Norovirus

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

My understanding on other ships the higher the status the lower your number and earlier debarkation.  Not so on Oasis or so I was told.  Since we have to drive a distance tomorrow wanted an earlier debarkation.

Wandering the decks, plenty if people out and about.  Had to wait for golf clubs at mini golf.  Interesting that with all the cleaning no one was wiping the clubs or balls.  They are using all their staff, i.e. camp, entertainers, etc., to hand out plates, beverages and soon.

Also, we haven't been sick but all our magazines are also gone already.

Oasis is the only ship we have been on that did not give us lower number tags when we were D+. Think the LA is just lazy and does not want to do the paperwork.   If you go to Guest services they will give you lower ones and if I remember correctly they even had a special line the last time we needed to get a couple more tags, 

3 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

Oasis is the only ship we have been on that did not give us lower number tags when we were D+. Think the LA is just lazy and does not want to do the paperwork.   If you go to Guest services they will give you lower ones and if I remember correctly they even had a special line the last time we needed to get a couple more tags, 

Agree.  Concierge gave us our new tags.  Packing now.

2 hours ago, ryano said:

I will take the CDCs word over "US Pharmacist"  🙂   

Yup... The CDC that takes years to make definitive statements when medical situations are reported within days by journals like US Pharmacist and others on line..  

So a person with GERD that may have Noro will not spread the infection by coughing or sneezing???  The CDC sadly has its head in the sand on that one... 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Yup... The CDC that takes years to make definitive statements when medical situations are reported within days by journals like US Pharmacist and others on line..  

So a person with GERD that may have Noro will not spread the infection by coughing or sneezing???  The CDC sadly has its head in the sand on that one... 

I agree with you about the CDC .but what does Gerd have to do with this? A person with Gerd is no more or less likely to spread Noro.

Edited by Reader0108598

19 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I agree with you about the CDC .but what does Gerd have to do with this? A person with Gerd is no more or less likely to spread Noro.

Did you ever  hear about GERD related cough? 

Did you ever work with patients that have trouble during the night with STOMACH CONTENTS refluxing into their throats?

Imagine a person with NORO who is vomiting, refluxing or whatever... Do you think that the infected stomach contents are mysteriously sterilized in the patient's mouth, so that if they were to sneeze or cough within a fairly long period of time they wouldn't be spraying Noro on surfaces within a decent distance???

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Did you ever  hear about GERD related cough? 

Did you ever work with patients that have trouble during the night with STOMACH CONTENTS refluxing into their throats?

Imagine a person with NORO who is vomiting, refluxing or whatever... Do you think that the infected stomach contents are mysteriously sterilized in the patient's mouth, so that if they were to sneeze or cough within a fairly long period of time they wouldn't be spraying Noro on surfaces with a decent distance???

I have Gerd...I have never vomited unless I was sick and I don't go around coughing on people. I really don't know what you are talking about! Worked in long term care for 24 years! 

Edited by Reader0108598

If you feel like taking a stroll to deck 3.

We are 3852 & 3618 - toward the back. My Grandma is in 3852, an accessible interior ours is 3618 - one with a window.

Grandma has health conditions & it makes me a little nervous & we have 2 small kids. 

Thank you for offering to help everyone! That is very generous!

6 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I have Gerd...I have never vomited unless I was sick and I don't go around coughing on people. I really don't know what you are talking about! Worked in long term care for 24 years! 

Good for you, I am glad that you don't go around vomiting and coughing on others. DID I SAY you or all people with GERD do that?

I know many people who suffer so badly from GERD that at times they can't manage a simple burp without having stomach content brought up. 

So you say that a person who HAS NORO and has GERD can't reflux infectious matter to the upper esophagus and throat area without actually vomiting? That person, unlike you, may sneeze or cough, without covering up and could spray Noro..??

Likewise a person WITHOUT GERD after Noro caused reverse peristalsis will have infectious material for some time in the area that will allow it to be aerosolized with a cough or a sneeze. 

Been working in the medical field since 1968 and only recently retired...  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Good for you, I am glad that you don't go around vomiting and coughing on others. DID I SAY you or all people with GERD do that?

I know many people who suffer so badly from GERD that at times they can't manage a simple burp without having stomach content brought up. 

So you say that a person who HAS NORO and has GERD can't reflux infectious matter to the upper esophagus and throat area without actually vomiting? That person, unlike you, may sneeze or cough, without covering up and could spray Noro..??

Likewise a person WITHOUT GERD after Noro caused reverse peristalsis will have infectious material for some time in the area that will allow it to be aerosolized with a cough or a sneeze. 

That is all I was saying a person with Gerd is no more likely to  give you Noro! 

Edited by Reader0108598

3 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Congrats I retired in September ..medical!

52 minutes ago, fla gang said:

CNN  just announced Royal Caribbean reported 402 passengers quarantined with norm like symptoms on Oasis.

If it is CNN it is probably the wrong number

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

To All, The phrase "do not kill the messenger" comes to mind reading some posts attacking one of the best posters on this CC boards, because their personal anecdotal experience to date has rendered them free from the ravages of mankind. We are all trying to help our( non-)fellow man by our posts. We are not trying to lure you into a false sense of security. We are just trying to point out good hygienic procedures and habits that we all can benefit from. Obviously 500 or so of us failed to follow proper hygiene , unless it can be proved otherwise.

5 hours ago, nktwinpeaks said:

No tape above our door 12717 and both in our cabin were sick and reported illness to medical.  Tape above family member’s door who was also affected, 12719.  All in-room books have been removed and will be destroyed and ALL linens will be sent to off-ship facility for sanitizing, with new linens being brought in while that process is completed (per housekeeping staff).  Stuff under bed was removed yesterday.

5 hours ago, TwinPeaks2 said:

Currently onboard Oasis. All books/magazines are being removed from cabins and destroyed. All spare linens from under beds in cabins have been removed. New linens will be brought onboard. Current linens will be sent out for special laundering and will be returned later. Oasis should be the cleanest ship afloat!

Are you two related?

To All, Tape or no tape? That is not the question! Take it upon yourselves to take the time to sanitize your cabin. Do not rely on the stewards to keep you safe. They could be just one vector spreading the contaminates. You are not dealing with Kellar scholars on board cruise ships.

16 minutes ago, Teacher42 said:

To All, The phrase "do not kill the messenger" comes to mind reading some posts attacking one of the best posters on this CC boards, because their personal anecdotal experience to date has rendered them free from the ravages of mankind. We are all trying to help our( non-)fellow man by our posts. We are not trying to lure you into a false sense of security. We are just trying to point out good hygienic procedures and habits that we all can benefit from. Obviously 500 or so of us failed to follow proper hygiene , unless it can be proved otherwise.

Who do you think this is?

• Like 1