FCC Change

paul929207

I don't like this at all. Booking a 10 day inside will only get me $50 OBC now instead of $150. That's quite a difference. The reduced deposit never was a selling point to me, since you have to pay it eventually. But a $100 hit in OBC is pretty big. I probably won't even bother getting FCC's on my next cruise. And not having one will make me look at other cruise lines when planning a trip. Having those FCC shipboard credits was a real incentive to stick with Princess cruise after cruise. If I don't have that, my eyes will certainly be roaming when looking for a cruise.

The $150 FCC credit was for outsides over 16 days.

If this is correct...when does the shareholders benefit get reduced. Regardless we have 3 cruises book with FCCs and still a couple in the bank.

The shareholder OBC was just reauthorized for another year, so we should be safe for a while.

I don't like this at all. Booking a 10 day inside will only get me $50 OBC now instead of $150. That's quite a difference. The reduced deposit never was a selling point to me, since you have to pay it eventually. But a $100 hit in OBC is pretty big. I probably won't even bother getting FCC's on my next cruise. And not having one will make me look at other cruise lines when planning a trip. Having those FCC shipboard credits was a real incentive to stick with Princess cruise after cruise. If I don't have that, my eyes will certainly be roaming when looking for a cruise.

I am guessing that this is the OBC for two people, not one?

Just off the Emerald Princess and we bought FCC on March 6, 2012 and this price structure was in place that date.

Melanie

We bought 3 each on Feb.22 and I never looked at them until today. It's the old price structure. They must have changed it on your second cruise.

That really stinks for all of the people who book 10 day cruises. The $100/pp (even for a balcony) has been reduced to $50/pp.

Melanie

We bought 3 each on Feb.22 and I never looked at them until today. It's the old price structure. They must have changed it on your second cruise.

That really stinks for all of the people who book 10 day cruises. The $100/pp (even for a balcony) has been reduced to $50/pp.

I have a tendency to look at free money as not really stinking.

I am glad the 4 cruises I have booked were all booked with "the old" FCCs. YAY!

But i have used up all the ones I had in my account, so I have to buy more when on the Star next week .... and they will be the "new", less valuable ones. DARN!

Thank goodness for shareholder OBC ...... for as long as that lasts.

But i have used up all the ones I had in my account, so I have to buy more when on the Star next week .... and they will be the "new", less valuable ones. DARN!

Going strong as I know it, for 13 years. :)

They are only less valuable if you book an outside cabin or a cruise that is 10 or 16 days long.

I have forgotten the old rules. We used the two we bought 2 years ago to book a cruise next year and the $200 paid the deposit. Will we also get OBC when we go? We booked a mini. Thanks

Yes, you will each get OBC based on the old rules. If the cruise is 7 to 9 days, you will get $50 each, 10 to 15 days, $100 each and 16 days or longer $150 each.

This change is very minor and does not bother me. It only changes the length of the voyage by one day and changes the outside category so that it is grouped with the inside category.

In terms of Princess pricing, grouping the insides and the outsides makes more sense because pricewise those cabins are more similar in cost. There is a larger discrepancy between the price of an outside cabin and a balcony or better cabin. I can see why Princess changed the categorization.

This change is very minor and does not bother me. It only changes the length of the voyage by one day and changes the outside category so that it is grouped with the inside category.

In terms of Princess pricing, grouping the insides and the outsides makes more sense because pricewise those cabins are more similar in cost. There is a larger discrepancy between the price of an outside cabin and a balcony or better cabin. I can see why Princess changed the categorization.

So you don't mind getting $50 p/p less for booking a 10 day trip on a balcony?

Thanks Paul. This is a ten day cruise and the OBC is not showing on the Cruise Personalizer. Is that normal? Thanks again.

The Personalizer does not show all OBC if you book thru a TA, which I do. So I just call my TA to verify what is there.

So you don't mind getting $50 p/p less for booking a 10 day trip on a balcony?

I don't know the cruises that Princess Patches books, but for me, I book longer cruises, so the drop for a 10 day cruise doesn't bother me.

No, I'm normally quite appreciative of people giving me free money. I don't normally stick my hand out and say sorry, it's not enough

I don't know the cruises that Princess Patches books, but for me, I book longer cruises, so the drop for a 10 day cruise doesn't bother me.

Agreed. Paul and Cruise Junky said it better than I could.

The post I saw was by someone on the Star Princess. She said it was effective today.

We have a 16-day cruise coming up in April, and we already paid in full. Since we each purchased a FCC, on our Cruise Personalizer, each of us is showing $150 OBC (for balcony cabin). With the new policy, 16-day only gets $100. Does it mean when we board in April, our accounts will show only $100 OBC for each of us, or the $150 amount is still good for "cruises booked before the change"?

Thank you.

We have a 16-day cruise coming up in April, and we already paid in full. Since we each purchased a FCC, on our Cruise Personalizer, each of us is showing $150 OBC (for balcony cabin). With the new policy, 16-day only gets $100. Does it mean when we board in April, our accounts will show only $100 OBC for each of us, or the $150 amount is still good for "cruises booked before the change"?

Thank you.

You booked with the old form, you'll get the monies as listed on the old form. I have 4 unused and fully expect to get the proper amount when I book my next cruises. (Hopefully, tomorrow :D). The new change is for FCC's purchased after the new effective date which I believe is March 9th.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but does this change affect inside cabins as far as the OBC for using a FCC?

Mike

Not sure about $$ amounts for short inside cabin cruises, but the main change seems to be that OV has been lowered and also 10 days are now the same as seven days. Also, the top catagory has changed from 16+ days to 17+ days.

See post #1 for complete listing.

Not sure about $$ amounts for short inside cabin cruises, but the main change seems to be that OV has been lowered and also 10 days are now the same as seven days. Also, the top catagory has changed from 16+ days to 17+ days.

See post #1 for complete listing.

Pia,

I did read that, but for some reason my mind wasn't processing it correctly. It did look like the changes really affected OV and above. We have always booked 7 day inside cabins, and it doesn't look like that will change for us.

I would be bummed if I booked outside or longer cruises, as this is clearly a reduction in benefits.

Mike

Archived