FCC Change

paul929207

EEE---GADDS!:(:mad: This is certainly bad news for us, since we usually only take 7 or 10 day cruises and have booked either OV or Balcony. Hummmm might NOT be running to buy some FCC on our next cruise if all we will get is $25 for OV or $50 for Balcony...while investing $100 per person. Might be going over and trying out Royal and Holland Amer. more in the future!

I totally agree!!! I'm not rushing out either to buy any, I'm just going to try other cruise lines .

This change will certainly affect which cruise lines I look at/choose in the future. We like the 10-day OV cabins. I save up all my vacation to take longer-than-7-day cruises (because they are just too short!) and we desire 'light' in our cabin (but not necessarily a balcony.) Princess has always been a little more expensive than other lines we have taken, so maybe this is finally the last of many things to get me looking elsewhere (darn, I am just reaching platinum after our upcoming cruise too...)

Why they didn't come up with more of a tiered system, I just can't understand. Are they trying to say that they think an inside 7-day cruise is the same as an outside 10-day? I consider them to be a completely different experience. And the cost of the two is usually significantly different. If the light from the window wasn't so important to us, we could get B2B 7-days for about the same price as an OV 10-day.

I agree with others that $25 is just not enough incentive to buy FCC when I have to tie up $100. (and now that I am not sure my next cruise will be Princess it isn't worth tying up $200 -for both husband and myself.)

This change will certainly affect which cruise lines I look at/choose in the future. We like the 10-day OV cabins. I save up all my vacation to take longer-than-7-day cruises (because they are just too short!) and we desire 'light' in our cabin (but not necessarily a balcony.) Princess has always been a little more expensive than other lines we have taken, so maybe this is finally the last of many things to get me looking elsewhere (darn, I am just reaching platinum after our upcoming cruise too...)

Why they didn't come up with more of a tiered system, I just can't understand. Are they trying to say that they think an inside 7-day cruise is the same as an outside 10-day? I consider them to be a completely different experience. And the cost of the two is usually significantly different. If the light from the window wasn't so important to us, we could get B2B 7-days for about the same price as an OV 10-day.

I agree with others that $25 is just not enough incentive to buy FCC when I have to tie up $100. (and now that I am not sure my next cruise will be Princess it isn't worth tying up $200 -for both husband and myself.)

An outside 10 day is more like an inside 7 day than it is like a suite for 10 days.

I agree with this. For us personally, this change doesn't affect us. We are perfectly happy booking inside cabins, and currently (because of work schedules and personal choice), we are only doing 7 day Caribbean cruises. And I agree, it's "free" money, which was a draw for me to purchase FCC's in the first place.

However, as putterdude states above, it is a reduction in benefits and is just one thing in a list of declining benefits Princess seems to be implementing. My attitude now is "what will be cut next?".

I don't personally care if they "add" benefits to things, but stop cutting them... That is Princess's choice to make on the benefits, and mine is to look for other vacation options if it bothers me enough.

Mike

Mike, your last line says it all. Princess can run their busuiness the way they want to. We have other cruising choices if we want to.

PS - Congats on making the final four.

Joel

It would cause the people who haven't bought FCC's to shoulder more of the cost of operating the ship & provide the same reward to those that did buy them.

At the end of the day - make that 75 days before embarkation - everyone pays in full. The FCCers pay less for a deposit, but at the end of the day, everyone pays in full so everyone has paid their fair share of the cost.

At the end of the day - make that 75 days before embarkation - everyone pays in full. The FCCers pay less for a deposit, but at the end of the day, everyone pays in full so everyone has paid their fair share of the cost.

You are right. The reduced deposit is a temporary benefit. When final payment comes you pay more.

if you compare the interest you get for $100 in your checking account. The $25 isn't too bad. It is still good to only put down the FCC though when booking a cruise,

• 3 weeks later...
if you compare the interest you get for $100 in your checking account. The $25 isn't too bad. It is still good to only put down the FCC though when booking a cruise,

Isn't that the truth. The total interest on my checking account for last year was .57,that's cents not dollars.

Archived