2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

Hi everyone!

Thanks for starting this forum! My fiance and I will be married on the Carnival Magic on January 6, 2013. As of today we are 199 days away (officially under 200) WOO HOO!!! We booked 15 months in advance and I thought it was a LOOONG way off, but it's sneaking up on me!

For anyone else on the Magic, another member (BridetoBe52012) posted a review with links to her photos. Her pictures look great! She has a lot of good tips as well.

Congrats all and good luck to us in planning!

Megan

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance and I will be getting married on the Carnival Magic on March 3, 2013! We are doing the deluxe package and I got my email from the coordinator Tuesday! I still have SOO much to do, but we are so excited!! :D

My fiance and I will be getting married on the Carnival Magic on March 3, 2013! We are doing the deluxe package and I got my email from the coordinator Tuesday! I still have SOO much to do, but we are so excited!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm getting married on the same day on the Carnival Glory ;-)

Cupcake, I requested you (I am not really sure how all of these works) but seeing we have the same venue, we should totally bounce ideas off each other. Are you going through Royal Ocean Events and so far I kind of do not like them....let me know :)!!

Hey I am just seeing this! I have to go through "A Wedding for You" since I am getting married on the ship embarkation day. So far they have been ok, but the wedding is so far away there isn't much I can do. I do want to take a tour of the ship but I am not sure how to go about that. Do you have out of town guests coming? I am trying to figure out what to do about hotel blocking. I am not sure what kind of deals NYC hotels gives for group blocking.

I am a june 2013 bride...just curious on what other 2013 brides have done so far.

I have my dress. Told my bridal party who would be in it. and ordered my flowers.

I got my dress yesterday. We have our DIY invites purchased. Still going back and forth on colors... We did choose the DJ. We are doing embarkation on the Magic on 2/3/13

I do want to take a tour of the ship but I am not sure how to go about that.

Cupcake- As you get closer to your date, email your Carnival Weddings coordinator about the inspection tour and they will set it up for you. We were allowed four people in total and the CCL staff was super nice.

In other news, Momma Carnival got our cake topper and most of our flowers done this weekend and we're mailing our boarding pass invitations tomorrow! Only 190 days to go!

Hi ladies. My daughter is doing the renewal of wow package on the NCL Breakaway leaving NY on June 2nd. Since you cannot legally get married on a sea day, that's what they will do. They will do the official ceremony in DC and we will use the cruise ceremony for the family and friends celebration. She will upgrade the package to a wedding ceremony as much she can, but legally they will be married already. Looking forward to read y'alls stories. Catherine

Cupcake- As you get closer to your date, email your Carnival Weddings coordinator about the inspection tour and they will set it up for you. We were allowed four people in total and the CCL staff was super nice.

In other news, Momma Carnival got our cake topper and most of our flowers done this weekend and we're mailing our boarding pass invitations tomorrow! Only 190 days to go!

Thank you!!

Hi Fellow Brides!

My fiance and I are going to wed on the Allure of the Seas on August 6th 2013! We are hoping that by then RCl will be able to do legal marriages at sea like Princess and Celebrity. If not then we are going with a Symbolic wedding and will just get married here by a JP first (although I am hoping juts to tie the knot once lol). I'd love to hear about anyone else that is getting married onboard the Allure of Sea's too! Congrats to all the brides!

Cheers!

Melissa :o

I am having my Wedding invitations created and decided on the RSVP card I will need phone numbers on any who will attend. Since I will need the license number or passport number and date of bith of any who will attend the wedding. I was thinking of calling the guest to get this info. Has anyone come up with a better idea?

Getting excited even tho' I have 8 mos to go!:D

Hi everyone! Just found this forum and pretty excited as we just got engaged! Woohoooo! Haven't booked yet but are planning on Oct 2013 on The Dream and hoping to book this week - it just seems so far away though. We both have children from previous marriages and will need 2 cabins - wow, hoping it is cost effective but they have never cruised and it's been a long time since my fiance and I have ever cruised. We plan on surprising the kids with the cruise....I know they will be ecstatic! Can't wait!

Hi Ladies!

I'm about to begin my wedding planning process. I'm doing a cruise wedding on the June 2, 2013 Carnival Breeze. I have not booked yet but I am getting close to doing so!

I haven't decided if I wanted to use a travel agent or not. Any suggestions?

I also am debating on doing the reception and ceremony on emarkation day or waiting to do it at one of the other ports. Any suggestions? I'm worried about having to deal with hotel reservations and transportation to the port if we do it in Miami. In a way I think it would be a little less stessful if we do it at one of the ports. It would ensure everyone would be on time, time for hair and makeup etc. BUT I don't want my guests to miss out on one of the ports....any advice??

I would love any advice!

The reason I chose Embankment Day is because it gives people the option if they WANT to cruise or not, and they can still enjoy your special day. Also for the people that did cruise, I did not want to waste their port days.

I am doing this for a reply card

Full Legal Name(s) and Drivers License or Passport Number (for sailing or non-sailing guests)

_____ We will sea you for the entire cruise.

_____ It’s a shore thing, but we’re not sailing.

_____ Sorry we are all tide up and regretfully cannot attend.

I am a 2013 bride. We are getting married on the Celebrity Solstice, October 31st. There is much planning for me as I do not want the traditional things being offered in the wedding packages. We currently upped our guest list to 75 people. This is how many guest have already placed their deposits for rooms already. This is a first time I have ever been to a cruise ship wedding so I am nervous as to what to expect from the staff, the accommodations, flexibility, and expense. But I have faith everything will work itself out.

Hi Ladies!

I'm about to begin my wedding planning process. I'm doing a cruise wedding on the June 2, 2013 Carnival Breeze. I have not booked yet but I am getting close to doing so!

I also am debating on doing the reception and ceremony on emarkation day or waiting to do it at one of the other ports. Any suggestions? I'm worried about having to deal with hotel reservations and transportation to the port if we do it in Miami. In a way I think it would be a little less stessful if we do it at one of the ports. It would ensure everyone would be on time, time for hair and makeup etc. BUT I don't want my guests to miss out on one of the ports....any advice??

I would love any advice!

I had the same issue at first. Yet, I realized that being that our boarding will be from Puerto Rico, it didn't really matter. My guests have ample time to decide on if they can or can not make it for the wedding. Our embarkation day is the 26th of October and the wedding in on the day-at-sea. This way, no guests miss out on a port stop. Plus we get more flexibility from the cruise line on that day.

Hi Ladies!

I would love any advice!

ok bREEZE i SEE YA.. Im getting married on the Breeze too, so PLEASE PLEASE, PLEASE write a review when u get back,of everything..

Tima's Advice is:

*First call and make sure the day you want is open, thats first...

*Using a TA, is totally up to you.. I plan everything my self, not just talking about My wedding but in life, SO I will more then likely do it my self, Block off Rooms, Transportation, dinners,club etc....

*I will be getting married on Emarkation Day. And the Biggest reason for me is so that my Guest have the Option to Either Sail, or just come party with us in Miami for the Weekend, BUT they will also be able to come to the Wedding/Reception :)

** Another thing please know the DJ is 1st come 1st serve. So if U really want to party, make sure u jump on him/her..

Goood luck with everything.. and dont for get. to let us know everything that happens.. I havent meet another Breeze Bride yet.. So happy for all of us Brides:p

I am a 2013 bride. We are getting married on the Celebrity Solstice, October 31st. There is much planning for me as I do not want the traditional things being offered in the wedding packages. We currently upped our guest list to 75 people. This is how many guest have already placed their deposits for rooms already. This is a first time I have ever been to a cruise ship wedding so I am nervous as to what to expect from the staff, the accommodations, flexibility, and expense. But I have faith everything will work itself out.

Our dates are very close to each other mine is Oct 27, 2013! very exciting i cant belive you have 75 people already paid their deposit how did you get them to pay early? All of our friends/family have not but deposits down yet as they are last minute people....i put a deadline for december 1 2012 so at least i can have some rough numbers LOL

I am doing this for a reply card

Full Legal Name(s) and Drivers License or Passport Number (for sailing or non-sailing guests)

_____ We will sea you for the entire cruise.

_____ It’s a shore thing, but we’re not sailing.

_____ Sorry we are all tide up and regretfully cannot attend.

That is so cute. Love it!!

Archived