Freestile eating, NCL - but any others?

hyrokin

I have been on my first cruise with the NCL and loved it.

I am now planning to go again. But I found one thing that is crucial to me.

I want to be able to go and eat when I want without planning in advance.

It is a part of NCLs Freestile cruising, but does any other cruiselines have the same obsion?

Many offer a variant of it called Your Time Dining or My Time Dining but there are limits on the number of passengers that can take advantage of it on any given sailing. We're going on CCL for the first time and chose to go with the traditional dining because we wanted to give it a try.

It is a part of NCLs Freestile cruising, but does any other cruiselines have the same obsion?

Most of the mainline cruise lines have some flexible dining now. Look for words like "my time dining", "anytime dining", "your time dining", etc. If you're working with an agent, have him/her ask to get you assigned to that, as the lines will also have "fixed" dining, so space in both is limited.

I make sure to get whatever flexible dining options there are; I'll not do fixed dining again!

some have some variant of it...but on the mass cruise lines its just not the same.

Oceania's is about the closest.

Most cruise lines now offer "anytime" "open" "my time" or other such names type dining. On most cruise lines you can eat in the buffet at anytime if you do not want to get dressed for formal night, but some like NCL or Oceania do not have an official formal night.

We always opt out for anytime/open dining.

Hyrokin- I think that the majority of cruises you can reach from Denmark will have freedom dining, except for Cunard. It is so popular on one line that if there's a lot of people on the wait list for freedom, they'll actually change one of the set dining rooms to add another freedom one on.

Most ships also have a buffet, and various other dining areas....be careful with MSC, as I read that their buffet isn't open on an evening, and I'm not sure they have freedom dining.

Enjoy searching!;)

Jo.

If you sail Cunard in Brittania Club or the Grill classes, you automatically have open dining. You have an assigned table, but can go any time the dining room is open. EM

I didn't know that- another little gem of yours to store away in my mind! Many thanks! :)

Jo.

Have to agree with the others. Many lines offer this under their own unique wording. Last year we sailed RCCL on Oasis...we selected their flex dining option. We could either show up anytime the dining room was open OR we could even make a dining reservation ahead of time for any given day for whatever time we wanted. Loved it. Very flexible. I think NCL set the standard and other cruise lines followed suit very quickly. It's obviously been a hit as I've not seen any cruise line drop this feature yet.

Archived