Celebrity Connections Party???

Tenn4ever

Sailed on two Summit cruises, and did the roll calls and connection get together.

The roll call pretty much determines and defines the group.

On previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, our roll calls scheduled sail away parties, planned / discussed excursions, had a spreadsheet of all the members that listed each city, state, approximate age, what kind of cabin, whether they sailed on the ship previously, been to any of the ports, how many in their group, etc.  We did cabin crawls and were able to visit every different cabin category.

My experience with the Celebrity roll calls is, in a nutshell, boring.  Pretty much nothing to them.  And the connections parties pretty much lame.

2 hours ago, Egans said:

Can't sign in to connect party.  Eclipse Nov 20 !!  Says only for confirmed bookings.  We are booked and fully paid !!k!!!!? Also put in my 2daughters information 

help please.   Thanks

Likely a computer glitch at Celebritys  end. Try calling, and have them do it for you.

• 1 month later...

A little frustrated with Celebrity Customer Service.  Tried to sign up for Connections party.  Thought I was signed up but just called to confirm.  Called Customer Service.  I was told I'm on a "group" booking. (Booked with TA)  CR rep didn't know what I was talking about.  Now she put me on hold with the group department.  Sigh.

And now I'm told I need to sign up through the Roll Call, and that Celebrity doesn't manage sign up for the Connections party.  Double sigh.

I think I documented this elsewhere, but when I try to sign up for the connections party, I get error message:

The booking entered could not be retrieved. Please check your entries.

Edited by zitsky

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

A little frustrated with Celebrity Customer Service.  Tried to sign up for Connections party.  Thought I was signed up but just called to confirm.  Called Customer Service.  I was told I'm on a "group" booking. (Booked with TA)  CR rep didn't know what I was talking about.  Now she put me on hold with the group department.  Sigh.

And now I'm told I need to sign up through the Roll Call, and that Celebrity doesn't manage sign up for the Connections party.  Double sigh.

I think I documented this elsewhere, but when I try to sign up for the connections party, I get error message:

No cause for concern. Just go to Guest Relations and ask the time and place and just show up. Usually, but not always held the first sea day in the morning.

1 minute ago, Orator said:

No cause for concern. Just go to Guest Relations and ask the time and place and just show up. Usually, but not always held the first sea day in the morning.

Thanks.  That's what I'll do.  I thought maybe it was like high school, and I wasn't popular enough to attend.  (Sobbing quietly because I'm at work.)

/kidding, I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, zitsky said:

You did document. I agree with your last post on your previous July 31, 2019 thread Connections email bouncing. My face is sad ☹️ too. I still cannot register since I am booked on a group fare with my group's TA as explained in your previous thread.

Yes, we found out the connections@celebrity.com e-mail address mentioned on the X registration page is not a working address. This is per the thread Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked. Also, Essiesmom explained the following: "It's not booking through a TA that is the problem.  It is when that TA has booked you on a group fare, whether there really is a 'group'.  Until everyone booked in that 'group' has made final payment, no individual is considered paid.  EM"

As for you being told X doesn't manage the sign up for the Connections party, all I can say to X is "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" The registration page is on the X website, not Cruise Critic's. X hosts the party, X handles the registrations, X chooses the time, place, refreshments, what X staff will attend and X delivers the invitations to staterooms. Most often, trying to talk to X Customer Service or Captain's Club about having trouble with registration for the parties is a waste of everyone's time. And they seem to always throw it back to being Cruise Critic's fault or Cruise Critic has to "fix" it which is not correct.

As mentioned on your previous thread, members having trouble getting registered has been going on for years. Even though the start date for this thread originally about Connections party details is February 12, 2012, it went off the original topic in post #39 on February 9, 2015 when the X error message "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked" was reported. See the pinned threads at the top of X Roll Call forums titled Celebrity Connections Registration Issues and Connections Party Sign Up Site Issue. Note the start dates are in 2013 and 2014. After all these years, the pinned threads are STILL there because there are STILL the same issues!

Kat 🐱

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Suggest that you check the Cruise Critic help board. 

We had an issue and they gave us an e mail address that worked well...Hopefully still useful!

Was your issue related to the connections party?

On 8/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, Orator said:

Agreed.  In particular, as for the ship's Event Coordinator.  That person is responsible for sending out the CC Party invitations and on a couple of occasions, they have taken my roll call spreadsheet printout to make sure their invitation list is complete for other CC activities.

7DF6ACD8-B3B3-436C-BCB0-8A280D27893A.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Was your issue related to the connections party?

Yes..we could not register for the Connections party successfully after many attempts..   Whatever they suggested worked on the first try,  

I will try to find the e mail instructions but may not have saved it,.

10 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

You did document. I agree with your last post on your previous July 31, 2019 thread Connections email bouncing. My face is sad ☹️ too. I still cannot register since I am booked on a group fare with my group's TA as explained in your previous thread.

Yes, we found out the connections@celebrity.com e-mail address mentioned on the X registration page is not a working address. This is per the thread Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked. Also, Essiesmom explained the following: "It's not booking through a TA that is the problem.  It is when that TA has booked you on a group fare, whether there really is a 'group'.  Until everyone booked in that 'group' has made final payment, no individual is considered paid.  EM"

As for you being told X doesn't manage the sign up for the Connections party, all I can say to X is "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" The registration page is on the X website, not Cruise Critic's. X hosts the party, X handles the registrations, X chooses the time, place, refreshments, what X staff will attend and X delivers the invitations to staterooms. Most often, trying to talk to X Customer Service or Captain's Club about having trouble with registration for the parties is a waste of everyone's time. And they seem to always throw it back to being Cruise Critic's fault or Cruise Critic has to "fix" it which is not correct.

As mentioned on your previous thread, members having trouble getting registered has been going on for years. Even though the start date for this thread originally about Connections party details is February 12, 2012, it went off the original topic in post #39 on February 9, 2015 when the X error message "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked" was reported. See the pinned threads at the top of X Roll Call forums titled Celebrity Connections Registration Issues and Connections Party Sign Up Site Issue. Note the start dates are in 2013 and 2014. After all these years, the pinned threads are STILL there because there are STILL the same issues!

Kat 🐱

I am booked through a group with a TA and have had no problem registering for the Connections Party. I just always use an Incognito window on whatever browser, go to the X home page, then type in "cruise critic connections" in the search bar. Then click on the top search result. Then enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date and email address. If for any reason that doesn't work, call Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and ask them to do it for you.

5 minutes ago, Scottygirl1 said:

I wonder if the website has an issue?  All I get is this for the cruise we are going on.  I know the details are correct and there is a party on for that cruise.

2143266829_ScreenShot2019-08-19at11_04_28AM.png.4d5f50f5eff55b64b873062b44192d3e.png

It's gotta be a website issue. I get the same thing for my Dec 23 2019 Solstice cruise which we have successfully registered 8 months ago.

But I don't get an error message when I search for my Dec 20 2020 Millennium sailing.

Edited by mahdnc

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It's a website issue. I get the same thing for my Dec 23 2019 Solstice cruise which we have successfully registered 8 months ago.

Funny, now it works and says that 1 person is registered for the party?  I presume that means 1 person from my booking?  I then tried again and it let me register myself so now shows a total of two registered.  I think that means I'm in!!

12 minutes ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Funny, now it works and says that 1 person is registered for the party?  I presume that means 1 person from my booking?  I then tried again and it let me register myself so now shows a total of two registered.  I think that means I'm in!!

I think you are right. 

However, FWIW, there is no change in how my two cruises are shown.