Bayonne Premier Parking

Johnd6rose

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bayonne+Crossing+Shopping+Center,+New+Hook+Rd,+Bayonne,+NJ+07002&daddr=40.66363,-74.103809&hl=en&ll=40.663916,-74.104908&spn=0.003913,0.005799&sll=40.663813,-74.104795&sspn=0.003913,0.005799&geocode=CTloTDWJCNJ1FQN6bAIdxzmV-yk7CSX-5VHCiTHiIJsHIR8Dkw%3B&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=18&z=18

Entrance is where the A is, drive in and go to the right around the Building and Park where you see the letter B. When we were there, cars were only parked 1 car deep and no one was blocked in. Easy in and easy out. Parking lot is not on a main road so no one drives by your car the entire time.

Jimbo :)

Edited by Jimbo

Cost was only $55.92 for 8 days. $6.99.

We're planning on using them in June, but according to their web site, the rate is $11.99 a day, and with fees and other charges, parking for a week's cruise is $125. But still better then the terminal price.

Cost was only $55.92 for 8 days. $6.99.

We're planning on using them in June, but according to their web site, the rate is $11.99 a day, and with fees and other charges, parking for a week's cruise is $125. But still better then the terminal price.

You are booking using the wrong link for the $6.99 a day rate.

Use this one.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/map/?start_date=3%2F21%2F2015&start_time=11%3A30am&end_date=3%2F29%2F2015&end_time=11%3A30am&location_id=

Jimbo:)

Hi, So the total cost for the cruise parking is what is given on the web site and there is no cost for the shuttle to the ship?

We gave the driver a tip each way, I suppose you don't have to though, that would be up to you. Still beats paying that $20 a day at the port and this parking lot is only a 1.5 miles away from the port.

I believe i'm going to book now again for a 10 day October Cruise we have coming up before the prices go up since I let the cat out of the bag about the low price. 10 Nights would be $69.90.a savings of $130.10 from the Cruiseport charge.

Plus if I would have to Cancel? ParkWhiz parking passes can be canceled for a full refund up to the start of the parking period.

Edited by Jimbo

• 1 month later...

has anyone who has parked in bayone port liberty had bad experience?

i am worried about security anywhere around NYC

also pricing for parking i have a 3 hour drive to port

thanks

has anyone who has parked in bayone port liberty had bad experience?

also pricing for parking i have a 3 hour drive to port

thanks

The Cape Liberty parking is $19/day. It is two miles out on a peninsula that has security because it is a port area. The only bad experience recently was the Hurricaine Sandy flooding. Vandalism has not been reported.

Sorry, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen here on CC. What exactly are you expecting to happen to your car and maybe a thousand more while the ship is away? Do you think that everyone's car will be vandalized or stolen?

Questions about personal security and car security are often asked on this forum. Many folks who have little or no experience with the NY metro area are coming to sail on the Quantum, Liberty, and Anthem. They want hotel advice, airport advice, public transit advice, livery advice, sightseeing advice, driving directions, port transfer advice, and parking advice. Often they have unrealistic cost expectations. The folks who contribute to this forum try to provide the information requested and constructive suggestions instead of ridiculing the OP for asking the question.

Edited by 138east

Questions about personal security and car security are often asked on this forum. Many folks who have little or no experience with the NY metro area are coming to sail on the Quantum, Liberty, and Anthem. They want hotel advice, airport advice, public transit advice, livery advice, sightseeing advice, driving directions, port transfer advice, and parking advice. Often they have unrealistic cost expectations. The folks who contribute to this forum try to provide the information requested and constructive suggestions instead of ridiculing the OP for asking the question.

Very nicely stated Carol.

Costa Maya, Mexico: Police armed with machine guns at the port.

Jamaica: Went into the town area, armed guards at every Bodega.

Cape Liberty: quiet area, too far away from the population to have any worries about vandalism, and, as a previous poster mentioned, enough security presence at the port to deter any possible trouble.

Wherever you travel, use basic precautions, and you're safe 99.99999% of the time.

Questions about personal security and car security are often asked on this forum. Many folks who have little or no experience with the NY metro area are coming to sail on the Quantum, Liberty, and Anthem. They want hotel advice, airport advice, public transit advice, livery advice, sightseeing advice, driving directions, port transfer advice, and parking advice.

I'm sorry, but we're not talking about someone being concerned about walking from their hotel. It's someone questioning whether it is safe to park their car at the port, or anywhere in the NYC metropolitan area.

Carol, you do a great job answering questions that I often shake my head at when I see them. I rarely say anything because they're understandable for out-of-towners. Even if no one else wants to admit it here, I'm sure that more than one person had the same reaction as me when they read the post that I commented on.

Perhaps the poster could come back and explain what made them have this irrational fear of the entire NYC area. Maybe explain where they live that has no crime at all. I'll be nice and not respond negatively.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 1 month later...

I got a new 15% off from them. Sadly, it was not working when I tried it on their website and when I emailed customer 'service" they told me to call. I may try them for my August cruise.

* Take advantage of Premier Parking USA 15% Discount Off Any Reservation Booked From now to October 31, 2015 Using Promo Code TIMETRAVEL

• 1 month later...

So.. I'm still thinking of using these folks. I saw a recommendation for ParkWhiz on a FB board today, and now realize that they are the same as the Premier Parking location. However, ParkWhiz is cheaper.. I priced my 12 night cruise in January and PW is $144 while Premier is $166, and that's with a 15% off coupon! Sadly, ParkWhiz's prices seem to have gone up dramatically since earlier posts here. Does anyone have a coupon code? I just signed up for an account there, maybe they'll send me a discount code.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 1 month later...

So.. I finally parked at Premier Parking for my cruise last Sunday. I had found a way to get a $10 off coupon from Parkwhiz so I was able to pay just $59.93 for 7 nights, which is obviously less than half of what it costs to park at the pier. We got there around 11 and there were a dozen or so people waiting for the van. It appeared that most were with a large group. We weren't happy about having to wait on such a long line (which got much worse before we got on a van), and it seemed longer than it actually was (and we didn't get onto the first van to arrive), but we were on a van in 20 minutes. Similarly, when we got off the ship at around 8am there were people waiting for the van. We also didn't make it onto the first van but they had a Jeep with room for 4 people and we managed to get onto that along with two guys who had left the rest of their parties and luggage at the pier and were going to drive back to get them. Once again, about a 20 minute wait. It's really about the timing.. if we had gotten there earlier, we might have gotten right onto a van.

So.. would I use them again? Yes, since I live close enough to the pier that the 20 minute wait + shuttle time isn't a very big deal to me. Sadly, since their parking is outside, I will not chance using them for my January cruise, especially since the indoor garage at the pier should be open by then.

Edited by MisterBill99

We used them in June. We had such a WONDERFUL time on "X"'s"Summit", we're going again in a couple of weeks and we will use them again. Our experience with them was fine! A ten minute wait going to the ship and less then a 2 minute wait on our return, and with Parkwiz, the price is definitely a bargain adn even if you have a 20 minute wait, I think well worth it. As another poster stated, I'm not so sure I'd use them in the winter as I don't know who would clear out your car if there were a significant snowfall whilst on your cruise. IF you scroll around on this thread, you will find my easy posted instructions for finding this parking facility as it isn't the easiest place to find.

So.. I finally parked at Premier Parking for my cruise last Sunday. I had found a way to get a $10 off coupon from Parkwhiz so I was able to pay just $59.93 for 7 nights, which is obviously less than half of what it costs to park at the pier. We got there around 11 and there were a dozen or so people waiting for the van. It appeared that most were with a large group. We weren't happy about having to wait on such a long line (which got much worse before we got on a van), and it seemed longer than it actually was (and we didn't get onto the first van to arrive), but we were on a van in 20 minutes. Similarly, when we got off the ship at around 8am there were people waiting for the van. We also didn't make it onto the first van but they had a Jeep with room for 4 people and we managed to get onto that along with two guys who had left the rest of their parties and luggage at the pier and were going to drive back to get them. Once again, about a 20 minute wait. It's really about the timing.. if we had gotten there earlier, we might have gotten right onto a van.

So.. would I use them again? Yes, since I live close enough to the pier that the 20 minute wait + shuttle time isn't a very big deal to me. Sadly, since their parking is outside, I will not chance using them for my January cruise, especially since the indoor garage at the pier should be open by then.

How come I can't find the link for Park Whiz for the Cape Liberty Parking lot anymore. Can someone post the link. We parked there last winter and had no problem, they cleared the parking lot of snow. Now mind you they didn't clear the snow off my car but really wouldn't expect that anyway.

Had no problem getting shuttled to the ship or shuttled back to the car after the cruise. We plan on using them again in October.

Edited by Jimbo

How come I can't find the link for Park Whiz for the Cape Liberty Parking lot anymore. Can someone post the link. We parked there last winter and had no problem, they cleared the parking lot of snow. Now mind you they didn't clear the snow off my car but really wouldn't expect that anyway.

Had no problem getting shuttled to the ship or shuttled back to the car after the cruise. We plan on using them again in October.

This just worked for me:

Parkwhiz

Note the price is now $12.99 rather than the $9.99 that I paid.

As for snow removal, the SUNY campus at Purchase College has valet parking for Westchester County Airport. They use a spare parking lot on the school campus and they do clear your car for you when you return, since it is valet. Parkwhiz incorrectly lists the Premier lot in Bayonne as valet. Comparing them to the current situation at Port Liberty, you'd have to clean off snow in both places. Once the garage opens, the port will have a major advantage in winter months. I hope they don't raise the price of parking once it opens.

Edited by MisterBill99

This just worked for me:

Parkwhiz

Note the price is now $12.99 rather than the $9.99 that I paid.

As for snow removal, the SUNY campus at Purchase College has valet parking for Westchester County Airport. They use a spare parking lot on the school campus and they do clear your car for you when you return, since it is valet. Parkwhiz incorrectly lists the Premier lot in Bayonne as valet. Comparing them to the current situation at Port Liberty, you'd have to clean off snow in both places. Once the garage opens, the port will have a major advantage in winter months. I hope they don't raise the price of parking once it opens.

Thanks for the link.........Is the $10 coupon you used, for that Friends thing?

Thanks for the link.........Is the $10 coupon you used, for that Friends thing?

I think so, i found it on a site. Here's my link, hopefully not illegal to post here, although I think you said you had already used them. They had been posting coupon codes on their FB page but haven't recently. "ParkNow" should get you $5 off per a post there, not sure if it's for new customers only/

Parkwhiz

The Cape Liberty parking is $19/day. It is two miles out on a peninsula that has security because it is a port area. The only bad experience recently was the Hurricaine Sandy flooding. Vandalism has not been reported.

Twice when we came back to a recently passed snowstorm, snow was removed from our cars (to some extent) and the lot was completely shovelled. Which I think was a nice gesture.:)