Dining alternatives on Splendor, 1st day.

Can anybody help me with alternatives to eating at the buffet on the Lido deck when we first board the ship? The crowds, lines and madness of this area was my only complaint from my Inspiration cruise in February. I don't like waiting in a line for food, I don't like people screaming around me before and during a meal... it felt more like a cattle call to a trough rather than respect being shown for our food. I'm wondering if I should just board already full and wait until dinner or board once the cabins are open and order room service or maybe bring a picnic on board with us and find a quiet nook to eat sandwiches and enjoy the view. Thanks in advance for any advice on avoiding the Lido deck madness! :o

Try going up above the buffet to the Rotisserie. On the first day it is usually pretty quiet since most people do not even know it is up there. They have chicken, mac and cheese, baked potato, and different salads. I love the mac and cheese. We never had a crowd up there.

Claudia

I don't think there really are any....my last two trips on the Splendor the only place open to eat was the Lido buffett. But there is the Tandoori line (Indian), the grill (hamburgers/hotdogs), and the rotisserie open as part of the buffet.

Definitely head up to Rotisserie in the back of the Lido buffet area, up the stairs. It's the quietest place to grab food and eat and there is seldom very many people up there. Kind of a hidden area that you'll even see the officers and entertainment staff eating at. Grab some food from the grill/hamburger area, pizza, or even the deli sandwiches outside the Lido and head upstairs to enjoy in Rotisserie area if you don't want to grab food in buffet line. Rotisserie also has food/drinks, but it is limited.

Definitely head up to Rotisserie in the back of the Lido buffet area, up the stairs. It's the quietest place to grab food and eat and there is seldom very many people up there. Kind of a hidden area that you'll even see the officers and entertainment staff eating at. Grab some food from the grill/hamburger area, pizza, or even the deli sandwiches outside the Lido and head upstairs to enjoy in Rotisserie area if you don't want to grab food in buffet line. Rotisserie also has food/drinks, but it is limited.

Great, thanks so much for the info!

Last two times on the Splendor, after boarding I headed right for the Tandori.

Most people on the first day don't realized that there are offerings other then the buffet.

I can't remember the last time I went to the buffet for lunch, I always use the alternatives.

Archived