Royal Princess 'sneak peak' video series

Astro Flyer

Okay. I might be completely wrong. But, wasn't there meant to be a Royal video released on Valentines Day.

Well!! Hello. Ding. Ding. Valentines Day is nearly over in Oz. And I'm pretty sure its started across the ditch. :D

And as I write this, it is only 11pm on 2/13 here on the Pacific Coast where Princess' HQ is located... :rolleyes: Hopefully we'll see something tomorrow! (well, our tomorrow... :p)

One change I've already noticed from the original rendering is just behind the funnel. On the original video introducing ROYAL PRINCESS, this appeared to be an open sports deck. On the video released just today, it's appears this area is now enclosed with glass. Perhaps Princess decided to add another pool or perhaps they just enclosed the sports deck?

Also, if you look closely at this Atrium video, it appears the Lotus Spa has been relocated to the Atrium right by the Shore Excursions and Purser's Deck. I see a sign stating "Lotus Spa" when they show this area. This would be a big change from having the spa located on the upper most decks, usually forward.

So far ROYAL PRINCESS looks really interesting and definitely a ship I plan to sail on!

Ernie

WOW...just the 8 minute video viewed on my iPhone of the 50% larger Atrium & Piazza shows me that I want to sail on the Royal soon after she sails in June 2013.

Some of the changes include Sabatini's in the deck 5 Piazza & a Celebration's gift shop for those celebrating events. Alfredo's Pizzeria will be on deck 6 near an Italian themed bar & the Photo gallery with the touch screen displays recently added to the Sapphire. On deck 7 will be a seafood themed bar & Crooner's. Favorites like the IC (with lots of seating), Vines (including tapas & sushi), Gelatoria (including shakes, smoothies & waffle cones) & Crooner's (with dueling glass pianos) are still there. There was no mention of shops other than Celebration's so either they've been moved or just didn't mention them.

I can't wait for the next video & to see her schedule & whether pricing will be within my limited cruising budget? ;)

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! I bought a FCC a couple weeks ago on the Ruby with the intentions of sailing the Royal:) Did you see the European itineraries and TA posted? If my calculations are correct the Royal should sail into Fort Lauderdale for the first time on October 27!

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far! I bought a FCC a couple weeks ago on the Ruby with the intentions of sailing the Royal:) Did you see the European itineraries and TA posted? If my calculations are correct the Royal should sail into Fort Lauderdale for the first time on October 27!

It would not be allowed to post a TA site but since you've mention a schedule, could you briefly summarize it?

It would not be allowed to post a TA site but since you've mention a schedule, could you briefly summarize it?

I think she is referring to the Trans-Atlantic Crossing which is also known as a TA...:) The schedules will all be over seas until the fall according to the Princess News Article on their web-site.

Looks like she will be in FLL on October 27, 2013 - so we are thinking of a November cruise.:D

I think she is referring to the Trans-Atlantic Crossing which is also known as a TA...:) The schedules will all be over seas until the fall according to the Princess News Article on their web-site.

Looks like she will be in FLL on October 27, 2013 - so we are thinking of a November cruise.:D

Thanks...I should have figured that out myself. :o

One change I've already noticed from the original rendering is just behind the funnel. On the original video introducing ROYAL PRINCESS, this appeared to be an open sports deck. On the video released just today, it's appears this area is now enclosed with glass. Perhaps Princess decided to add another pool or perhaps they just enclosed the sports deck?

Also, if you look closely at this Atrium video, it appears the Lotus Spa has been relocated to the Atrium right by the Shore Excursions and Purser's Deck. I see a sign stating "Lotus Spa" when they show this area. This would be a big change from having the spa located on the upper most decks, usually forward.

So far ROYAL PRINCESS looks really interesting and definitely a ship I plan to sail on!

Ernie

I noticed that too, and when I compared it to the original video and original drawings, that area is definitely different. I really hope that it is an enclosed pool, that would make it a much better space than if it were used as just a sports area. The sports areas on the current ships aren't as large as that area behind the funnel is. As well, most Princess ships have aft pool which are well loved and used, making it a covered pool would be just that much better.

Great video.

I'm an absolutely loyal Royal Caribbean cruiser who hasn't sailed on a Princess ship in a very long time (but have one booked for the British Isles in July because RC doesn't offer the itinerary) .

After watching that video I'm beginning to think that I have a cruise on the Royal Princess in my future.

See appears to be stunning.

The pools look gorgeous! I have always felt that these areas were a strength on Princess. I do get headache wondering how the adults only pool area will work in terms of reserving chairs, cabanas, etc!

Also wonder what the extra charges will be in the Pazza venues..

Hope they keep the pizza and trident grill by the pools...

Also wonder what the extra charges will be in the Piazza venues.

It will probably be like current Princess ships...a fee for anything at the Gelatoria, buying a drink to get tapas & sushi at Vines and specialty/brewed coffee costing extra. Hopefully the food mentioned at the Italian & seafood themed bars will also be complimentary with a drink like currently done in Vines. There's no charge for Alfredo's Pizzeria which I look forward to experiencing on the Sapphire in a couple of weeks. :D

Here's the link to the Princess news release:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1213

Archived