Bayonne Premier Parking

Johnd6rose

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. I have bookmarked this post so I can refer others to you experience when the topic of Premier Parking comes up again ( and it will for sure).

I love the Explorer and I'm so glad you had a great cruise.

It was a wonderful vacation! Thanks! The Explorer is a wonderful ship.:D

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!! Don't do it. Just cruised on Explorer of the Seas. I so wish we had parked at the pier. First, when we found the place I was afraid to leave the car. It was in the middle of a trucking operation. Lots of moving around of trailers. Huge potholes in the lot. Then we stood in a line of people with all of the luggage that we all take on cruises (for 9 days) and waited, and waited.....probably about an hour and then one of two vans shows up. They crammed as much people and luggage in as possible. We didn't make the first one then the second one showed up. As he complained about the Bayonne set up to us we see him argue with the Bayonne attendant, he called them "sanitation worker rejects". Nice first experience for us in Bayonne. We get dropped off and the cruise was great. Then we get back nine days later, right on schedule. We did not opt for the express off which requires us to haul our luggage, all of it. When you read the fine print on the claim ticket it requests that you get off of the ship before 9am. Well, that is the express. Had we known that, we would have never ever parked in this lot. Well, had we known a lot of things we wouldn't have parked here. Anyway, we disembarked, trouble free and were in the terminal by 11:00. We stood and waited for a van until 2:15. No lie. One woman's husband walked to the lot to get his car. Of course the van driver blamed the captain of the ship for being late (which he wasn't), blamed the traffic (which there was plenty, but if there were more vans...), blamed Royal Caribbean for trying to keep us on the ship to make more money (which is ridiculous since there is nothing there to "make money" since the cruise is over)..... you get the idea. The guy was a total jerk. 2:15 if we had parked at the pier, we would have been pulling into our driveway in Dover Delaware. I will never ever ever use Premier again and do not recommend it to ANYONE. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Pay the additional $72 and get home at a reasonable hour and have nothing but the great cruise in your memory instead of the last 3 hours of your trip to be pure aggrivation.

Oh my goodness!! Thanks for the heads up...we'll park at the pier!

we used them in november. I will not use them again for our up coming cruise. first of all you park in the back of a storage facility in a broken lot. it does not look secure at all but we did not have time to make other arrangements. there is no booth like usually at these parking places. a girl has a fold out chair and thats it. I was really worried that our car would not be there when we came back. once we returned it took over 2 hours for the first shuttle to show up,(with over 50 people waiting) after multiple people called the company repeatedly. The port finally asked other vans to drop us off if they had space because it was taking way to long. I could have walked the 2 miles to my car faster than that.--

• 3 months later...

We self-parked our mini-van at the Bayonne pier ("Cape Liberty") in June, 2012, before boarding the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. Here are our tips:

TIP 1: Locate the pier BEFORE you need to go there. Our GPS had trouble, but we made a dry run the night before. :D [if you have cruised before, you will be under-whelmed with the size of this "terminal." It does wake up a little on cruise day, but it is still very small.]

TIP 2: Pull as close to the boat as you can (actually within a few feet of where you drop luggage). :) Drop luggage and all passengers except driver, and self-park where directed in lot. Short walk (1/4 mile) back to loading area.

TIP 3: DO NOT LET YOUR VEHICLE GET BOXED IN. :eek: On our return, we discovered that we had been virtually locked into our spot, with self-parked vehicles all around us. :confused: We finally inched -- and I do mean inched -- our way back and forth (including putting a blanket between our van and a car to back against it). It took 1 driver and three spotters over 30 minutes to perform this feat.

CONSIDER BACKING INTO YOUR SPOT, so you can exit forwards, and do everything you can to save yourself room around your vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
We self-parked our mini-van at the Bayonne pier ("Cape Liberty") in June, 2012, before boarding the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. Here are our tips:]

Nice post, but this thread is talking about Premier Parking near the port, *not* the actual port parking.

• 9 months later...
Nice post, but this thread is talking about Premier Parking near the port, *not* the actual port parking.

I appreciate your post tremendously because I believed from reading the Premier ad that you had to be shuttled even if you parked at the pier. You suggestions and advice has made up my mind to park at the pier. Backing in, of course!!!:D;)

If you're reading this thread, please note that it is from 2013 and take that into account.

Because of the Quantum's arrival at Cape Liberty this fall, things will be changing dramatically at Cape Liberty this year. If you want current information, please start a new thread.

• 1 month later...

A number of people have posted negative comments about Premier Parking in Bayonne near the Cruise Terminal. I returned from a cruise earlier today and used this facility. My experience differs greatly from some of the views which have been expressed here. I made arrangements over the internet to park there on July 3rd. While the signs could have been better, I found the lot fairly easily with my GPS. Once there their employees were friendly and helpful, and directed me to a space. I backed in and took my keys. A van was there within 5 minutes. My wife and I have bad backs, but the driver loaded our bags into the van for us, and the trip to the terminal was uneventful. Coming back from the terminal I called them after we cleared customs and was told to wait in bay 109. The van arrived in a few minutes, but in another bay. The problem was caused not by Premier Parking, but by the general chaos that exists at the terminal, compounded by an idiot employee of the terminal on his first day of work, who didn't know what he was doing. Eventually I learned where the van was and, again, the driver was courteous and loaded our bags for us. The drive back to the lot took only a few minutes, and we left immediately upon our arrival. They really weren't bad and I would park there again with no qualms.

I'm glad you had a good experience. Thank you for reporting back. Unfortunately, other folks have not had a good experience. There are also insurance and liability concerns about this operation.

Edited by 138east

Thank you for your post, Carol. I am a retired lawyer, but I don't make it a habit to ask the driver of a vehicle in which I ride how much insurance he is carrying. Consequently I have no idea what their insurance limits are. Of more interest is the fact that after I posted my review I received a survey from Premier Parking, to which I responded. At the end of the survey they offered me $5 to post a favorable review on a website. I referred them to my review on this site, but I specifically requested that they send me no compensation. I have a problem with requests of that nature.

That's really interesting. I also have a problem with them paying for a review.

Hopefully Greatam will see this post and have a chance to comment again.

Personally I would not park there. I lived in Jersey City for 5 years and experienced two car thefts and some vandalism. From what folks have reported, this is not a regularly licensed parking facility with 24 hour security. I am very picky about where I choose to ditch my car in the whole Bayonne, Newark, Jersey City area while I go off on a cruise.

Thank you for your post, Carol. I am a retired lawyer, but I don't make it a habit to ask the driver of a vehicle in which I ride how much insurance he is carrying. Consequently I have no idea what their insurance limits are. Of more interest is the fact that after I posted my review I received a survey from Premier Parking, to which I responded. At the end of the survey they offered me $5 to post a favorable review on a website. I referred them to my review on this site, but I specifically requested that they send me no compensation. I have a problem with requests of that nature.

WOW!!! Just another reason to NOT use Premier Parking.

If they are now PAYING people to post favorable reviews, they must had had a lot of bad reviews. And with so many "review" websites posting reviews made up by owners, employees, friends, how can you believe what you read anymore? You can't-you need to go to places like CC or Lonely Planet to get the TRUE scoop on what is going on. Even Trip Advisor has recently had a rash of complimentary reviews posted about a couple of hotels (a really crappy hotel in Saigon is what caught my eye). When a little investigation was done, the night front desk clerk and his friends were the ones posting the reviews and answering questions.

As a retired attorney, I would think you would be very cognizant of LEGAL transportation and all the ramifications of using ILLEGAL transportation.

Premier Parking (and all of its many sundry names) is nothing more than a booking agency taking reservations. They OWN nothing. Nor do they have ANY liability for ANYTHING. Clearly posted in the T & C's in all of their MANY websites. They contract with someone who in turn contracts with someone else to provide the parking space. Does the parking space provider even own the property or is it leased from someone else? Most of the space around the port is owned by a couple of large companies and is leased to the warehouses who are providing the parking space. Another question that needs to be answered-does the actual owner even KNOW their tenant is renting space out for parking to a third party?

And as far as anyone has ever found out (and I have looked and looked and I am a non practicing transportation attorney that runs a logistics company with an office in the Bronx), the shuttle van service is ILLEGAL. They rent the vans on a daily basis from local rental offices. The only insurance on those vans is the "standard" rental company insurance which carries minimal liability coverage. There is NO DOT authority to transport passengers. And one of the guys who was participating in the Premier Parking scam (it truly is a scam because it is not operating as a legal, passenger transport company) had authority denied in NYC and had his buses confiscated in NYC when he just continued to run his buses without authority or proper insurance. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cease-and-desist-letter-dot-joel-azumah-vows-motor-private-buses-article-1.185418

To transport passengers LEGALLY, you need a DOT/MC number AND FIVE MILLION dollars of liability insurance that MUST be on file with DOT.

Here are the rules and exemptions direct off the FMCSA website:

"Examples of for-hire transportation of passengers include intercity bus service, charter bus service, canoe rental company bus service, and hotel bus service.

Business PMCPs

Business PMCPs provide private transportation of passengers in the furtherance of a commercial purpose.

Examples of business PMCPs include:

Companies that use buses to transport their own employees, or professional musicians who own or lease buses and employ drivers for concert tour related transportation.

A company or entity that provides passenger transportation services to a separate purchasing party is not a business PMCP.

A touring entertainer who procures the transportation services of a for-hire passenger carrier is not a business PMCP.

Non-business PMCPs

Non-business PMCPs provide private transportation of passengers that is not in the furtherance of a commercial purpose.

Examples of non-business PMCPs include churches, private schools, scout groups, and other organizations that may purchase or lease buses for the private transportation of their respective groups."

PLEASE NOTE: Take particular note of #2 in the Business PMCP section. Parking lot buses/vans that provide passenger transportation service to the GENERAL PUBLIC are NOT BUSINESS PMCP's, although this is how Premier Parking is trying to skirt the rules.

Just be aware that IF there is an accident or your car is vandalized, stolen or damaged, you will most likely be entirely on your own. Your own health insurance will pay for any physical injuries and your own car insurance will have to pay to fix your car. Is all that hassle really worth saving $35-50? Unless you are a minimum wage worker, you time is more valuable than the savings when you have to fill out paperwork in the event you are injured or have your car damaged.

I've said my peace. Park where you want.

Edited by greatam

• 2 months later...

We used this service when we travelled to Canada on our last cruise

and we did not have any problems. Pulled into the lot, they verified

we had a reservation and and next thing you know we had the bags taken

out of the van and placed on the dollies to be delivered to our room.

When we came back, walked with our bags over to gate # 109 and there was

a van waiting. It does not get any easier than that. They will be used on

our next cruise.

Vince

• 4 months later...
Any other recent cruisers use this company lately for parking?

Thanks

Jimbo:)

I've used them numerous times. Used them in August 2014. I have never had any problems with them at all. I know others have, but that was when they first started their business.

I will be using them again in Sept. I have several friends that use them too, without problems.

Gwen ;)

Thanks Gwen

Could you describe the parking lot, secure gated, , did you feel safe leaving your car there.

Is this where the entrance is to the parking lot. Says they are located at 59 New Hook Rd.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=69+New+Hook+Road,+Bayonne,+NJ&hl=en&ll=40.662286,-74.103671&spn=0.001396,0.002851&sll=40.07304,-74.724323&sspn=5.733161,11.678467&oq=69+new+hook&t=h&mra=ls&z=19

Is it just about right across from Lowes, the new shopping center down there. Are there any signs showing where the parking lot is? is the Premier name on it, also heard it called Parkwhiz

How long after arriving did it take to get to the port, also when coming home what was the procedure like in terms of how long you waited to get picked up and taken back to your car?

Thanks

Thanks Gwen

Could you describe the parking lot, secure gated, , did you feel safe leaving your car there.

Is this where the entrance is to the parking lot. Says they are located at 59 New Hook Rd.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=69+New+Hook+Road,+Bayonne,+NJ&hl=en&ll=40.662286,-74.103671&spn=0.001396,0.002851&sll=40.07304,-74.724323&sspn=5.733161,11.678467&oq=69+new+hook&t=h&mra=ls&z=19

Is it just about right across from Lowes, the new shopping center down there. Are there any signs showing where the parking lot is? is the Premier name on it, also heard it called Parkwhiz

How long after arriving did it take to get to the port, also when coming home what was the procedure like in terms of how long you waited to get picked up and taken back to your car?

Thanks

The address is 69 New Hook Rd. There are signs out along the main road where to turn in. I think it says cruise port parking or something like that. It was just a removable sign. Nothing permanent. You drive through and around a building. May be a little confusing at first.

I have always felt safe parking there. There are trailers parked around the outside. It does have a fence around the area. Probably because of the tractor trailer (trailers) parked there. We have old cars, so really didn't worry about parking there. Some people are really fussy about their cars and might not feel comfortable parking there. Our friends have a Lincoln and Cadillac and they park there. I can only speak for myself and my friends.

If you have any doubts, then maybe it would be better to park at the port. I just remember getting on the Explorer right after Hurricane Sandy......most of the cars at the port had been under water. Lots of tow trucks and ruined cars. That would not happen at Premier. Premier is about 15-20 min from the port.

When you get off the ship you will wait for the shuttle from Premier. First come, first serve. Same situation getting the shuttle to the port. We never had to wait a really long time for the shuttle either way. We always get to the lot around 9:30-10:00am. And we are D+, so are one of the first off the ship after the cruise. They will tell you where you should wait for the shuttle after getting off the ship. Not sure how it works with the new terminal. I guess we will find out in Sept.

There is nothing wrong with parking at the port. I would just sooner pay $12 a day than $19. More money for extras on the ship. Having parked at Premier numerous times, I have gotten some free parking days from them. Nice incentive.

Hope this helped.

Gwen :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dropping the car off and getting shuttled to the ship worked fine on the 13th. We get back tomorrow the 21st. Lets hope the pickup goes as smooth and their parking lot is plowed.

Will let everyone know how it went when we get home tomorrow morning.

Anyone know how much snow Bayonne got today?

Okay, got home around 9am.

Parking worked out great! Waiting less then 5 minutes to get shuttle back to our car.

Cost was only $55.92 for 8 days. $6.99.

Here is the web site, even though it says Park Wiz, it's the same parking lot that Premier Parking uses.

When I pulled up with the Park Wiz confirmation, the guy didn't even question about the name of Parkwiz...............just took it with no questions asked.

Sure beats paying the $20.00 per day that the cruiseport charges.

I will use them again for sure.

Also the parking lot was plowed and we got out fine.

Thanks for your help Gwen.

Use this website when reserving parking for your next cruise as my thanks for helping me out. I didn't want to mention it before without trying it myself first to make sure it was okay.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/map/?start_date=3%2F21%2F2015&start_time=11%3A30am&end_date=3%2F29%2F2015&end_time=11%3A30am&location_id=

Okay, got home around 9am.

Parking worked out great! Waiting less then 5 minutes to get shuttle back to our car.

Cost was only $55.92 for 8 days. $6.99.

Here is the web site, even though it says Park Wiz, it's the same parking lot that Premier Parking uses.

When I pulled up with the Park Wiz confirmation, the guy didn't even question about the name of Parkwiz...............just took it with no questions asked.

Sure beats paying the $20.00 per day that the cruiseport charges.

I will use them again for sure.

Also the parking lot was plowed and we got out fine.

Thanks for your help Gwen.

Use this website when reserving parking for your next cruise as my thanks for helping me out. I didn't want to mention it before without trying it myself first to make sure it was okay.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/map/?start_date=3%2F21%2F2015&start_time=11%3A30am&end_date=3%2F29%2F2015&end_time=11%3A30am&location_id=

Great helpful info. We'll give them a try in May!