What time does the MDR stop serving lunch?

ChacalaGal

While on Liberty of the Seas, I'd like to return to the ship for lunch after a few hours on Labadee. Just wondering how late I could stay and still have lunch in the MDR.

In general, the MDR is not open on port days, only on sea days. The Windjammer typically serves lunch until around 2:30 or 3:00. The Promenade Cafe has sandwiches and pizza 24/7, and other venues like the Solarium cafe may seve lunch later as well.

are you aware that rccl serves a nice bbq lunch (free) right on the island?? it includes hamburgs, hot dogs, ribs, salads, desserts and cerain drinks. i think fruit punch and lemonade?? everything is brought from the ship, cooked by rccl crew and served by them as well. it's not a bad lunch. we usually find something good to eat while we are there. we like to spend as much time on labadee as we can so therefore choose to eat there.

Actually, the MDR is usually opened for lunch when in Labadee and the Windjammer is closed. The Windjammer staff are the ones working the BBQ at Labadee. The MDR is usually open until 2. To be sure, check your cruise compass. The hours for all dining venues will be listed each day.

Actually, the MDR is usually opened for lunch when in Labadee and the Windjammer is closed. The Windjammer staff are the ones working the BBQ at Labadee. The MDR is usually open until 2. To be sure, check your cruise compass. The hours for all dining venues will be listed each day.

On recent Navigator cruise, while in Labadee MDR was closed and Windjammer was open for lunch.

On recent Navigator cruise, while in Labadee MDR was closed and Windjammer was open for lunch.

I have had the same experience on several ships. Most recently the Navigator, thought we would avoid the crowds on land and head to the WJ for ribs but there were no ribs.

You know I was operating under that same line of thought and I thought I had found an exception to the MDR only open on sea days policy. Anyway I went back and found a Cruise Compass from our last visit to Labadee (Aug. 2011) and right there in black and tan it gives the hours of the WJ while at Labadee... nothing for the MDR. For the life of me, I don't know where I came up with the thought the WJ was closed at Labadee also:confused:.

In case it is not abundantly clear... the MDR is open on sea days;):D!

Actually that's not so. Allure MDR was closed and Windjammer was open when in port at Labadee.

I have had the same experience on several ships. Most recently the Navigator, thought we would avoid the crowds on land and head to the WJ for ribs but there were no ribs.

I don't think the ribs are that good anyway on board. At least not as good as the rib shack down the road from my house. Of course, I live in Georgia so they better make good ribs. :D

I don't think the ribs are that good anyway on board. At least not as good as the rib shack down the road from my house. Of course, I live in Georgia so they better make good ribs. :D

I agree they are not the best but do work as a quick fix.;)

A few years ago MDR used to have ribs for lunch with baked beans and corn-on-the-cob.

Oh, just like dinner you can order as much as you want for lunch, including both the Tutti Salad and something off the menu.

Here is a link with lunch menus and pictures (as well as breakfast and dinner menus) --> http://www.cruisegoers.com/mariner/food/menu-and-pictures-day-2/

The dinner menus are not quite accurate anymore, but close enough. Point to the word "Food" at the top to see other days.

Note...You order dessert at lunch when you order your other food, not later like dinner.

I actually prefer lunch in the Windjammer or Cafe Promenade, as I don't think the MDR lunch selections are that great, but my wife prefers lunch in the MDR.

Of course, on a cruise ship I can do both or even all three if I want. (Burp.)

Actually I know some who eat lunch in the MDR but go to the Windjammer for dessert.

Note that MDR lunch and dinner has free hard-scooped ice cream, so I can get my chocolate ice cream fix (real ice cream, not frozen yogurt like on deck 11).

Archived