Are there any new announcements coming?

Topo Gigio

Besides the loyalty program I'm sure there is another announcement coming about Europe. On the TA site when you enter Europe for 2013 the Legend comes up but so does the Breeze. Can't get any other information about it though. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know if there is anything coming FROM Carnival, but Cruise Industry News is speculating that the reason why the Destiny is going to Europe, and there are no schedules posted after the Transatlantic, is because it is joining the Costa fleet....:cool:

I don't know if there is anything coming FROM Carnival, but Cruise Industry News is speculating that the reason why the Destiny is going to Europe, and there are no schedules posted after the Transatlantic, is because it is joining the Costa fleet....:cool:

They're welcome to her!;)

More probably Ibero.

i'm hoping for something that affects us in the states. so far, we are losing 50% of the spirit class vessels, and 25% more losing one in the northeast.

maybe a new announcement soon on the announcement of a new vip program.

I haven't really seen any good news from them. All of it has been disappointing.

I doubt Destiny is joining Costa outright, but she may be taking the slot Concordia vacated and will probably be doing her runs. That way Carnival Corporation isn't out money from that route altogether. Carnival is in a fleet arms race with RCI and if they keep hemorrhaging ships, they will have less ships than Royal sailing... which is why they have been careful in recent years to replace older tonnage with newer ships.

Otherwise, the new loyalty program will be announced at some point...

Archived