Segway Tour thru RCI - Which time?

bsbcgirl

Thinking of booking this thru RCI. It says this tour is 2 hours. Only in port from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Times available are 7:30 AM or 10:00 AM. Would the 10:00 AM tour time be cutting it too close to get back on board? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Thinking of booking this thru RCI. It says this tour is 2 hours. Only in port from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Times available are 7:30 AM or 10:00 AM. Would the 10:00 AM tour time be cutting it too close to get back on board? Thanks.

THank you so much for posting this! I was about to reserve the segway tour also and thought to myself "oh wait, If i take the 10am tour then there is no time afterwards for anything"

However, it also made me question about the fort. On the official site it says it is not open until 9am. If our tour starts at 7pm and is 2hrs, then how will we see the fort??

Does anybody know? Did anyone take the 7am tour and still see the fort?

EDIT: Just went to reserve the 7am tour regardless since the 10am will be to late and I saw that it is now 7:30, thus maybe the fort will be the last sight on the segway tour @9am since it is only a 25min tour then head back to the port. However I will leave this question up for any future readers who happen to have a 7am tour start and are wondering the same thing as I was.

If you'll be booking the tour through the cruiseline, then you should not worry about making it back. One of the few advantages of buying tours through the ship is that they will never leave without you as long as you stay with the tour. We've had our departures delayed to wait on a cruiseline excursion that was slow to return.

I would book the earlier tour, then head to El Morro Fort on your own for an hour or so. That would leave you with plenty of time to get back to the ship. It's nice to get there early before it becomes crowded. Great views and photo ops :)

Did this tour back in January 2011 and loved it! You will have so much fun! We did the earlier tour and we are glad we did, because it got SOOO hot in the afternoon!! With the earlier time we also got done in time to tour the rest of the city on foot, shopping, and grabbed lunch at Senor Frogs!!! Have fun!!!

Did this tour back in January 2011 and loved it! You will have so much fun! We did the earlier tour and we are glad we did, because it got SOOO hot in the afternoon!! With the earlier time we also got done in time to tour the rest of the city on foot, shopping, and grabbed lunch at Senor Frogs!!! Have fun!!!

Did the segway tour include the fort since it was the early tour or did they instead alternate sights? Just curious, either way we will visit it either on the segway tour or by foot (hope not).

Thanks!

Did the segway tour include the fort since it was the early tour or did they instead alternate sights? Just curious, either way we will visit it either on the segway tour or by foot (hope not).

Thanks!

Yes, it included El Morro Fort. The trek up there on the segway was awesome! Lots of people headed up the path by foot and staring us down as we zoomed by them with no effort at all! So Fun!! I have some pictures I can post if you'd like to view them. Any other questions? Feel free to ask away! :)

Yes, it included El Morro Fort. The trek up there on the segway was awesome! Lots of people headed up the path by foot and staring us down as we zoomed by them with no effort at all! So Fun!! I have some pictures I can post if you'd like to view them. Any other questions? Feel free to ask away! :)

HAHA awesome! I can't wait to zoom pass people that are walking the long path in that crazy heat :D

As for the photos, sure if you don't mind posting them and taking the time to do so, we would love to see them.

Thanks so much for your help! ;)

I'll give you a little background on the tour also. We walked off the ship and saw our guide on a segway and knew that was our tour. We followed her to their tour "store" which was just a short walk (across from Senor Frogs). We watched a short video while she took us out individually to learn/practice/get use to riding the segway. It was so easy to catch on to!! I was nervous but a few minutes practicing turning, backing up, and going forward - I was set to go! Even as the tour went on I felt more comfortable, holding on with 1 hand and snapping pictures with the camera in the other hand :)

We had many stops along the way for sites and she even takes your camera and has you "pose" next to things. So much information and history that I can't remember it all. Toured El Morro for 20-30 minutes, maybe even longer. She paid for the admission. Here you can use the bathroom and see some of the sites. Some very pretty views! Back down through the streets for some more zipping around.

Me and my boyfriend loved this tour so much! Boyfriend even had to look up the price of on when we got home :D

Archived