Best time to book 2013 Princess Cherry Blossom cruise?

bazzaw

I know that this is an almost impossible question to answer - but anyway - has anybody who has done the CB got any thoughts on when to book. We are happy to book guarantees - no requirement for any particular cabin or grade (just the cheapest! :p)

Barry

Barry,

We were thinking about this cruise and decided to wait until the last minute.

Prices for this year's cruise on the Sea Princess departing 4/3/12 are being advertised at $4400.00 for the 42 nights OR $1600.00 for the 21 night Sydney to Shanghai leg.

Obviously inside cabin which would also suit us anyway.

I know that this is an almost impossible question to answer - but anyway - has anybody who has done the CB got any thoughts on when to book. We are happy to book guarantees - no requirement for any particular cabin or grade (just the cheapest! :p)

Barry

We did half of this cruise in 2009, 23 days i.e. flew from Brisbane to Beijing and then sailed home from Shanghai to Oz. This cruise always reduces in price closer to departure as most people find this cruise way too long with lots of sea days at a stretch.

My advice is to wait as long as you can as the price will surely come down.

As late as possible...I had to fight like mad to get our balconies reduced from more than $13,000 each booked 18 months out with no OBC to the $9000 odd that they advertised closer to final payment to make it worse they sectored it and would not allow our friends to change the booking to joining in Shanghai despite them selling the cabin....that did it for aussie agents for me.:mad:

Dont get me wrong it a fabulous cruise and I would do it again in a heartbeat..despite reservations about long cruises on the Dawn Princess...but we were severely ripped off...I only got part compensation and that was in OBC certainly nothing at all like the drop in price.

These days I would rather miss out than get ripped off although I have booked my next two cruises well ahead...but not with aussie agents however they are niche cruises which will more than likely sell out.

There is also a site which alerts you to drops in prices...which I have now suscribed

Sue

Archived