Cruise Critic Community
bochata

Mini-group tours with Best Guides

1 hour ago, AnnMaryKira said:

Best Guides offer early bird discounts ( 5 % off for all mini group tours and 10 % for all tour packagers and individual programs) since December 1, 2018.

Great news. Thanks!

I'm choosing between two mini group tours -  Happy Tour and Best of the Best.   What can you suggest taking in consideration I'm coming with 2 teens? Which itinerary will be better? Happy tour is a pretty good deal. But Best of the Best looks to be more popular. Thank you for your help!

Liz

Regarding the original question about the private tour vs mini-group tour, it really depends on the size of the group whether you will need to line up or not. Normally, if you are up to 6 people, you go in font of all lines, but if there are more people, it can be difficult. Groups of 10 and more will definitely have to wait. Probably, to stay on the safe side, it is better to stick to the private tour (that's just IMHO).
Besides, if you are traveling with teens, your tour can be customized to keep them entertained. You might add some unusual sites or exclude something if they don't show any interest.

Edited by Lagerta

5 hours ago, Betty Gale said:

I'm choosing between two mini group tours -  Happy Tour and Best of the Best.   What can you suggest taking in consideration I'm coming with 2 teens? 

I'm not familiar with Happy Tour but I know the Best of the Best is an Excellent tour.

I know as a group with a private tour, we bypassed all the long lines.  If you are on your own, whether you are 2 or 6, you are stuck waiting, on the line to get in.

We did  Best of the Best, but new Happy Tour also seems good. Wow! They offer  not only ice cream tasting but a shot of vodka as well. Something for men!

We did Happy Tour, and were very Happy with it!  We had two boys, 10 and 12, and they were entertained the whole time.  Only the long drive to/from Pushkin for Catherine Palace was a drain, but in a nice air-conditioned van with Wifi.  Never waited in line more than 5 minutes to get in anywhere, and walked past literally hundreds of people standing in line. 

The ice cream is simply choosing from freezer section at a supermarket, which at first was a bit of a letdown.  But it was nice to get this experience and we chose to buy lots of candy, chocolate, and such as gifts and souvenirs there instead.  No one else was doing the vodka shots, so I think I got 4 of them at the overpriced souvenir shop by Palace Square, but I bought a beautiful bottle of Tsars Gold and have no regrets, which the shots made easier. :classic_biggrin: Would do it all again.  

Thanks for all of the great information!  My family of 4 traveling on NCL Getaway has booked a "Happy Tour" with Best Guides June 11-12, and we cannot wait!

We chose the Best of the Best Tour for our June 2019 Baltic Cruise on NCL, after originally booking the Happy Tour and strongly considering a private tour.  The cost for a private tour was just too much for us, and the minigroup tours, while limited to 15 people, usually have about 8-12 people per Best Guides.  The Best of the Best Tour included everything we wanted to do anyway, so we are fine sharing it with a few other people.  Best of luck in your decision!  I don't think you can make a bad one.

Were touring St Petersburg with Best Guides this July when were visiting on a Princess cruise.

Our group of 4 is booked with Best Guides. Still room to join. You can contact Andrey. You will receive a 10% discount if you join our group. (P.s. not sure why the date of my comment is posting incorrectly but this is for the St Petersburg tour on May 9-10, 2019)

16 minutes ago, jshappytravels said:

(P.s. not sure why the date of my comment is posting incorrectly but this is for the St Petersburg tour on May 9-10, 2019)

I also noticed the crazy date and realized it's the date we joined CC.  However, in your case, it seems that you only posted twice in all those years?

Enjoy your tour, You'll love it.  Go to your cruise, roll call, to get others to join you.

lol Thanks for the info TravelingApor and yes only posted twice (this week to boot!). Finding it hard to navigate and I did post in the roll call but doesn't seem to be that many people registered for the Poesia cruise. I am sure we will love the cruise. Looking forward to it.

I'm happy to see all the good reviews the tour companies are getting.  We (My wife and I) booked the Happy Tour with Best Guides a few weeks ago for our upcoming Baltic Cruise on Brilliance in August.  We were undecided between different options but finally settled on the Happy Tour as it seems to have the balance we are looking for between getting the most stuff visited without being too exhausting.  Early review is excellent so far and communication back and forth with the staff has been very quick to get back to me and very clear to answer any questions I had.

Looking forward to this tour and I'll be back to comment/review after so I contribute my part since I really appreciate the info I was able to get from others.

dp

We did the Best of the Best Tour and it was awesome!!!  I had teenagers and felt they would enjoy the boat ride & hydrofoil ride.

Thank goodness they provided blankets because it was cold, on the river.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, Girlu123 said:

My husband and I and six of our friends are joining Best Guides on a private mini tour of St. Petersburg on June 29-30, 2019.  Dariya has been very accommodating with our planning so far and we're looking forward to a fun filled 2 days. 

and how much did this tour cost you, if not a secret?)

Taking the best guides tour group at St Petersburg on Royal Caribbean Baltic cruise. Dariya was very helpfull setting up our 2 day tour.

kcm724

Looking forward to the St Petersburg tour with Dariya at Best Guides, she was very helpful.

Lynette M.

7 hours ago, klm724 said:

Looking forward to the St Petersburg tour with Dariya at Best Guides, she was very helpful.

Lynette M.

You will have a wonderful time.  BTW They provided us with bottled water.  I hope they are continuing to do that.

looking forward to our tour with Dariya from Best Guides in St Peterberg.  She was very helpful in guiding us on our 2 day trip.

Thanks

Ken

Looking forward to the St Petersburg two days tour with Dariya from  Best Guides, 

thanks

Alvaro

We have booked a tour with Best Guides in St. Petersburg, Russia.  Their service so far has been very good.  Looking forward to their tour.  Doreen