for you. Was a great help to us when we were on vacation when our booking window opened.

Yes worked for us.

Packages you can buy

scan0008.jpg

Please expound.

In my past experience, the shoreside concierge would book your cabana when they got into the office in the morning but by then there would often be no availability.

So, are you saying that now someone from shoreside is up at midnight (plus a nanosecond) to log on and snag a cabana for me?

Please expound.

In my past experience, the shoreside concierge would book your cabana when they got into the office in the morning but by then there would often be no availability.

So, are you saying that now someone from shoreside is up at midnight (plus a nanosecond) to log on and snag a cabana for me?

Yep. They will book your cabana at midnight. I am not sure exactly that they are staffed at midnight to do it. But ...what they do is input your request into their calendar. What I would guess is that the calendar auto-uploads your request to the system to reserve it when the booking window opens right at midnight.

We provided the staff a cabana number we wanted (or as close as possible). They put it in their calendar, and said I would have a confirmation the following morning. I did. Others on my meet thread reported the same thing. I was not able to log in at midnight as we were on a cruise, but for others who did log in, they saw their respective cabanas reserved at midnight, and then got the follow-up confirmation email in the morning. Concierge makes no promises, but for the people participating in our meet, all the concierge guests got the cabana they wanted.

Our booking window opened 6/14. We arrived home early the morning of 6/16, and at that point, only the last two cabanas on SB were available. We err lucky enough to find our confirmation for cabana 4 in our email, however. We were very glad for this new service.

There is only a small shore-side concierge team they are no up all night they can pre select,

It has to be that as at exactly 00.00 all the concierge requests are booked, they couldn't do all those requests in a second or so.

I have seen someone post there there and up at midnight on another board, but that person doesn't sail Concierge.

I am sailing concierge soon, and was online at 00.00 Eastern USA and I can say all the requests were already in and some things were sold out.

Yes, there is only a team of 5 for shoreside concierge. I think that as long as you let them know your requests, and you are paid in full, they pre-load your requests which turn into reservations once your booking window opens. Conjecture on my part, but I just don't see how else they could it. On my meet, there were 4 other concierge guests, and they all had cabanas at midnight.

I'm sure the platinum folks can't be happy about this, but given how easy it is to become platinum on Disney, I think DCL recognized that concierge guests now had more competition to book time sensitive requests and took action.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived