Ft lauderdale Hilton Marina Bonus Buy on Hotwire?

uphotdog

I booked the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina on Hotwire for $82.00 plus tax $26.00, it says it is a 4-Star? anyone have any experience with that place?

Does it have an airport shuttle? Was this a good buy or did I make a mistake?

My reservation is for April 14th.

I tried calling the hotel to get information but just got the reservation number not the actual front desk!

I booked the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina on Hotwire for $82.00 plus tax $26.00, it says it is a 4-Star? anyone have any experience with that place?

Does it have an airport shuttle? Was this a good buy or did I make a mistake?

My reservation is for April 14th.

I tried calling the hotel to get information but just got the reservation number not the actual front desk!

I can't answer your question about a shuttle but I can answer the question of whether you got a good deal. YES, you got a good deal. You got such a good deal that you probably could forego getting to the hotel and Port Everglades via shuttle and splurge on a cab. A cab from the airport will probably cost somewhere around $15.00 to $17.00 and to Port Everglads probably cost you about $10.00. :D

Our group of 22 stayed there last November, very nice hotel...only hiccup was couple of the rooms not being ready until 5:30 pm (mind you check in time is 4 pm :eek:). Other than that it was a very nice place, short walk out to the corner to see the port!!

• 1 month later...

Our room ended up being a King on the 6th floor with a balcony overlooking the Port! Awesome! We were very happy, would have been nice if it had a free continental breakfast, as it were it cost us $26.00 for coffee and a roll?

They did have a shuttle to the port but it had to be part of a package booking, we walked past all of them and got into our taxi and were at the port in about 4 minutes, cost about $15.00 includeing the tip. I am sure the shuttle wasn't even at the port by the time we were in the Windjammer. :D

Clean, comfortable bed, nice view for $106 including taxes.

I would recommend this deal to anyone interested.

You got a great deal and I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. When you say "bonus buy" on Hotwire, does that mean it was one where the name is hidden prior to booking or is this something else?

Yes it was listed as a 4.5 star hotel I believe, It was very nice

;)

They did have a shuttle to the port but it had to be part of a package booking, we walked past all of them and got into our taxi and were at the port in about 4 minutes, cost about $15.00 includeing the tip. I am sure the shuttle wasn't even at the port by the time we were in the Windjammer. :D

Now you understand why we tell people not to factor in a free shuttle! Sometimes it isn't worth the extra money you pay for the 'free' shuttle!

Thanks for coming back with a review!

Archived