FCC Change

paul929207

This was posted on Facebook by someone currently on the Star Princess:

Currently on board the Star and our Captain Circle Host has just come out with the new future cruise credits (applies to only credits purchased this date forward)

length of voyage 7 - 10 days $25 for inside and outside, $50 or balcony/mini/suite

11-16 days $75 inside and outside $100 balcony/mini/suite

17 days plus $125 inside/outside, $150 for balcony/mini/suite

what the change is: now insides and outsides are grouped together, also days use to be 7 - 9, 10 -15, and 16 and over

a little worst but still a great deal for only a $100 deposit.

This was just seen on facebook from someone on-board the Star:

Currently on board the Star and our Captain Circle Host has just come out with the new future cruise credits (applies to only credits purchased this date forward)

7 - 10 days $25 for inside and outside, $50 or balcony/mini/suite

11-16 days $75 inside and outside, $100 balcony/mini/suite

What the change is: now insides and outsides are grouped together, also days use to be 7 - 9, 10 -15, and 16 and over.

length of voyage 7 - 10 days $25 for inside and outside, $50 or balcony/mini/suite

what the change is: now insides and outsides are grouped together, also days use to be 7 - 9, 10 -15, and 16 and over

I can live with it and fortunately I still have 4 unused FCC'S.

Thank you for posting this. I'm wanting to book an Alaska 2013 10 Day cruise as soon as they come out, but was going to wait until our May cruise on the Star to buy a FCC. Seems like it's less worth it now, then it was....so maybe I'll just go ahead and book now.....

I will still buy them in April. This time tho, I am getting double the amount.:D The OBC was nicer, yes - but I like keeping my $$$$ to myself as long as possible.:cool:

Thank you for posting this. I'm wanting to book an Alaska 2013 10 Day cruise as soon as they come out, but was going to wait until our May cruise on the Star to buy a FCC. Seems like it's less worth it now, then it was....so maybe I'll just go ahead and book now.....

If you are going to book an outside cabin, you would be the big loser. Under the old rules, you would get $100 OBC, but with a new FCC, it would only be $25

If you are going to book an outside cabin, you would be the big loser. Under the old rules, you would get $100 OBC, but with a new FCC, it would only be $25

I know....so I'd rather book now, (well, when they come out) then wait 2 months.....thanks again.

An outside would be $25/pp. That's a big $50. I wouldn't wait 2 months for that mini amount of credit. The only benefit would be a smaller deposit, but then he might lose his choice of cabin.

An outside would be $25/pp. That's a big $50. I wouldn't wait 2 months for that mini amount of credit. The only benefit would be a smaller deposit, but then he might lose his choice of cabin.

I would also grab the cabin I want. I am less enthralled with the small deposit. Just means pay more later.

Is the the first cut back step in planning for the disasters that have happened to Carnival Corp? (Costa, Noro breakouts). I fear we will see more cutbacks, but I sure hope not. The benefits for us as Elite have been great. Anyway, all we can do is sit back and watch.

This is HUGE news, and not in a good way. We have repeatedly said to ourselves that all these goodies in terms of OBCs and Elite benefits are not going to last forever, and we need to cruise NOW. Glad we stocked up when we were on the Emerald...we're good for 2-3 years.

Basically, we've just lost the savings we gained with the military OBC.

I never have paid any attention to what we received for OBC's. I just booked a b2b2b. I really didn't care about the middle one which is a four day one but thought it would be better than getting off and staying in a hotel for four days. I take it you don't get any OBC's for four days - even in a suite?

I never have paid any attention to what we received for OBC's. I just booked a b2b2b. I really didn't care about the middle one which is a four day one but thought it would be better than getting off and staying in a hotel for four days. I take it you don't get any OBC's for four days - even in a suite?

You do not get any OBC for the FCCs for cruises shorter than 7 days. You still can get shareholder & military OBC.

Hi Jeannie..Wow I wish I had more FCC's..is this etched in stone..I will be purchasing many FCC's in a few weeks if its not in effect yet....Princess seems to changing and/or taking away one thing after another..such a bummer :(

The post I saw was by someone on the Star Princess. She said it was effective today.

Well, since I don't think I'll be sailing on any very long cruises after this year (at least not until retirement, which is about 250 years away), once I use up my outstanding FCCs, I doubt I'll be buying any more. There's no point; the OBC for an outside cabin is a total insult now. Especially if you're booking a higher category (D and up) unobstructed view, which can often be nearly the cost of a balcony cabin. Princess, this is the first time you've done something that's really ticked me off; I may have to turn in my pom poms and cheerleader varsity letter.

I can live with it and fortunately I still have 4 unused FCC'S.

I'm glad that we bought a 4th FCC on the Sapphire last week. :)

Just off the Emerald Princess and we bought FCC on March 6, 2012 and this price structure was in place that date.

Got off the Sapphire on the 10th & it was the old rules before changing today. :)

I don't like this at all. Booking a 10 day inside will only get me $50 OBC now instead of $150. That's quite a difference. The reduced deposit never was a selling point to me, since you have to pay it eventually. But a $100 hit in OBC is pretty big. I probably won't even bother getting FCC's on my next cruise. And not having one will make me look at other cruise lines when planning a trip. Having those FCC shipboard credits was a real incentive to stick with Princess cruise after cruise. If I don't have that, my eyes will certainly be roaming when looking for a cruise.

Archived