SPB Tour for Emerald Princess 7/28 departure

minniemax

My husband and I definitely plan to use SPB tours for St. Petersburg and possibly for Berlin, also. My friend and her sister will also be joining us, I think. We have not decided on which of the 2 day tours as yet. Which ever tour we do, I want to add the Grand Choral Synagogue which I understand from SPB is easily done as it is about a 15 minute stop. Also, we want to do something in the evening such as dinner at an outdoor cafe on Nevsky Prospect, or the evening canal tour. Viktoria from SPB has advised that either is possible. I'm sure we will be exhausted at the end of the 2 days, but don't know that I will be getting there anytime soon.

While I now understand that it is not possible to go out in the evening without the help of the tour company, it does seem that with their sponsorship, dinner is possibly on Nevsky Prospect. Any thoughts from anyone who has spent the evening in St. Petersburg? Do you think that there are nice places for dinner that are not totally touristy? Is it a good place to just sit for a drink and people watch? Or.....do you suggest the canal cruise and vodka tour that SPB does in the evening (if enough people sign up_

So many decisions.

Archived