Montego Bay-Mayfield Falls

packard89

Just wanted to let you know that we were in Jamaica last week and opted NOT to go to Dunns River Falls. We didn't feel like taking that long drive nor did we feel like fighting the crowds. And boy did we make the right decision! We booked a tour through Trevor Hudlin Tours, he and I had many email communications before our arrival and he did not disappoint! He took us to the falls in a very nice air conditioned Toyota bus/van. On the drive, he told us a lot about his country and pointed out lots of interesting things, he even sang to us! Once we arrived at the falls he turned us over to Dennis who was our guide through the falls and his assistant Brian. (I believe that was his name.) We were there virtually by ourselves. Dennis and Brian were very helpful getting us through the falls they even carried our cameras for us and took photos as well. I can't recommend this experience enough, we were all VERY pleased! After the falls, Trevor took us to The Pork Pit for a jerk lunch. It was absolutely delicious. Then he let us stop for some shopping. We were in no rush at all to get back to the ship, we had PLENTY of time. We had 10 of us in our group and we all agree that his tour was the highlight of our cruise. And it was so affordable! ($45.00 per person)

Hope this helps someone who is trying to decide what to do while in port.

Google his name and contact him, he will respond quickly.

Kirsten

Thanks for the review. I'm taking this tour next month. About how much was lunch at the pork pit? We may want to take a walk down the hip strip and perhaps take a quick ride on the slide at Margaritaville instead of lunch. Do you go by this area? What time do you get back to the ship?

I'm not a very strong swimmer. Are there parts where you have to swim a long distance?

Thanks for the review. I'm taking this tour next month. About how much was lunch at the pork pit? We may want to take a walk down the hip strip and perhaps take a quick ride on the slide at Margaritaville instead of lunch. Do you go by this area? What time do you get back to the ship?

I'm not a very strong swimmer. Are there parts where you have to swim a long distance?

I want to say we spent $20.00 for the 3 of us. We passed through the Hip Strip but didn't stop, it was Ash Wednesday.....everyone was off of work for the holiday so it was jam packed! And we got back to the ship about an hour before we were supposed to. We had plenty of time and he will basically take you wherever you want. Word of advice, do your shopping BEFORE you get back the port.....we decided to get a few more items and it was miserably crowded!

And no, you don't have to swim for long periods if you don't want to. There were times when I walked on the side of the river to dry off a bit because that water is so cold! :eek:

Have a great time!

Around what time was that? Or ship doesn't sail until 6:00 pm.

We had to be back at 5:30 ship time. Make sure you explain that to him. Jamiaca's time is an hour different. So you have PLENTY of time.

Archived