Spa Cabins on New Carnival Breeze

redneony

• 1 month later...

For those of you that have stayed in the Carnival Breeze Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms...anyone have any pics of their room they would be willing to email? We've been on 3 Carnival Cruises (all Balcony rooms) and going again on 6/8 on the Breeze (our 1st time on the Breeze). We upgraded to a spa balcony this time...just wondering what the rooms actually look like. :)

Thanks!

Amanda

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Guys!

We just booked a spa suite (1 of only 4 on board) on the Breeze for next February. Any idea what amenities other than the T pool and relaxation room? Is there additional access to the restaurants that you would normally have to pay for? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. I also would love to see pics or video of a spa suite. I can't decide if its worth the extra $$$ to upgrade to a suite vs. spa balcony.

Thanks! :p

• 1 year later...

Although all of this has already been stated in multiple other places, since I booked a spa balcony 8P on my last cruise on the Magic in November, 2014, I'm hooked! I will always book these in the future. Here are the benefits as I see them:

1. You're cabin is on a higher floor with closer proximity to the spa, gym and Serenity. On the dream class ships: Dream, Magic and Breeze, you have close access to a private elevator and stairway to these areas.
  2. The cabin has calmer decor. Because there are fewer cabins on these decks, they're quieter.
  3. There is no smoking at all on the Spa floors, even on the balconies.
  4. You get better quality Elemis spa toiletries in your cabin like shampoo, body wash, conditioner, and facial soap. They will be replaced throughout your cruise if you run out.
  5. The cabin includes a scented pillow spray which had a tropical coconut scent to pamper you in the bed.
  6. You get a thicker robe and slippers with Cloud 9 spa designation for you and your cabin passengers. You also get a yellow beach Cloud 9 Spa towel versus the standard navy towel for the other passengers.
  7. On day one, you can get a tour of the thermal areas and thallasotherapy pool when they will give you a special white rubber wrist band to designate your spa access.
  8. You get two free spin, pilates or yoga classes for each cabin passenger, which otherwise would cost $12 per person per visit. Don't forget that the ship will often free stretch classes on port days to all passengers early in the mornings as well. Like the spin and yoga classes, they are overlooked. We never had more than 5 people in any of these, so it's a very personalized experience on a ship with 3600 passengers.
  9. You get priority spa reservations, which for all intents and purposes aren't really valuable. You can always find reservations for whatever spa treatment you'd like, and the prices are often cheaper on ship with the daily specials than they would be if you book in advance of your cruise.
  10. Access to the thermal areas was worth it enough for me. They're open 8AM to 10PM every day. The thalassotherapy pool has underwater chaises you can lie on as well as power shower jets at the end of the pool which feel great on shoulder, back and chest muscles. It's not the same party atmosphere as on the hot tubs on the exterior decks. It's very quiet and relaxing. There are two dry thermal areas the tepidarium and laconium at different temperatures which are all with heated tiled chaises which look out over the sea. There are also two adjacent wet saunas with different herbal scents, one is oriental with spicy scents and the other is more sports dedicated with menthol and eucalyptus. Separately, there is a special multi headed shower in the thermal areas with colored lights and jets which are adjustable from the ceiling and walls.
  11. There is also access to a relaxation room with upholstered lounges and the same view of the sea. In this room is lemon water and tea for spa patrons. In my experience, this was also the room they sent people waiting for their spa treatments to fill out their clipboard with disclosures and waivers, so it while it was quiet, it wasn't always completely chill in this room.
  12. One other perk about which I've read in the past and heard nothing about on the ship was some kind of free couple's scrub which is available to Spa cabin passengers.

I loved that I could go to the thermal areas after dinner and before bed. There were so few people there, I forgot I was on a mega cruise liner. I felt pampered by having a spa cabin. I also felt like I was on a completely different cruise than many other passengers, which was a very nice thing for me!

This video is from the Sunshine, but like most Carnival ships, the rooms are standard across the line: