When will it happen? Oh Boy!

hav2travel

I will bet that by 4/22 there will be several, seperate law suits filed against NCL in regard to the so called "freak Wave" that rocked the Dawn. The lawyers will be lining up (like taxi cabs) at the NYC pier on monday, waiting to sign up the wet passengers?

What do you think?

I think people are too law-suit happy. NCL is not to blame for this and they have compensated guests on the ship and made arrangements for those who did not want to continue on the ship to get home.

I don't know if legally it would help, but NCL should have a waiver signed that by accepting the refund and future cruise certificate you are agreeing not to go after them for any additional damages. I'm sure a good lawyer could get that thrown out too though.

Just be glad you got off the ship safely and you had a wonderful crew to help you get through it. Stay away from the ambulance chasing attorneys (no disrespect to lawyers in other fields :o )

Give me a break, I'm sure it was very scary but these people complaining about how their cruise was ruined, it was the last day their cruise was over. Or the guy on the news who said his honeymoon was ruined.

On the news people said they didn t think the captain did enough, he did warn them that they were heading into a storm and it was going to be very rough. People on the QM2 hit worse weather and didn t complain this much.

When cruising you know you can hit a storm and rough waters at any time.

Today everyone is sue happy.

I am sure it must have been scary to see 70+ ft waves crash into your ship. But you can predict mother nature to a point but you cant beat her at her own game.

Any way they just showed a video from a passenger on the dawn on ABC 7 in NY. Showing a flooded inside cabin? Where did that water come from? Any guess.

hav2travel,

The Captain was interviewed on Fox News last night and he said that the water came in through the two cabins that had the broken sliding doors. The water flooded down the halls and then to other floors. He had just come from having dinner with the two couples and he admitted that while they were not severely injured, they did have pretty good cuts.

I am sure that it was a frightful experience but it seems to me that NCL handled it the way it should have been.

Ron

I think it's terrible what happened with this wave BUT it's not NCL's fault.

They have been very fair with compensating the current cruisers and the ones leaving today.

We have a very "sue-happy" society and unfortunately someone will sue. This is why liability insurance for all companies keeps going up and up! The cost get passed down to the consumer's. This includes you doctors, grocery store, cruise and ANY other "company" you interact with daily.

In European countries, if you sue and loose, you pay for ALL the cost to all parties and courts. This would be why they have a lot few law suits.

I'm glad everyone is ok and hope that the few negative cruisers will have time to heal and realize that NCL has done what they could and what was fair.

Kristi

PS - I believe to get the refund they would have to sign a waiver.

Kristi,

I had a girlfriend from Germany and she told me that to file a suit there you have to pay money upfront for all court costs/fees into an escrow type account. She said it is expensive to do this and it prevented people from filing frivolous lawsuits. I would imagine this would slow down the ridiculous lawsuits. If an attorney really felt that a case was legitimate, he could put up the money for the client and roll the dice.

Linda

why the hell would anyone have an idea of sueing i mean they didnt force you to come on the cruise ands its not there fault and you went too get on this cruise your self that guy on the news was an idiot lol

Some recent examples of lawsuits:

• A 21-year-old New Haven, Connecticut man, who last summer led Hamden police on a high-speed chase in his all-terrain vehicle before crashing into a utility pole, now wants the town to pay his medical bills.
  • Robert and Carolyn Wells sued retailer JC Penny, seeking $600,000 in damages for injuries. Mrs. Wells claimed that while shopping during the store’s after-Christmas sale, she was attacked by another customer during an argument over two crystal bear figurines. Wells alleges she was verbally assaulted by the women who also wanted to buy the figurines.
  • The Chicago Cubs are suing the owners of rooftop businesses that overlook Wrigley Field and sell tickets to watch games, saying the establishments are stealing from the team. The lawsuit, filed against the owners of the 13 rooftop businesses bordering Wrigley Field, charges that these businesses steal the team's product, infringe on its copyright and "unjustly enrich themselves to the tune of millions of dollars each year."
  • Meredith Berkman, seeking $50 million, filed one of the first anti-fat lawsuits against the manufacturer of a snack food named Pirate's Booty. It looks like eating too much Pirate's Booty had added too much booty to Ms. Berkman's booty.
  • Esther Walker of Livingston Parish is suing Nintendo, claiming that her son Benjamin Walker, 30, suffered a seizure that caused his death, because he played on his Nintendo 64 game system eight hours a day, six days a week, since he bought it. Walker purchased his Nintendo 64 in May 1999, and then bought 10 more games in the weeks that followed.

It's only a matter of time :rolleyes:

Charlie

Bld24-

Thanks for the correction....I had forgotten that part of it! I think it would be wise for such rules here in the US. People really don't realize how much money these lawsuits cost each and everyone of us. I mean, suing food makers for 50milllion for making you fat! They don't shove the food down you! :confused:

Kristi

All of this talk about lawyers and lawsuits has upset me very much...I feel quite traumatized and I don't know when I will feel better. I am going to call my lawyer.....I need to be compensated for the stress that reading this post has caused me.

Archived