Solstice Tendering in St. Maarten 3/11

macruisefan

I just got off the phone with Celebrity, because in my reservation for March 25th, it still shows the itninerary with St. Thomas then St. Maarten, with docking in both locations, even though the itinerary on the reservation page shows the opposite, with tendering in St. Maarten.

The representative had me on hold for several minutes, and then reported that the itinerary change, flipping the ports and requiring the tendering would end with the March 11th sailing, and the ports would be reversed with docking at both.

Heres hoping! A lot easier at the pier for me!

I just got off the phone with Celebrity, because in my reservation for March 25th, it still shows the itninerary with St. Thomas then St. Maarten, with docking in both locations, even though the itinerary on the reservation page shows the opposite, with tendering in St. Maarten.

The representative had me on hold for several minutes, and then reported that the itinerary change, flipping the ports and requiring the tendering would end with the March 11th sailing, and the ports would be reversed with docking at both.

Heres hoping! A lot easier at the pier for me!

We just returned from a 7 night cruise aboard Summit. One of our stops was in St Maarten and right next to us (docked) was Allure of the Seas. There were other ships in that day and all were docked. If Allure can be docked, I can't imagine Soltice would need to tender.

We just returned from a 7 night cruise aboard Summit. One of our stops was in St Maarten and right next to us (docked) was Allure of the Seas. There were other ships in that day and all were docked. If Allure can be docked, I can't imagine Soltice would need to tender.

I was on the Equinox last year and we also were docked. I have never seen boats tendering in, unless this perhaps is something new due to how many ships in port.

Can someone else confirm this?

I am booked for the April 8th on the Solstice and that would be awesome if we didn't have to tender in St. Maarten.

When we were recently in St Maarten, there were 3 other ships with us. All of us were docked. In your intinerary, it appears there will be 3 other ships with you as well. It doesn't look like tendering will be necessary for any of the ships.

ST. Maarten can hold six ships at the Wathey Pier complex, usually four ships at the original pier and two at the newer, shorter pier.

The last ship to request docking privileges, which is Celebrity this winter because of the last minute itinerary flipping, got stuck with anchoring in Great Bay and tendering into Bobby's Marina at the edge of Philipsburg.

Can someone else confirm this?

I am booked for the April 8th on the Solstice and that would be awesome if we didn't have to tender in St. Maarten.

You should be fine - no tender! You will be in port with Freedom of the Seas, Westerdam and Dawn. Plenty of room for all of you. :D

We're on Solstice on March 25th and have been watching this saga unfold.

As of today (3/1), the St Maarten port authority website lists Solstice as tendering (listed as "ANCHOR") on 3/11 but docked on 3/29.

Looks like Azamara gets to tender on 3/29 instead of Solstice.

ST. Maarten can hold six ships at the Wathey Pier complex, usually four ships at the original pier and two at the newer, shorter pier.

The last ship to request docking privileges, which is Celebrity this winter because of the last minute itinerary flipping, got stuck with anchoring in Great Bay and tendering into Bobby's Marina at the edge of Philipsburg.

Hi All,

Re - THE SOLSTICE IN SINT MAARTEN

THE BIG BOOPER's info here is correct... I know very well... as we were the FIRST Sailing that the Solstice did with the NEW Itinerary (January 15th Sailing)... and although Tendering was "fun" it was also a BIG PITA because it was slow !!

Also, not 100% sure if the warf we used was Bobby's Marina... it was not the usual one that is used by the Water Taxis but rather the one that sits out-front the Sea Palace Resort (we found it very convenient for getting into the main area of Philipsburg)

My BEST Advice, for anyone looking to find out exactly what is happening on your upcoming cruise is ...

(a) Check the Port Authority Website for St Maartens for the date you are sailing, and

(b) Check in with your ROLL CALL here on CC... Celebrity sent out emails to some Passengers (wierdly not all) BEFORE our Sailing that stated what was going on with the change in Itinerary.

So naturally, there are some who arrived at the Ship only to discover that the Itinerary has changed (swap of days for St Thomas & St Maartens) .. and that they are now tendering in St Maartens ... that truly screwed up some folks plans for Private Excursions.

Personally, I wouldn't trust what you hear on the phone from a Celebrity Phone Rep... (not unless you make say 3 or 4 calls and get the same reply every time from an assortment of different reps... lets just say Celebrity's Website and Call Centre is SOMEWHAT LACKING IN FACTUAL INFO)... there is greater chance that the info you get from your fellow Pax on your ROLL CALL is going to be the most accurate (especially if someone has received notification by email from Celebrity)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

PHOTOS

1- Solstice Anchored in Great Bay

2- Water Taxi Tendering

3- Long Way to Go (aprox 25-30 Minutes)

4- Warf Outside of the Sea Palace Resort

5- Looking Back at the Solstice from Shore

1860827759_DSCF6126(2)(620x465).jpg.49870ad881db427f9b2dcb926ea61034.jpg

1467200574_DSCF6125(2)(620x465).jpg.3791020b209340c7aa0566429e06c7e1.jpg

404879589_DSCF6131(2)(620x465).jpg.35c283d38068ae35421ec1e910972932.jpg

1830783033_DSCF6133(2)(620x465).jpg.0a10d06a22ff80d80dbe63c8dd738325.jpg

442634901_DSCF6136(2)(620x465).jpg.b2c1e6b57d6c0912f2f2c0703f6d2292.jpg

We're on Solstice on March 25th and have been watching this saga unfold.

As of today (3/1), the St Maarten port authority website lists Solstice as tendering (listed as "ANCHOR") on 3/11 but docked on 3/29.

I was on this cruise - we were due to tender but a Holland America ship didn't make it due to a medical emergency so we got their spot on the pier

Could someone do me a favor-?

My pop-up blocker won't let me get into the St maarten cruise port calendar (not sure why??)

Could someone check Silhouette on April 16th for this port & number of ships?

Thanks (our itin says docked & we have never tendered in St Maarten...)

Could someone do me a favor-?

My pop-up blocker won't let me get into the St maarten cruise port calendar (not sure why??)

Could someone check Silhouette on April 16th for this port & number of ships?

Thanks (our itin says docked & we have never tendered in St Maarten...)

HI HCAT,

For April 16th in St Maartens it will be the Silhouette and Explorer of the Seas... so not a bad day crowd wise.

The issue with Tendering was truly only one for the Solstice this year, as they changed their Winter Itinerary late... and all the dock space was accounted for... as stated by THE BIG BOOPER above in Reply # 8

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Archived