Bayonne Premier Parking

Johnd6rose

Friends just recently used it this. They said they had no issues finding or parking, waited about 10 minutes to be taken to the ship and about 15-20 on their return. They said they'd use it in the future, too.

Edited by marco

• 4 weeks later...

So I got a survey from ParkWhiz about my parking experience and I pointed out that it was not valet and was a dump, with numerous potholes and that it wasn't clear how secure it is. I got a response back from ParkWhiz (below). I'm not sure if they'll be able to force any changes but maybe the listing won't claim that it's valet anymore (although it still does)

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with some valuable feedback, as well as for bringing this to our attention as it's not a problem we see often! We take all customer issues extremely seriously, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Because of your comments, we're working with the management at 69 New Hook Rd. to ensure that their onsite accommodations meet the ParkWhiz standard.

They also sent me a $10 coupon for my next parking reservation.

The price is back down to $9.99 a day. I don't think I'll use them in January but I'd consider them for next August.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 1 month later...

Parkwhiz just sent out a code for free parking -- limit 3000 uses. The code is "GRAVY" (no quotes). Amazingly, I just used it to book completely free parking for my Anthem cruise next August! Even for free I decided that I'd rather park at the garage at the port for my January cruise.

Here is the direct link to the Bayonne lot. I'm sure the coupon will not last long. I hope they don't cancel the reservations.

https://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/map/

Edited by MisterBill99

I too received an email from Premier parking after using their facility in August.

I was bribed, err offered a financial benefit for a positive review.

I emailed back stating I had already posted a review (link is in this thread).

Either they do not read cruise critic or they did not like what I wrote! : )

So I got a survey from ParkWhiz about my parking experience and I pointed out that it was not valet and was a dump, with numerous potholes and that it wasn't clear how secure it is. I got a response back from ParkWhiz (below). I'm not sure if they'll be able to force any changes but maybe the listing won't claim that it's valet anymore (although it still does)

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with some valuable feedback, as well as for bringing this to our attention as it's not a problem we see often! We take all customer issues extremely seriously, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Because of your comments, we're working with the management at 69 New Hook Rd. to ensure that their onsite accommodations meet the ParkWhiz standard.

They also sent me a $10 coupon for my next parking reservation.

I too received an email from Premier parking after using their facility in August.

I was bribed, err offered a financial benefit for a positive review.

Did you book with Premier directly, or Parkwhiz? My coupon came from Parkwhiz, since I booked with them. And it was actually as a result of my sending them feedback, which was not entirely positive. In your case, did Premier actually offer to send you a coupon if you posted a positive review or just for posting a review? There are actually more reviews on the Parkwhiz site than on Premier. I don't see mine posted, however.

Here is what I got from Parkwhiz (part of the previous email I quoted, but I didn't think I needed to post it here):

The last thing we want to do is provide a frustrating parking experience. I understand that you may be hesitant to use ParkWhiz again, but I’d like to extend an offer as something of an apology. Should you decide to use ParkWhiz again, please use code: xxx at checkout for up to $10 of free ParkWhiz parking!

Edited by MisterBill99

• 4 weeks later...
Did you book with Premier directly, or Parkwhiz? My coupon came from Parkwhiz, since I booked with them. And it was actually as a result of my sending them feedback, which was not entirely positive. In your case, did Premier actually offer to send you a coupon if you posted a positive review or just for posting a review? There are actually more reviews on the Parkwhiz site than on Premier. I don't see mine posted, however.

Here is what I got from Parkwhiz (part of the previous email I quoted, but I didn't think I needed to post it here):

The last thing we want to do is provide a frustrating parking experience. I understand that you may be hesitant to use ParkWhiz again, but I’d like to extend an offer as something of an apology. Should you decide to use ParkWhiz again, please use code: xxx at checkout for up to $10 of free ParkWhiz parking!

My dealings were with Premier Parking. I was offered a financial gain for a positive review.

Reading that they were unaware of the pot holes in the parking lot just further reinforces for me how shady they are...the pot holes cannot be missed and for them to be unaware of the conditions until your bringing it to their attention is not logical.

If they had said no return service would be provided until a specific time, I would have accepted that, but they did not, they claimed service would be available as soon as their clients departed the ship. If they had answered their phones and stated there was a problem, I would have accepted that too but they did not, they claimed the vans were on the way...which they were not as they did not show up until 45-60 minutes or later ( I forget now) after the first call was placed indicating passengers were waiting for their return shuttle and they refused to answer phone calls completely be in their toll free number or their local number.

The email your received stating" the last thing they want to do is provide a frustrating experience" is just one more lie. The day of the return shuttle service to their parking facility was nothing but lie after lie from Premier. I have nothing positive to say and will not use their"lot" ever again.

The email your received stating" the last thing they want to do is provide a frustrating experience" is just one more lie. The day of the return shuttle service to their parking facility was nothing but lie after lie from Premier. I have nothing positive to say and will not use their"lot" ever again.

You make it seem like the people at Parkwhiz (who I dealt with) have visited the lot and do so on a regular basis. They've obviously made a deal with Premier to resell their parking.

In any event, I had a reasonable experience in August and will be using them again next August.

You make it seem like the people at Parkwhiz (who I dealt with) have visited the lot and do so on a regular basis. They've obviously made a deal with Premier to resell their parking.

In any event, I had a reasonable experience in August and will be using them again next August.

I stated my experience was with Premier.

I am glad you had a reasonable experience with Premier's lot, I WISH I had!

I see you are using their lot next August but not for your cruise this January, that in itself says enough.

I stated my experience was with Premier.

I am glad you had a reasonable experience with Premier's lot, I WISH I had!

I see you are using their lot next August but not for your cruise this January, that in itself says enough.

It says that I don't want to take a chance coming back finding my car covered with snow in the lot and that the pier now having a garage changes the equation. Also I don't feel like standing around in the cold waiting for a shuttle (although so far it hasn't been very cold). In fact, if the garage didn't exist, I might even be staying at a hotel at EWR on a Park, Sleep and Sail package, since it's cheaper than the pier garage for a 12 night cruise.

Edited by MisterBill99

Hmmm: got me to thinkin'....if you're sailing out of Manhattan and parking at the pier in the winter, you're paying $40 a day and if it snowed your still shoveling out your car! Mon Dieu!!!!!

And you can park a few blocks away for less in a garage. Need to decide which is more important. I must admit I hadn't realized that the NYC pier parking was outdoors, but apparently it is (on the roof).

• 1 month later...
Not seeing these comments, we paid in advance for parking for the Cape liberty Anthem, February 6, 2016 but they now do not answer their phones. Anyone use them recently?

Wish I could give you some current feedback, but I can't. However, please post back and share your experience. Folks have been parking here mostly without issues, but when things go wrong, they really seem to go wrong. This is just one of the reasons we don't recommend this parking option.

Right now the area is in the midst of a blizzard. The folks currently on the Anthem are returning a day late on Tuesday, which delays the next cruise by a day.

It might help to post the phone number you are calling in case others have another suggestion.

Edited by 138east

It might help to post the phone number you are calling in case others have another suggestion.

Yes, especially since the only number I see is an 877 number that I'm sure is Premier Parking's main customer service number. I don't even see local number for the lot on the Parkwhiz site. Even if someone had a local number for the lot, I would not expect anyone to answer it at any time other than cruise days.

The latest reviews on the Parkwhiz site are positive.

https://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/69-new-hook-rd/

I did not park there for our January 3-15 cruise because I was concerned about what folks coming back from this current cruise are going to find -- my car covered by over a foot of snow.

Edited by MisterBill99

Disturbing news folks. Someone posted on the Florida board the Premier Parking went bankrupt in Miami.

Do a google search on "Premier Parking bankrupt 2016" and there are comments as well about their operation in Tampa being closed as well.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/77415168-story

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48857523

http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-parking-usa-tampa-airport-tampa

Disturbing news folks. Someone posted on the Florida board the Premier Parking went bankrupt in Miami.
Interesting.. but the strange thing is that everyone has always said that the Bayonne lot was not actually run by Premier, but booked by them and owned by someone else. So if the main booking service is closed, will they remain operational?

And what does it mean for people who booked the same lot thru Parkwhiz?

I guess we'll know more on Tuesday when people go to get their cars and park for the new cruise.

Edited by MisterBill99

Quite frankly the whole operation has had "shady" written all over it since it opened. Park Whiz could just be Premier Parking under another name.

Too bad Gina(greatam) has not been posting recently. I wish she would weigh in on this.

Not seeing these comments, we paid in advance for parking for the Cape liberty Anthem, February 6, 2016 but they now do not answer their phones. Anyone use them recently?

Not surprised in any way that Premier does not answer their phones. Reading further posts, I see they went bankrupt. My experience with them was not a positive one. I wish you had read my post warning what a inefficient (being polite) business they ran.

Others recommended them but I would not and not even for the $5 or $10 coupon they offered for a positive review.

Used the garage at Cape Liberty for my January 3 cruise, didn't like the price I paid but I was confident knowing my car was secure. By the way, there was no snow on January 15th when we returned. :D

Yes, especially since the only number I see is an 877 number that I'm sure is Premier Parking's main customer service number. I don't even see local number for the lot on the Parkwhiz site. Even if someone had a local number for the lot, I would not expect anyone to answer it at any time other than cruise days.

The latest reviews on the Parkwhiz site are positive.

https://www.parkwhiz.com/p/bayonne-parking/69-new-hook-rd/

I did not park there for our January 3-15 cruise because I was concerned about what folks coming back from this current cruise are going to find -- my car covered by over a foot of snow.

WOW...I wonder who it was that posted such positive reviews on their own site.:rolleyes:

You may not be able to use a $5 coupon at the new garage but on the positive side...there wont be any snow in August!

Deal with a shady operation and this is what happens.

A company that charges below-market prices for goods or services is going to fold when their creditors catch up with them.

It's expensive to do business legitimately in the NY/NJ area. If you're charging too little you're either a lousy businessperson or a crook.

Everyone feel free to continue to do business with unlicensed, uninsured, and likely illegally-operating businesses like this one, Uber and Airbnb so you can save $5. It's your call...just don't come back crying later.

Quite frankly the whole operation has had "shady" written all over it since it opened. Park Whiz could just be Premier Parking under another name.

Too bad Gina(greatam) has not been posting recently. I wish she would weigh in on this.

Carol:

There's very sad news about Gina posted on the Cruise Air board. Apparently she passed away in June. Through detailed Google searches I was able to find what I'm sure is her obituary, so unfortunately the report appears to be accurate.

Here's a link to the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303940

Edited by njhorseman

Carol:

There's very sad news about Gina posted on the Cruise Air board. Apparently she passed away in June. Through detailed Google searches I was able to find what I'm sure is her obituary, so unfortunately the report appears to be accurate.

Here's a link to the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303940

That's awful! I'm so sad to hear that. I was able to find what looks like her obituary as well. She will be missed.

Deal with a shady operation and this is what happens.

A company that charges below-market prices for goods or services is going to fold when their creditors catch up with them.

It's expensive to do business legitimately in the NY/NJ area. If you're charging too little you're either a lousy businessperson or a crook.

Everyone feel free to continue to do business with unlicensed, uninsured, and likely illegally-operating businesses like this one, Uber and Airbnb so you can save $5. It's your call...just don't come back crying later.

So are you saying that all of the parking lots that offer discounted pricing at airports around the country are shady? I understand you did not like this company (some sort of competitors?) but claiming that $12 a night is below-market pricing for long term parking in Bayonne is ridiculous. If anything, it's reasonably priced and the $20 that the pier charges is overpriced.

Next maybe you'd like to tell me that the $10/night (before coupons) that I pay to park at the Purchase College parking lot 5 minutes from Westchester County Airport is shady, and that I should pay the airport's ridiculous $30/night price.

And I'm sure you'll get lots of people to agree with you on Uber and Airbnb not being worthy of using (not).

Edited by MisterBill99

WOW...I wonder who it was that posted such positive reviews on their own site.:rolleyes:

I know this is impossible for you and njhorseman to believe, but maybe it's actually satisfied customers. If they wanted to post phony reviews, would they be so careful to post them around the date that the last cruse got back (1/15)?

You may not be able to use a $5 coupon at the new garage but on the positive side...there wont be any snow in August!

So will the pier garage lower their price from $20 because you don't have to worry about snow? I doubt it.

Edited by MisterBill99