Celebrity Connections Party???

Tenn4ever

I've been on 13 Celebrity cruises and all our our Connections Parties were in the morning and they only served coffee, tea, and pastries.

Yup, that's been my experience too. There are other Captain's Club events that served alcohol for "free," but never at any of the Connections events I've attended.

For our Solstice cruise, the Connections event was in the Michael's Club setting. Very nice location. Our first four days on this Solstice Med cruise had long, port-intensive days. Our event was on the first full sailing day sandwiched between the first and second dining times after our day in Villefranche. The Cruise Director was there (and playing the piano). The Hotel Director and her top assistant were there, plus many other interesting people. Things worked well.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 64,331 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On both of my X cruises to date, the CC gathering featured wine and savory munchies, one at 11:30 in the morning, the other mid- afternoon. It may depend on which staffer organizes it -- Sue Denning put on a really nice gathering when she was on Century a couple years ago, I forget who was in charge last March on the Millenium but equally generous.

Well, Sue Denning organized our last gatherine on the Connie, but she didn't serve us wine at 10:00 in the morning.

I don't go to these things for the food/wine, Lord knows there's enough of that elsewhere on the ship! I go to meet my fellow roll call folks. And hopefully a bunch of the officers. I really don't care what they serve!

• 2 weeks later...

What is the facebook mingler?

I have Celebrity down on my facebook account but I don't remember seeing anything on it.

Can someone explain that one?

Also, how does one go about organizing a luncheon for end of cruise? I think that would be nice to say 'goodbye'

Meg

Edited by AerynSun_JohnCrighton

All the ones we've attended have been evening affairs with wine and snacks. We missed the last one because it was at 7:30 PM on debarkation night and we had reservations in the specialty restaurants

Are you sure you are not confusing Captain's Club get togethers with the Connections parties. What you are describing is what we are used to with Captain's Club affairs.

I agree we've also been to a bunch of them and they were always 10:00 or 10:30 first sea day -- coffee, tea and pastries.

We've two exceptions, the most recent was on the last Alaska cruise of the season on the Century. and it was at 5:00. We were surprised that it was a full blown cocktail party with an open bar.

The CD said it was because they hadn't done a single Connections party the whole time they were in Alaska and they decided to throw us a good party -- it was really nice.

The other was a few years ago on the Mercury. At the beginning of the cruise it was a normal party, they invited us to a second one in the late afternoon near the end of the cruise. It was a terrific cocktail party again with an open bar and a lot of senior officers including the captain.

We think that one was because we were getting back a day late from Hawaii due to turning around for a medical evacuation, as you can guess there were some upset people (None of the CC people that I knew of). Maybe they thought we were influential ;)

I've just got back from a caribbean cruise on Carnival Conquest and our meet and greet was at 10.30am on the 2nd day and we didn't get any drinks at all. In fact none of the ships officers turned up either, all we had was a waitress getting drinks from the bar. It was nice to put faces to names and we did a gift exchange.

Our next cruise is on the Celebrity Infinity on the 12th September so you never know I may be saying hello to some of you in the future.:)

Disembarked Sunday from the Solstice. I was the 14th person to register. I told all the newbies on the roll call to register.Solstice had a CC party but a lot of us did not get invited. Not sure what happened but had it just been me, I would have thought that perhaps I had made some mistake. So I have no idea what was served.

Interesting. We have only done Caribbean with Celebrity. Could it be the itinerary dictates day/time/provisions?
I have been to five continents with Celebrity, on twelve different Celebrity ships [some 3 and 4 times], and I have yet to see an evening Connections party [we did have an evening cocktail party on Azamara]. Apparently evening parties happen, but I haven't seen one. I sail on the Solstice Sunday - maybe I'll finally get lucky;)

Connections parties are generally late morning on the first sea day with juice, coffee and pastries. I did have wine ONE (1) time, but in that case the first scheduled party was cancelled at the last minute, and then NO staff member showed up for the rescheduled party; at the third announced time they did serve wine as a "make-up".

Thom

Disembarked Sunday from the Solstice. I was the 14th person to register. I told all the newbies on the roll call to register.Solstice had a CC party but a lot of us did not get invited. Not sure what happened but had it just been me, I would have thought that perhaps I had made some mistake. So I have no idea what was served.

Yes, it was disappointing that several on our Roll Call who registered for the Connections party did NOT get any invite! So I would guess that if you have registered & don't receive anything about it the first night, check with Guest Relations to confirm it.....

I have been to five continents with Celebrity, on twelve different Celebrity ships [some 3 and 4 times], and I have yet to see an evening Connections party [we did have an evening cocktail party on Azamara]. Apparently evening parties happen, but I haven't seen one. I sail on the Solstice Sunday - maybe I'll finally get lucky;)

Connections parties are generally late morning on the first sea day with juice, coffee and pastries. I did have wine ONE (1) time, but in that case the first scheduled party was cancelled at the last minute, and then NO staff member showed up for the rescheduled party; at the third announced time they did serve wine as a "make-up".

Thom

Some day I will be able to say that......dreaming for now.......:o

The 1 evening get together I attended was on SUMMIT Feb 2011.

It was Superbowl Sunday:) and it was the first full day of the cruise.

VERY port intensive cruise.....first sea day would have been 5 days

in so they decided to do it on Sunday (we sailed on Saturday).

It was held up in what was the Conservatory about 5:00pm. We

had a good turnout and they served champagne! If memory

serves we had about 30 people and the Hotel Director and CD

attendend as well.

Many folks were in their team colors...Steelers and Packers.

I agree with those who say it is usually on the first sea day and

late morning would be the usual time.

Edited by Lois R

• 2 years later...

Aloha All! I'm hoping you can help. With our four upcoming cruises, it took forever to get registered for the Meet & Mingle for the first cruise due to Celebrity having some problems. Issue resolved and we have our confirmation. The next cruise was an easy join with no problems though it still doesn't have the requisite 25 people. Our furthest cruise out is too far out to even allow joining so no problem there. The problem now is the Alaska cruise we're sneaking in between two. When we attempt to join the only answer that comes back is "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked". We're confused, we enter our reservation number., as displayed on our paperwork and in MyCelebrity cruise page. It's the only number we have. I originally thought it might be because it's not paid in full yet but neither is one of the others and one was just completed. So... Any ideas? Enquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance for your help.

We attended our first back in October. While I appreciate the time and effort the organizer put into it, we decided it wasn't our thing. The senior officers dropped by and talked a little, then it was on to a gift exchange. If you're not part of the gift exchange, it seemed like it was over pretty quick. Others' experiences may differ.

It also was scheduled about 15 minutes before the galley tour, which we wanted to do. In their defense, unless they schedule it at 3am, it's going to conflict with something. Looking forward, I don't see us making a special effort to attend the Connections events.

That being said, we eavesdropped on the one in the Caribbean the year before. The CC Host did most of the talking, as it was the day the revamped CC rolled out and HostAndy was there, so it was a bit more than your average Connections gathering.

been to a few and they were always the same. passengers will nab a table or chair and sit there. Rarely does anyone mingle as heaven for bid they will lose their seat. You really have to make a effort to meet anyone and it is difficult when people are sitting plus it doesn't help if there is a band playing and you have to talk over it.

Some one from the staff will greet everyone and introduce a few other staff members. A few passengers may gather after to do their gift exchange.

Their may be a raffle giving away some cheap trinkets or booby prizes that no one really needs or wants.

There was one where the self proclaimed leader decided that everyone wanted to hear him and a few of his friends sing some songs, it was very boring.

If you miss it don't worry. I found that you meet more passengers during the cabin crawl, slot pull and talking to people in other places.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Aloha All! I'm hoping you can help. With our four upcoming cruises, it took forever to get registered for the Meet & Mingle for the first cruise due to Celebrity having some problems. Issue resolved and we have our confirmation. The next cruise was an easy join with no problems though it still doesn't have the requisite 25 people. Our furthest cruise out is too far out to even allow joining so no problem there. The problem now is the Alaska cruise we're sneaking in between two. When we attempt to join the only answer that comes back is "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked". We're confused, we enter our reservation number., as displayed on our paperwork and in MyCelebrity cruise page. It's the only number we have. I originally thought it might be because it's not paid in full yet but neither is one of the others and one was just completed. So... Any ideas? Enquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you book through Celebrity - or through a travel agent? I had this issue since we booked with a travel agent. Until our booking changed from "ON 24 HOUR HOLD" to "BOOKED", we were unable to register even though we were fully deposited for months.

(It was "ON 24 HOUR HOLD" for 3 months!!!)

Does your reservation on the Celebrity website say "BOOKED", or something else?

Edited by DinaS

• 5 months later...
We would like to sign up for the Connections on the Silhouette leaving Amsterdam on Aug. 8. Lauren and Jim #6292
You need to go to https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/getParty to register. You will need your Reservation number. There are already 143 signed up for the party.

Thom

PS I am NOT on this cruise. ENJOY

We've two exceptions, the most recent was on the last Alaska cruise of the season on the Century. and it was at 5:00. We were surprised that it was a full blown cocktail party with an open bar.

We also had one in the very late afternoon on the Century last year. They were serving mimosas and champagne, but no hor d'ourves as far as I remember. The cruise director and a couple of the officers attended. It was very well attended by roll call members... I would say about 100 people and it was held in the observation lounge prior to the elite captains club party. They explained what Celebrity was doing with the Century as well as why they confiscated everyone's wine upon boarding.....that topic dominated the conversation. They explained that they read cruise critic and all the ways alcohol is snuck onboard....and it was during spring break. Funny thing, this was so NOT a spring break cruise.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

My wife Jackie and I would like to tour St. George. Since we have never been to Bermuda, we are uncertain if it is necessary to take an organized tour or simply cruise around by ourselves. Also, could anyone recommend a particular beach?

Thanks

Hi,

My wife Jackie and I would like to tour St. George. Since we have never been to Bermuda, we are uncertain if it is necessary to take an organized tour or simply cruise around by ourselves. Also, could anyone recommend a particular beach?

Thanks

You would be better off going to the Roll Call or the Ports of Call board to post your questions/research beaches in Bermuda.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=286

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

• 3 years later...

Can't sign in to connect party.  Eclipse Nov 20 !!  Says only for confirmed bookings.  We are booked and fully paid !!k!!!!? Also put in my 2daughters information 

help please.   Thanks