bar setup??

dolfin6857

I have a bar set up every time I cruise. You need to contact your PCC, tell them you want to set up a bar. They will give you a number to call at the port you get onto the ship. Call the number and request they e-mail you the bar list, after you decide what alcohol you want to order, call them back and order your bar! There is a small fee to set up your bar, but it is minimal.

I've been told that bar setup must be ordered at least 2 weeks before sail date, so you're probably out of luck for your cruise leaving March 4.

Can't hurt to call and ask though....

This process has been completely revamped. You can call the regular 800 reservation number, tell them what you want, they will give you a price, you must pay in advance with a credit card. Your booze will be waiting in your room when you board.

Little confused here - do you mean a separate bar setup ?

Everytime I cruise the fridge is stocked full of drinks - I can never put my own drinks in there. You want a separate bar ? OK you do not have a cabin but one of those homes away from home - OK, I get it. Us simple folks down in the cabins take a bit longer to comprehend what's going on.

My only suggestion then - is from my experince the French Canadians have NCL down to a Science.

Probably should try them - they dominate the pool deck chair scene, waiting in line manipulation, dining room service and preferred buffet seating areas. I would think they can steer you in the right direction.

Regards

Everytime I cruise the fridge is stocked full of drinks - I can never put my own drinks in there. You want a separate bar ? OK you do not have a cabin but one of those homes away from home - OK, I get it. Us simple folks down in the cabins take a bit longer to comprehend what's going on.

My only suggestion then - is from my experince the French Canadians have NCL down to a Science.

Probably should try them - they dominate the pool deck chair scene, waiting in line manipulation, dining room service and preferred buffet seating areas. I would think they can steer you in the right direction.

Regards

LOL! You had some issues with folks from La Belle Province it sounds like. Were they traveling as a group?

Everytime I cruise the fridge is stocked full of drinks - I can never put my own drinks in there. You want a separate bar ?

Regards

Yes, the OP is talking about a separate bar... much less expensive than the fridge that is stocked (by the way, you can ask you room steward to take those out to make room for what you want). You can order up to 3 bottles of liquor (I think) to have in your room. They are pricey (the bottles we just ordered were over $100 a pop, but still less than buying by-the-drink. AND, more convenient (which is why we always order it). Nothing like coming back to the cabin after a long day in port and relaxing on the balcony with a drink in hand without having to go to a bar to get it :D

Regards

LOL!!

We are sailing on the Gem this Sunday, and about 3 weeks ago, I emailed Gem Group Events and ordered through there. I'd read that it wasn't done that way anymore but thought I'd give it a shot since others were having so much difficulty ordering over the phone. I did this on the Epic, so knew what I want and wrote the email in that manner (not asking if it was "okay" that I order this way). No problem! Quick reply, and my credit card's charged and order confirmed! There's another thread with bar set up prices here, that I posted back in July/August, with the only difference being that they have gone up $20/bottle pretty much all around.

groupevent(yourshipname)@ncl.com

• 3 weeks later...
This process has been completely revamped. You can call the regular 800 reservation number, tell them what you want, they will give you a price, you must pay in advance with a credit card. Your booze will be waiting in your room when you board.

Thanks but OMG, I have been on the line for 7 minutes and the NCL agent has no idea what I am talking about. They sent me to the Bon Voyage site on the webpage but it only shows wine. They told me they didn't think I can do this but I asked them if they can please put me on hold and check. I've been on hold for quite some time so not sure if they are waiting for me to hang up or if they are checking...gggrrr....

I would rather just order but I'll see if I can ever do it LOL

Archived