Mayfield Falls...

packard89

Has anyone been to Mayfield Falls and if so, with what tour operator? We are thinking that the 2 hour journey to Dunns River Falls is a little too far not to mention it'll probably be crowded. (We are docking in Montego Bay by the way.)

Thanks for any information.

Yes, I saw that someone mentioned them. I checked out their website but I'm hoping I can get a personal recommendation from someone who's used them. I'm not sure how long the drive is but I do know it's way closer than 2 hours away.

On A-Z's website, they offer a combo tour to Mayfield Falls and Dr.s Cave Beach for a pretty reasonable price. The more people you have in your group, the cheaper it is.

We went to Mayfield Falls a few years ago. This is a fun and unique experience that I would do again. We went with Phillip's Country Tours. This was the first of three trips we have taken with Phillip and we highly recommend him.

His web site is not very informational. Where do his tours leave from? and how much do they cost?

You need to contact him directly regarding prices. If you are going from a cruise, he would pick you up by the cruise dock. If you are going from a hotel, he would pick you up at your hotel.

I meant what city? Montego Bay? Negril? Ocho?

I have been to Dunn's Falls on another cruise but we docked in Ocho Rios. My concern w Dunn's Falls is the distance from the port (Mo Bay). I also like the idea of less crowds at Mayfield. Prices are nicer for Mayfield. Has anyone done both falls and can give pros/cons?

I have been to Dunn's Falls on another cruise but we docked in Ocho Rios. My concern w Dunn's Falls is the distance from the port (Mo Bay). I also like the idea of less crowds at Mayfield. Prices are nicer for Mayfield. Has anyone done both falls and can give pros/cons?

There are several comparisons of the two on trip advisor. Most seem to favor Mayfield. One of the common reasons is that Dunn's is super touristy, while at Mayfield your party may be the only one there.

There are several comparisons of the two on trip advisor. Most seem to favor Mayfield. One of the common reasons is that Dunn's is super touristy, while at Mayfield your party may be the only one there.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. (Trip Advisor) I checked it out and Mayfield Falls got glowing reviews! We have booked through Trevor Hudlin, who also recieved great reviews! :D

Montego bay to Mayfield falls is about over an hour. Yes it's less crowded than the Dunns river falls. The drive to Mayfield is quite bumpy and rough though. Nevertheless it's beautiful - the trip is worth it! :)

Sounds like we're in for an adventure. Thanks for your input.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. (Trip Advisor) I checked it out and Mayfield Falls got glowing reviews! We have booked through Trevor Hudlin, who also recieved great reviews! :D

If I can get one more person from my roll call to join us to get the price down to $45pp, I am going to switch my DRF tour to Mayfield with Trevor too. He told me the trip to DRF is 1 hour 45 minutes and the trip to MF is 1 hour 15 minutes so I'll save an hour in travel time and about $100 on the tour price.

You will love this trip with Trevor! We always use Trevor for our tours when we go to Jamaica. He will make it a very interesting drive, and can answer any questions you might have. When you get to the falls, you will have a guide that can help you wade up the stream to the major falls at the end. There is a little bit of hiking, but it is well worth it. They will show you lots of native plants, and there is a spot in the falls where the guide may swim underwater through a hole in the rock and out into another pool. There are places where you can jump in the pools as well. Take a good pair of water shoes. The "washing machine" at the end is incredible! You can Google "mayfield falls washing machine" to see pictures. There are some decent changing areas after you finish the hike.

You will have time to go have a nice lunch and do some shopping afterwards. Trevor can help you with any of that you want. We have gone to the bobsled cafe and also to the native Jamaican jerk hut which was very good.

If you have any more questions about this excursion, let me know. I'll be happy to help - this is one of my favorite cruise stops and we have lots of fun planning where to go exploring with Trevor next.

Sherryl

You will love this trip with Trevor! We always use Trevor for our tours when we go to Jamaica. He will make it a very interesting drive, and can answer any questions you might have. When you get to the falls, you will have a guide that can help you wade up the stream to the major falls at the end. There is a little bit of hiking, but it is well worth it. They will show you lots of native plants, and there is a spot in the falls where the guide may swim underwater through a hole in the rock and out into another pool. There are places where you can jump in the pools as well. Take a good pair of water shoes. The "washing machine" at the end is incredible! You can Google "mayfield falls washing machine" to see pictures. There are some decent changing areas after you finish the hike.

You will have time to go have a nice lunch and do some shopping afterwards. Trevor can help you with any of that you want. We have gone to the bobsled cafe and also to the native Jamaican jerk hut which was very good.

If you have any more questions about this excursion, let me know. I'll be happy to help - this is one of my favorite cruise stops and we have lots of fun planning where to go exploring with Trevor next.

Sherryl

Wow!! Thank you so much! I had a feeling I was making the right decision booking him. Glad you reinforced it for me! We are also looking really forward to this excursion. And I'm hoping we shop where the vendors aren't terribly aggressive, that makes me uncomfortable. Besides, I'm only looking for a beach towel, magnet, and a few T-shirts. If I have to be hassled, I'll go home without. No biggie!

• 1 month later...

We used Marva Shaw when we visited Mayfield Falls - Avril was our tour guide to and from the ship. The drive is quite bumpy and if you have motion sickness, please be prepared. It is much worse than anyone would imagine. I do not get car sick but I did get a little queasy but my son's GF was feeling ill until we reached the falls!! We stopped at a Slingshot's road side "fruit and vegetable" stand were weed was being sold.. just say PASS and they will move on.. THE FALLS were amazing and it was just us four there. Our guide was awesome and new every bit of the falls and the creekbed. He secured our cameras in a waterproof bag and took many pictures of us throughout the way. We tipped him 40 bucks for the 4 of us.. You will love Mayfield Falls!!

I have still not heard for Trevor Hudlin and I really want to have a tour booked to Mayfield Falls before we leave in 2 weeks. HELP!!!!

I'm very surprised that you haven't heard back from him. He responded back to me a day after I sent the request. I know his website goes down from time to time. Maybe that's the problem.

Archived