Liberty - 2/11 - 2/18 Had a great time!

Yingus

Just got back from cruising on the Liberty. We had a wonderful time and wish we were still on vacation!

-Arrived at the Fort Lauderdale airport around 11:45, call SAS for pick up (they were there within 5 minutes),

check in at the terminal was a breeze and we were on board by 1:30.

-Our room was ready so we went to check it out. We were in room 7446 - aft balcony. We loved it, and will

never go back to any other balcony room. The view is amazing, the sunsets are beautiful, and we truely enjoyed our view.

-Headed to Guy's burgers, O my gosh! They are the best!!

-Safety drill - the usual and then we set sail.

-Cruise Director Karl (with a K) was great. We are are huge Butch fan, but I have to say that we actually like Karl

and his team better. Karl was more visiable throughout the cruise and seemed to have more interactions with passengers.

-Nightly shows were good. Didn't see any of the comedians

-Dinning - We did anytime dinning. We like having the choice of what time to eat. Joseph was our waiter the first night

and we requested him for every night afterwards. He was great. The food was good. The flat iron steak is excellent. No

real complaints with the food.

-Chairs, there was only one day at sea that there seemed to be a problem with there being a shortage of chairs. This was

the day that we couldn't get into port so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.

-Activities - We played volleyball, dodge ball, bean bag toss, mini golf, basketball and the waterslide. We met alot of nice people on board.

-Ports - Cozumel- We took a taxi to Chankanaab National Park. The cost was 10.00 for all 4 of us. The price for the park

was 23.00 which included a free drink and T-shirt. The cost included the beach area, the sea lion show, the dophin viewing,

the ruins, and tropical garden. The sea lion show was cute. They take your picture afterwards with a sealion kissing you. The

dolphin viewing was ok. The beach was beautiful. You can rent snorkel equipment (we brought our own). Beers were 6 for 15.00.

Food was so so (burgers were 8.00 with fries). If I were ever to swim with the dolphins I would do it here. We watched a session

and the trainer has the dolphin push you while you're on a boggie board/and or push your feet so your up in the air. It looked like

alot of fun. We enjoyed the park. They have taxi's waiting to take you back to the port which made it very easy to get back.

-Belize - we didn't get off the ship. We wanted to do the excursion to Bannister Island but it was sold out. The tender to Belize

takes about 20 minutes on the boat so we opted to stay on the ship. We had the ship pretty much to ourselves which made for

a very relaxing day by the pool. Anderson (waiter) took excellent care of us all week long by the pool.

-Isla Roatan, unfortunately they couldn't dock the ship due to high winds so we had another day at sea.

-Grand Cayman- we did the island tour and stingray swim through Nativeway Water Sports. This is the second time we've done

a tour with them. They are reliable and professional. Highly recommend them. The tour took us to the Rum factory(not very exciting,

just a store, 7 mile beach, and the Turtle farm (which was very nice,.. we got to hold some big turtles) and then took a boat out

to the stingrays). They make sure that you are back at the port in plenty of time to get on the ship. (The port is tender)

-Spa - Husband had a massage and loved it.

-Check out. We were out of our room by 8:30. Had breakfast and then sat out by the pool until 10:30. Didn't feel the need to

hurry or stand in the line at customs so we relaxed on the ship. When they made the last call to leave the ship we departed,

got our bags and went through customs. We used SAS again for our transportation back to the air port (oh they charge 13.00

per person each way from/to Fort Lauderdale). We called them and they were there within 5 minutes.

-Overall - this is our second time on the Liberty. The new renovations are good. Guy's Burger is wonderful. Loved being on the

Aft Balcony. The food was good, the service in the main dinning room and pool side were excellent. The shows were enjoyable.

All and all we had a fun time and look forward to our next cruise!

woohoo! Nice review, thanks for posting your thoughts! I'll be doing this route next winter, so I'm wondering...

In the ports where you were able to get into the ocean, how was the water temps to you? (crossing fingers like crazy and hoping you won't say "refreshing"!) :eek:

The only time we really felt the motion of the ship was Sunday morning. The water was a little rough and we could feel it. But I don't think it was any worse on the aft than any other place on the ship. The view is beautiful and we loved every minute of it. It would be difficult for us to go back to a side balcony, that's how much we loved the aft.

We were in the water at Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I didn't think it was cold at all. I also spoke with someone who did the Cave tubing(Belize) and I asked them if the water there was cold and they said no (one of the reasons we didn't do the tubing was because we thought it would be cold). We had beautiful weather.

5 days.... I am so jealous!!!!! The Liberty is a nice ship and the new renovations are nice. Can't say enough about Guy's Burgers. I hope you have a great trip!

-Arrived at the Fort Lauderdale airport around 11:45, call SAS for pick up (they were there within 5 minutes),

Sorry I'm new... What is SAS? I've seen it mentioned alot..is it a shuttle? is it cheaper than a cab? should I call ahead.

Sorry I'm new... What is SAS? I've seen it mentioned alot..is it a shuttle? is it cheaper than a cab? should I call ahead.

SAS transportation out of Fort Lauderdale, the are a shared ride van, very reliable and $15 per person, $12 for kids I think, from FLL to Port of Miami or Miami Hotels.....they can not do Miami pickups except at the Port on your return.

I am really enjoying hearing about the Liberty! I am actually close to you in PA as well.

I will be on in a few months in the exact opposite cabin as you were in. I will be in 7451.

Would love to hear more about the room. Did you find it was still pretty convenient for you to get everywhere? how about the noise? did you notice anything? also Did you happen to get to the EA sports bar? I was wondering if they actually have the Wings available that John Heald has been talking about?

I am soooo looking forward to this ship !

Thanks!:)

SAS transportation out of Fort Lauderdale, the are a shared ride van, very reliable and $15 per person, $12 for kids I think, from FLL to Port of Miami or Miami Hotels.....they can not do Miami pickups except at the Port on your return.

Ah! Thanks for the information.. 30 Days!!:D

We were next to you on the Freedom in Cozumel. It was cool to see the sister ships right next to each other like that, especially since I sailed on the Liberty 4 years ago. When we were leaving the ships were blowing horns at each other and I also saw people on you ship dancing to the music being played on our ship.

I thought the location of the room was good. All we had to do was get on the closest elevator and go up to level 9 (lido) where all the food/pools were. The room was the same size as a normal balcony room. We didn't hear any noises from above or below us. We got to meet some nice people in the aft balconies as the back is sloped so you can actually talk to the people above and below you.

We didn't get to the EA bar. Time just flies and before you know it you're leaving the ship :(

We had the Maya Key's trip booked. A little disappointed that we couldn't dock. Though that was the day after the prison fire so I guess it was a good thing we didn't go on land.

It was neat seeing both ships docked next to each other. We also had 4 ships tendering at Grand Cayman which was neat to see.

Has anyone been on the Glory? We booked it for next year. It's suppose to be going in for renovations this year.

Hi thanks for the review!!!! We were on the Liberty Feb 2011 and are going again in Feb 2013. I thought i remembered that there were plenty of food options in the late evening Yes No? We were just on a Royal ship and after 9 it was either bad pizza dry little sandwiches and a few brownies etc in the cafe or you could go back to your room and get room service. After midnight you had to pay 3.95 for room service. We like to go up and get a late night snack (after a few drinks) or to get something during the lido movie and going back to the room just isn't a social thing for us. Any pictures of the renovations???

Thanks for your help :)

The food on the lido deck closed at 9. (buffet and Guy's burgers) The pizza bar is open all night as well as the soft serve ice cream. You can get room service 24/7 and it's free. This was our second time on the Liberty and enjoyed it both times. I'm going to try and post some pictures.

Hi thanks for the review!!!! We were on the Liberty Feb 2011 and are going again in Feb 2013. I thought i remembered that there were plenty of food options in the late evening Yes No? We were just on a Royal ship and after 9 it was either bad pizza dry little sandwiches and a few brownies etc in the cafe or you could go back to your room and get room service. After midnight you had to pay 3.95 for room service. We like to go up and get a late night snack (after a few drinks) or to get something during the lido movie and going back to the room just isn't a social thing for us. Any pictures of the renovations???

Thanks for your help :)

One option is of course the pizza which is open 24/7 (you can also get ceasar salad there and freshly made garlic bread!)

There are also 'late night' snacks up on the lido deck - aft near the adult pool (on the other side of where the pizza place is)- where the 'old' hamburger grill used to be - called Good Eats!

They serve hots dogs, hot grilled sandwiches, cookies, brownies and fruit - didn't try any of the hot food so can't say how it tastes! :)

2496149090059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2157522310059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2033728870059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

One option is of course the pizza which is open 24/7 (you can also get ceasar salad there and freshly made garlic bread!)

There are also 'late night' snacks up on the lido deck - aft near the adult pool (on the other side of where the pizza place is)- where the 'old' hamburger grill used to be - called Good Eats!

They serve hots dogs, hot grilled sandwiches, cookies, brownies and fruit - didn't try any of the hot food so can't say how it tastes! :)

2496149090059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2157522310059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

2033728870059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

I LOVE this late night option called GOOD EATS! Do you know how late they are open?

Archived