Bloggers Cruise, who are they?

Does it cost extra to participate in the bloggers activities? How do they know who is on board for JH & who's on board for a regular cruise vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does cost extra and they give you identification that shows you are a blogger.

So then are you technically paying for the gifts?:cool:

No, you do not have to pay extra. I have been on 2 Blogger cruises ( BC 3 & 4 )and never paid an extra cent. We booked like any cruise and then registered on John's blog to be included. We received all the info in our cabin on the first day, attended all the blogger events and received all the gifts.

I believe that when a Bloggers cruise is announced that there is a special code for booking and I did read that it was more expensive to book it that way. When questioned, John said it should not cost them more so I don't know how it was resolved and how this last one was handled. All I can say is we did not and still enjoyed all the benefits. It is not John's intent to have the bloggers pay more.

It is a fun cruise!

No, you do not have to pay extra. I have been on 2 Blogger cruises ( BC 3 & 4 )and never paid an extra cent. We booked like any cruise and then registered on John's blog to be included. We received all the info in our cabin on the first day, attended all the blogger events and received all the gifts.

I believe that when a Bloggers cruise is announced that there is a special code for booking and I did read that it was more expensive to book it that way. When questioned, John said it should not cost them more so I don't know how it was resolved and how this last one was handled. All I can say is we did not and still enjoyed all the benefits. It is not John's intent to have the bloggers pay more.

It is a fun cruise!

Thanks for clearing this up

It is a fun cruise!

Thanks for the info.

We had booked this same cruise before it was announced that it was a Bloggers Cruise. I follow John and I would love to be included in the festivities. Can I still register for it and how would I do that?

We had booked this same cruise before it was announced that it was a Bloggers Cruise. I follow John and I would love to be included in the festivities. Can I still register for it and how would I do that?

Yes, you can. In fact, we'll be doing a CC group for BC6 just as we did for BC5. Should be fantastic fun with some great ports.

All of our folks had a fabulous time... every single one of 'em.

I'll be adding a thread here on this forum in the near future... watch for it...

By the way, as Mary said above, you can book whatever category you please for the cruise and still get the benefits of all the fun and the goodies. We always book Early Saver... got $207 in OBC! Covered our gratuities and a bit more!

:)

By the way, as Mary said above, you can book whatever category you please for the cruise and still get the benefits of all the fun and the goodies. We always book Early Saver... got $207 in OBC! Covered our gratuities and a bit more!

This is the part I'm foggy about. So you just go ahead and book whatever room you want, Early Saver is okay (I booked a spa balcony, Early Saver, a few weeks ago... that's okay?) I looked at the BC5 thread and I saw a posting about pricing... I read it and I was lost. LOL... I get lost easily. I would LOVE to meet fellow CCers. You guys are awesome! I plan on being addicted to cruising and I need some vets to show my fiance and I the ropes. ;)

They're people who read John Heald's blog and now his Facebook page. This is the fifth bloggers' cruise and the date for Bloggers' cruise 6 is supposed to be announced this weekend. Think it will be the Carnival Breeze from Miami in February or March, 2013. We'll be on that one.

Jan , 19 2013:D

This is the part I'm foggy about. So you just go ahead and book whatever room you want, Early Saver is okay (I booked a spa balcony, Early Saver, a few weeks ago... that's okay?) I looked at the BC5 thread and I saw a posting about pricing... I read it and I was lost. LOL... I get lost easily. I would LOVE to meet fellow CCers. You guys are awesome! I plan on being addicted to cruising and I need some vets to show my fiance and I the ropes. ;)

You are fine with the way you booked. As I posted on the other thread, there is not a specific fare or rate for this cruise to be included in the Blogger events and goodies. What you may have read about past blogger cruises is that when the Blogger Cruises were 1st announced, they set up a specific fare code ( those people were booking for the blogger cruise ) and some people ended up paying more and therefore confusion. Since some people did not book using this fare code and still wanted to be included, John had Eric set up a registration for all those interested and that's how everyone gets included. It was never John's intent that people had to pay extra to be included so I think they finally got it right for BC6. John has posted that you can book it whichever way you want to.

As I posted above, I have never paid extra to register and was able to attend all the blogger events and got all the goodies in my cabin.

You are fine with the way you booked. Just make sure you register when Eric announces it on John's Blog. It probably will not be until the fall if even then so be patient. From your posts, it sounds like you are excited and eager to be included. Don't worry, you will be included and will enjoy it all.

You will get addicted to cruising and you won't need much help with that...lol. We will all be glad to show you and your new husband (he will be by then...lol ) the ropes but I don't think you'll need it. It'll come naturally.. lol:D;)

You are fine with the way you booked. As I posted on the other thread, there is not a specific fare or rate for this cruise to be included in the Blogger events and goodies. What you may have read about past blogger cruises is that when the Blogger Cruises were 1st announced, they set up a specific fare code ( those people were booking for the blogger cruise ) and some people ended up paying more and therefore confusion. Since some people did not book using this fare code and still wanted to be included, John had Eric set up a registration for all those interested and that's how everyone gets included. It was never John's intent that people had to pay extra to be included so I think they finally got it right for BC6. John has posted that you can book it whichever way you want to.

As I posted above, I have never paid extra to register and was able to attend all the blogger events and got all the goodies in my cabin.

You are fine with the way you booked. Just make sure you register when Eric announces it on John's Blog. It probably will not be until the fall if even then so be patient. From your posts, it sounds like you are excited and eager to be included. Don't worry, you will be included and will enjoy it all.

You will get addicted to cruising and you won't need much help with that...lol. We will all be glad to show you and your new husband (he will be by then...lol ) the ropes but I don't think you'll need it. It'll come naturally.. lol:D;)

You rock! Thanks so much for the info. ;)

Any fare code is fine to be part of a Blogger's Cruise. You're in great shape.

As the cruise approaches John will add a link to his blog where you can join the roster as a member. Very simple... very straight forward.

To join the Crazies for the Blogger's is even simpler... wait for our thread to appear and hop on! These are some truly fantastic folks to cruise with... you'll love 'em all.

If you have any questions about the pricing feel free to email me and we can discuss specifics. My email address is in my signature block...

Any fare code is fine to be part of a Blogger's Cruise. You're in great shape.

As the cruise approaches John will add a link to his blog where you can join the roster as a member. Very simple... very straight forward.

To join the Crazies for the Blogger's is even simpler... wait for our thread to appear and hop on! These are some truly fantastic folks to cruise with... you'll love 'em all.

If you have any questions about the pricing feel free to email me and we can discuss specifics. My email address is in my signature block...

Awesome! :D Loving your review, btw.

It costs nothing extra and there are people on the cruise who have never read the JH blog. Some just want to sail with him.

He didn't do the bedtime story (he wasn't the cruise director) and there wasn't a Bobbleheald in sight, but there were still a few gifts. But considering it doesn't cost anything extra, unless you used the absurd booking code provided by Carnival.

Anyway, a lot of people love the cruises, but John isn't everyone's cup of tea. No need to belittle him or those who like him. Why do a few people feel compelled to do so?

Here are the Blogger's Capers from BC5

Blogger's Fun Times: Page1 Page2

and more from that cruise (still a work in progress):

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Bloggers2012/index.htm

It costs nothing extra and there are people on the cruise who have never read the JH blog. Some just want to sail with him.

He didn't do the bedtime story (he wasn't the cruise director) and there wasn't a Bobbleheald in sight, but there were still a few gifts. But considering it doesn't cost anything extra, unless you used the absurd booking code provided by Carnival.

Anyway, a lot of people love the cruises, but John isn't everyone's cup of tea. No need to belittle him or those who like him. Why do a few people feel compelled to do so?

Here are the Blogger's Capers from BC5

Blogger's Fun Times: Page1 Page2

and more from that cruise (still a work in progress):

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Bloggers2012/index.htm

I really like the way you take these photos, especially the ones that I'm in. :D

Ahhh, the "Devoted Followers of John Heald" Cruise. You're right , Bloggers sounds better! :)

Truth in advertising requires that it be called "The Devoted Followers of John Heald Cruise".

• 6 months later...
I just registered for the Blogger's Cruise using the link of John's facebook page which takes you to his blog! I'm so excited to see what sort of activities will be planned! Does anyone know if we get any notification in advance?

Will be interesting to see the results of "WHO'S IN CHARGE" on this edition.

Archived