Am I missing something here ?

kalos

:confused: Just looking at the Christmas Destiny Prices and availability .I note that on the 21st December in Tenerife Apart from the Suite

(only one left) you can choose any other decks four,six and three etc no problem .

Yet overnight when you dock in Gran Canaria the day after on the 22nd it reads like the ships almost full "hurry only four rooms left"

on decks six four and five .:confused: I could understand it if it were the reverse and people were ending their hols in Gran Canaria.

Anyone care to explain it ? Are Thomsons pushing for early bookings as I have seen it read "hurry only only X amount of cabins left" only for it to vanish from the web site a few days later ! ...???

:confused: Just looking at the Christmas Destiny Prices and availability .I note that on the 21st December in Tenerife Apart from the Suite

(only one left) you can choose any other decks four,six and three etc no problem .

Yet overnight when you dock in Gran Canaria the day after on the 22nd it reads like the ships almost full "hurry only four rooms left"

on decks six four and five .:confused: I could understand it if it were the reverse and people were ending their hols in Gran Canaria.

Anyone care to explain it ? Are Thomsons pushing for early bookings as I have seen it read "hurry only only X amount of cabins left" only for it to vanish from the web site a few days later ! ...???

I have always had my doubts on the truth of the 'hurry, only X amount of cabins left'. I know they have been told-off about it before. Usually though I think more people do join the ship in Tenerife than Gran Canaria, due to more flights and being a slightly more popular island. Maybe they are then splitting the cabins between those embarking in Tenerife and placing more availability there than Gran Canaria.

Also, with the discussions regarding Thomson Majesty replacing Thomson Destiny on the Canary Islands routes, perhaps their reducing the capacity on certain cabins ready for the swap, as Destiny has more cabins than the Majesty.

Thompson's are always doing this, I was watching the price for 2011/2012 Destiny Colourful coasts Xmas and New year for several months during last summer. When I first started looking in May the headline was "hurry only 1 cabin left" during the next 3 months it fluctuated between 1 and 4 cabins left. When I actually decided to take the plunge and book in August it said 1 cabin left on the web site, but was told; for an extra fee I could pick my cabin. They do the same thing with the flights.

In days gone by you would have had to book for Christmas and new year as soon as the brochures came out, now it is so different. The bottom line really is how badly do you want to do this cruise and how much are you willing to pay. If you are a true Yorkshireman like me Kalos; it won't be much LOL.

.... how much are you willing to pay. If you are a true Yorkshireman like me Kalos; it won't be much LOL.

My Mum was a true Yorkshire lass and my dad a true Scot and I was brought up in Yorkshire for over the last 50 odd years ,

so I think I'm about the same as you when it comes to parting with the £££'s Phil. :D ;)

kalossaver.jpg:eek:

My Mum was a true Yorkshire lass and my dad a true Scot and I was brought up in Yorkshire for over the last 50 odd years ,

so I think I'm about the same as you when it comes to parting with the £££'s Phil. :D ;):eek:

Blimey, bet you can peel an orange in your pocket with a boxing glove on;)

I think sometimes they get some of the TAs allocations back.

It's probably all about allocations - I suspect that Tenerife departures sell more (as there are more flights to Tenerife?) so they keep the majority of their cabins allocated for the Tenerife arrivals and only keep a small amount of cabins for the Gran Canaria. Bear in mind that everyone will stay in their cabin for 7 nights so they will have to allocate so many cabins for Tenerife for 7 nights, so many for Gran Canaria for 7 nights and so many for Madeira (if you can arrive in Madeira this year?) etc etc

Archived