Dining question for a family of five.

bsbcgirl

We are currently booked for my time dining on our Explorer cruise this June. (reserved times have not yet opened up) The traditional 8:30 pm dining (which we prefer) is also available. However, it is very important to us to be seated alone, as our three adult children no longer live with us and this cruise is a chance for us to spend valuable family time together, especially at dinner. If we switch to traditional dining at 8:30 pm, what are the chances that RCI will honor our request to dine alone?

I think the chances are very good that you will get a table for just your family. Once on the ship check out the table that you have been assigned by visiting the dining room.I usually do this as soon as I get on the ship. If it is a large table request a change to a smaller table with just your family. I find the person making the table changes very accommodating. Good luck and Happy Cruising!

I also think it's a good idea to check in at the dining room as soon as you board. The Maitre D may very well be able to help you. You should also be aware that your wait for a table to yourselves may be extended (probably not by much though) with My Time Dining.

If one of you is staying in a suite give some thought to ordering off the MDR menu in your room. If that's not the case, you might enjoy a specialty restaurant a couple of nights. Also the buffet in the Windjammer serves pretty much the same food as MDR for dinner and you'd probably have a good chance of walking right in a getting a table to yourselves during dinner.

We are currently booked for my time dining on our Explorer cruise this June. (reserved times have not yet opened up) The traditional 8:30 pm dining (which we prefer) is also available. However, it is very important to us to be seated alone, as our three adult children no longer live with us and this cruise is a chance for us to spend valuable family time together, especially at dinner. If we switch to traditional dining at 8:30 pm, what are the chances that RCI will honor our request to dine alone?

I would suggest that you email rcldining@rccl.com This is the address that folks normally use when requesting a table for 2. However, given the special circumstances of this cruise for you and your family, I would explain that and see what they say. It never hurts to ask. Good Luck and enjoy that cruise with your children.

I would suggest that you email rcldining@rccl.com This is the address that folks normally use when requesting a table for 2. However, given the special circumstances of this cruise for you and your family, I would explain that and see what they say. It never hurts to ask. Good Luck and enjoy that cruise with your children.

I always forget that sending an email is an option. That's a great idea!

I've emailed them many times requesting a table for just my family of 5 and we have always gotten what we asked for except 1 time they sat us with another family of 5 - with 3 beautiful daughters...I have 3 sons. Needless to say we were happy with our tablemates :D

Archived