2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

Hi all,

I just joined Cruise Critic! Glad to have found y'all! ;) My fiance and I are getting married (right before the cruise to save MAJOR bucks), and we'll then renew the vows on board the ship. We really wanted to get married on the ship/in port, as we fell in love on the Carnival Extasy last year at the same time, but it's just ridiculous how much it costs! :eek:

Having said all that... can any of y'all recommend a location on board the Carnival Magic to have our vow renewal ceremony? We will be having the ceremony on July 3rd, if possible/available for booking.

Thanks everyone!

CruisinTexas:p

Hi all! I'm also a 2013 bride and am getting married in August 2013. We won't be getting married on a ship but are looking for cruising for our honeymoon (since we've cruised a bunch). Congrats to all my fellow 2013 brides!

We are getting married April 6 2013. On the Dream Carnival ship!. I like how there were a few wedding package to choose from. We didn't mean to plan it so early but now I realize that it was a good thing. We choosed our honeymoon cruise and can pay in payments.! Love it!!

I saw someone post their wedding pictures and they were great!

As of this September we will be empty nesters, with our youngest off to a college prep. school and hope to celebrate our 23rd anniversary with a Vow Renewal on the May 4, 2013 voyage of Carnival Liberty. As our anniversary of 05/05 and that is a one of the two sea days, I am really hoping that we can have our renewal on that day!

Just starting my planning :)

Looking at RCCL Splendour of the Seas, with July 22nd, 2013, on Santorini, Greece for the wedding day and location.

I scoured the websites for what seemed like forever before finding ONE cruise that all all three destinations we wanted (Athens and Olympia for him, Santorini for me) during the right time frame (I work in schools and don't want to take extra time off) and for a reasonable price. I also love their registry!

I'm excited to have found this board, and to hear about everyone's weddings!

Let the planning begin! :D

Hi all. My husband and I plan to renew our vows on our 25th wedding anniversary, September 23, 2013. It will most likely just be the two of us or possibly a few couples we are very close to. We haven't decided on the ship for certain but we are leaning toward the Carnival Dream sailing out of Port Canaveral and traveling to Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten.

Congrats to all of you new brides and the other vow renewal I saw posted on this thread. :)

Linda

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are looking into getting married on the ship during an Alaskan cruise in May 2013. I am just now researching and don't even know where to start! Nothing is booked yet since we just decided this is what we want to do. We just want something simple, just the two of us. And then we want to have a reception/party the weekend after we get back with our friends and family. Has anyone done this before? Where do I begin? Should I contact a travel agent? I need all the help I can get! Thanks.

My fiance and I have decided on a wedding cruise as well! We will be sailing on the Carnival Breeze May 2013 and having a beach ceremony in Key West. I am still deciding on a wedding planner package to go with in Key West. Also, we will have a party back home for everyone that can't make the cruise.

We will be renewing our vows on the Carnival Splendor leaving out of NY. Hopefully we can do it on the day at sea which is July 26, 2013. That would be great because it would be our 5th anniversary!! I am going to be making the call today.... Crossing my fingers!!

Congrats to all the 2013 Brides :o

We will be renewing our vows on the Carnival Splendor leaving out of NY. Hopefully we can do it on the day at sea which is July 26, 2013. That would be great because it would be our 5th anniversary!! I am going to be making the call today.... Crossing my fingers!!

Congrats to all the 2013 Brides :o

Congrats! Good luck on getting your anniversary date! Let us know how the call goes.

Okay so I called and they said that I can't pick the exact date until we are onboard and that it has to be on a sea day..... Luckily for me our anniversary is on a sea day :o. The downside is its a 8 day cruise and there are 4 sea days :(...... They also don't do it on cruise elegant evenings.

We are going to do it..... It's on a sea day and hopefully we will get our desired date!!

Luckily for me our anniversary is on a sea day :o. The downside is its a 8 day cruise and there are 4 sea days :(.....!!

We are running into the same thing with our 7 day (3 sea days) on the Pride. When we did our ship tour before we changed to a VR, we spoke to the coordinator who said that if we went that route, they would do the ceremony on the first available sea day.

We've booked our April 13, 2013 wedding cruise. We're getting married on embarkation day. We have 16 cabins in our group so far but we're looking at adding more as the wedding gets closer.

So excited for this thread! A couple weeks ago I booked our 2013 cruise wedding for Carnival Liberty on April 20, 2013!! So excited!! We did our engagement photos and ordered our Save-the-Dates today :) Wedding site is also underway so that our guests all have enough time to save as well. The thing I was most excited about it with early booking our guests (and us) just had to put down $250/person and pay it off by Feb,2013 -a great way for them to pay off little by little. Our balcony room and welcome aboard package is already paid though :) I also sent in pictures to the Wedding Experience Dept of the bouquet I want (stargazers) to get priced out :)

I knew this would happen..I get waaay to excited when I do things too much in advanced lol!!

So excited for this thread! A couple weeks ago I booked our 2013 cruise wedding for Carnival Liberty on April 20, 2013!! So excited!! We did our engagement photos and ordered our Save-the-Dates today :) Wedding site is also underway so that our guests all have enough time to save as well. The thing I was most excited about it with early booking our guests (and us) just had to put down $250/person and pay it off by Feb,2013 -a great way for them to pay off little by little. Our balcony room and welcome aboard package is already paid though :) I also sent in pictures to the Wedding Experience Dept of the bouquet I want (stargazers) to get priced out :)

I knew this would happen..I get waaay to excited when I do things too much in advanced lol!!

I know what you mean. Booked our wedding last month for April 06 2013. I am so excited! I even put on my phone a widget count down to my wedding day!! 332 days left LOL!!

Hi all,

I just joined Cruise Critic! Glad to have found y'all! ;) My fiance and I are getting married (right before the cruise to save MAJOR bucks), and we'll then renew the vows on board the ship. We really wanted to get married on the ship/in port, as we fell in love on the Carnival Extasy last year at the same time, but it's just ridiculous how much it costs! :eek:

Having said all that... can any of y'all recommend a location on board the Carnival Magic to have our vow renewal ceremony? We will be having the ceremony on July 3rd, if possible/available for booking.

Thanks everyone!

CruisinTexas:p

I want more details on the renew versus wedding. I was looking at this. We just got off the Magic in April. And in fun times it said they did vow renewals in candy shop. Idk if that was for planned renewals or just hey let's renew kind of unplanned ??? Magic is beautiful. And we are looking at 2/3/13 sailing for our wedding

Hey everyone! Also a 2013 bride! Booked on Allure of the seas and getting married in st thomas march 6 and not going through royal caribbean - going through island bliss weddings is soooo much cheaper!!

Happy planning to you all :)

Cupcake, I requested you (I am not really sure how all of these works) but seeing we have the same venue, we should totally bounce ideas off each other. Are you going through Royal Ocean Events and so far I kind of do not like them....let me know :)!!

I want more details on the renew versus wedding. I was looking at this. We just got off the Magic in April. And in fun times it said they did vow renewals in candy shop. Idk if that was for planned renewals or just hey let's renew kind of unplanned ??? Magic is beautiful. And we are looking at 2/3/13 sailing for our wedding

I don't know about the Magic specifically, but you can either plan it in advance or you can do it once you get on the ship. Some couples elect to use a VR vs. a wedding because it better fits their needs or it better fits their budget (the VR is the equivalent to the Welcome Aboard wedding package, without the legal ceremony and a much reduced cost). On CCL there is no "marriage time requirement", but you have to have the same last name or your wedding certificate for them to do it.

We are having our wedding at sea and using a VR to do it--we'll have a courthouse wedding a few weeks beforehand, in order to have the certificate. Our families are aware of this arrangement in advance, so not to think that our "ship wedding" is our legal ceremony. We paid for our ceremony, reception and pianist in September--so we won't have to do anything further until we get on the ship in January.

We are officially booked to renew our vows September 2013 on the Carnival Dream. We're very excited. We splurged for a suite as well.

Has anyone else renewed their vows or had their wedding on the Dream?

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies,

Happy that I found this forum with everyone who is getting married in 2013. We are going for a B2B wedding and honeymoon cruise in November 2013 on The Carnival Magic. We are from Victoria BC so it is quite a trip for us but we are really excited to be getting married on a cruise and sharing the experience with our family and friends. I have already learned so much since coming back to cruise critic (had to take a break after our last cruise because I knew it would be a while before we could cruise again and it was painful to read about it) and I especially love hearing about everyones wedding experiences and learning from the good times and the bad.

Just wanted to say hi and good luck ladies!!!

Archived