Norovirus

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I still don't understand what they have against drawers in the nightstands.  These were dropped for Oasis and all ships after I believe. 

Travel, a lot, and many newer/modern Hotels are doing the same. Think it's the newest Hip thing

Edited by ONECRUISER

Just got off Serenade this morning. No issues on our sailing but the previous sailing had a number of noro cases reported - they delayed boarding on Day 1 for a few hours to clean all the public areas and then didn't open the staterooms on boarding day until after sailaway so they could clear them deck by deck. Everything was removed from the staterooms that couldn't be cleaned (no room service menus, Kleenex boxes, etc). They stuck with the no self-service and enhanced sanitation protocol for the first three days of the sailing, when it was lifted when no new cases were reported. 

So for those of you sailing on Oasis next week, don't panic. I expect they will do the same sort of deep clean we had before our sailing and all will turn out well. Turning back for an extra day of cleaning is the right decision. 

Edited by cmich068
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Teacher42 said:

Dear cool,  I am not on trial here. The burden of proof lies elsewhere.

YOU should understand that you should not make blanket statements about the hygiene habits of 500 people. You weren't there...you have no idea whether the 500 were practicing good hygiene or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaliMarie said:

If you feel like taking a stroll to deck 3.

We are 3852 & 3618 - toward the back. My Grandma is in 3852, an accessible interior ours is 3618 - one with a window.

Grandma has health conditions & it makes me a little nervous & we have 2 small kids. 

Thank you for offering to help everyone! That is very generous!

No tape; I hope it eases your nerves a tiny bit.

My cabin walking tour is complete for the cruise.  My Fitbit reads over 14,200 steps...not bad for a planned light day.  I’m packing my suitcase and settling into the cabin for the evening.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure US Pharmacist ranks up there with my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

He or she is quite important.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Currently on Rhapsody, where many crew members and some pax have the flu.  I caught it on the 2nd day, and Bucky caught it 2 days ago.  We are both sick as dogs, and yes...both have had the flu shot and are careful with washing hands etc.  They say the flu shot is not 100%...guess they were right.

Are you sick with INFLUENZA or a NORO-type gastrointestinal virus?

6 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

What will happen to the people who start showing symptoms tonight?  At the rate the numbers are increasing, there are bound to be new cases before disembarkation.  Will they be put off the ship while actively ill?

There's an idea -- just claim illness on the last day of your cruise and you get to stay on board for the next cruise for free!!!!!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, Teacher42 said:

To All, Tape or no tape? That is not the question! Take it upon yourselves to take the time to sanitize your cabin. Do not rely on the stewards to keep you safe. They could be just one vector spreading the contaminates. You are not dealing with Kellar scholars on board cruise ships.

Sanitizing your room has nothing to do with anything if you have crappy personal hygiene practices.  

WASH YOUR HANDS!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChiliTiger said:

If any of you other folks who are boarding on Sunday would like to get together and exchange pleasantries along with hygiene tips, please join us...we'll be the couple walking around in bubble wrap.

I, along with 7 friends, will be there, too. A bit nervous, but think this will be the cleanest ship on the ocean.  A couple of questions:

Do they bring extra help aboard tomorrow to aid in the deep cleaning?

wheres the best place to eat on embarkation day that isn’t a buffet?  Giovannini’s?

59 minutes ago, poncho1973 said:

I'm pretty sure US Pharmacist ranks up there with my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

He or she is quite important.

Yep... Only read and written by morons who after spending 6 years of their lives in college and around $150,000.00 make a career out of selling razor blades and condoms.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NelleS said:

wheres the best place to eat on embarkation day that isn’t a buffet?  Giovannini’s?

Park Cafe! Best roast beef sandwich and salad prepared and served by crew 😊

I’m freaking out, a little bit, but trying to keep things in perspective. As I sit in my hotel room, a couple of hours away from Tampa, I saw an “over the top” report of the Oasis situation!  The reporter called it the “Barf Boat”!  So crass!  My Husband and I are getting ready to board the Rhapsody tomorrow.  An earlier post here says that the flu is on that ship.  I will turn Diamond after this cruise, but that diamond is very quickly loosing its sparkle! 

• Like 2

Any idea about what chemicals are being used to clean the ship. A spray was mentioned, but does anyone have anymore details (or know where to find out)? I'm traveling with an infant (breastfed and beginning to crawl) and young child. 

Not only am I concerned with the little ones (especially the littlest one) getting sick, but by the chemicals being used to clean a

All. The. Things.

4 hours ago, crazyfrazee said:

Does the tape stay above the doors after the guest are no longer quarantined? If anyone on board gets board and takes a walk, could you please check 8590 and 8572? Thank you so much in advance!

They used yellow magnets above the doors on Vision when we were on a noro cruise. Maybe Oasis is so large that it is cheaper to use tape. With so many cabins affected, and knowing that the ship is going to be sanitized, the stewards may not be as vigilant about putting tape up and taking it down. ALL of the staterooms will be treated as hazardous, fogged and sanitized, it doesn't really matter if the previous occupants became ill on the sailing or not. 

It is just like a hotel room, you don't know what went on with the previous guests. And everything should be fine once you are on onboard. :classic_smile:

40 minutes ago, slipsailinaway said:

Any idea about what chemicals are being used to clean the ship. A spray was mentioned, but does anyone have anymore details (or know where to find out)? I'm traveling with an infant (breastfed and beginning to crawl) and young child. 

Not only am I concerned with the little ones (especially the littlest one) getting sick, but by the chemicals being used to clean a

All. The. Things.

When are you sailing? Sanitizers, used according to label are pretty benign, but the carpets  are not particularly clean to begin with, so I would ask for extra towels or a sheet and put it down and let an infant crawl on those. 

As far as what they are using, I do not know, but guest services <should> have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) available for you. If they don't, I would contact customer service at their main number or email.  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

When are you sailing? Sanitizers, used according to label are pretty benign, but the carpets  are not particularly clean to begin with, so I would ask for extra towels or a sheet and put it down and let an infant crawl on those. 

As far as what they are using, I do not know, but guest services <should> have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) available for you. If they don't, I would contact customer service at their main number or email.  

Just got off a call with RCI. They told me that I can request to have my cabin cleaned with vinegar and bleach instead. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NelleS said:

I, along with 7 friends, will be there, too. A bit nervous, but think this will be the cleanest ship on the ocean.  A couple of questions:

Do they bring extra help aboard tomorrow to aid in the deep cleaning?

PaRK CAFE

50 minutes ago, slipsailinaway said:

Just got off a call with RCI. They told me that I can request to have my cabin cleaned with vinegar and bleach instead.