How to get to the Hard Rock Cafe

Cruzin-K

I believe there is a bus :confused:

If I walk across to the bus stop from the ship, will it be obvious which bus goes to Palm Beach? Do you buy a ticket on the bus? Are dollars accepted?

How much would it cost to just take a taxi?

Yes, you can catch a bus downtown. The main bus station is on the right side of the street, up the road from Royal Plaza Mall.

/ aruba-map1-orange.jpg

The Hard Rock Cafe is across from the Radisson and Occidental.

They will accept US dollars. Buy a round trip ticket, which cost $2.30.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are so many better places in that area than the HRC. We went there Nov 11 and it was dead. Nice new place but not a lot of action or fun. There is a variety of music, food and drinks all in the same block/area that are a lot better. Very lively spot. If you like sports bars. Busters Garage sports is same block around corner. I have always been a HRC fan and always visit them in the cities I go to. Lately I have been dissappointed in the old and outdated concept and food. I feel they need to freshen up menu and rock- fun mentality. But review it for yourself and enjoy.

If you like sports bars. Busters Garage sports is same block around corner.
Busters has closed. There is "talk" of relocation but as of yet no location has been secured.

Busters has closed. There is "talk" of relocation but as of yet no location has been secured.

Really the were remodeling the toilets in Nov 2011 and they were packed, but it was a football day. We liked it there, fun place.

• 3 weeks later...

I am only curious but have to ask0

why would you go on a cruise to an island to visit some place that we have at home?

I was amazed at the number of cruisers waiting in line at a KFC in Grand Cayman-- so I was just wondering why that is

I am only curious but have to ask, why would you go on a cruise to an island to visit some place that we have at home?

I was amazed at the number of cruisers waiting in line at a KFC in Grand Cayman-- so I was just wondering why that is

True, the most amazing example I saw of this was the huge line at the Hard Rock Cafe in Venice. I could not believe it, but to each his own.

its not that I was being nosey-- and the boards have taken a turn lately.

I invision asking this question and some one coming back to tell me its none of my business :D

I like to think they are all going to buy a t-shirt :)

We are fortunate living in the Atlanta metro area so can go to HRC here at home as well as the Brazilian steakhouses.

Italian ? Have yet to find an excellent Italian restaurant in Aruba and in the states there is one on every corner.

I could go on, but remember too, the Arubans love their American fast food. ;) :)

• Like 1

My daughter in law collects Hard Rock pins. We stop at every Hard Rock in each port that we know of and buy her a pin, and then buy the others a T shirt. Actually, we enjoy that. We don't usually eat there, but there have been a few times when we have stayed for lunch.

Edited by Hatteras51
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I am only curious but have to ask0

why would you go on a cruise to an island to visit some place that we have at home?

I go to look at the rock n' roll stuff. I have been to hundreds of rock concerts in my life fron the late 1960's to the present and enjoy it. I seem to be able to do a variety of tours and sightseeing different things while on vacation including things familiar. Plus their food can be good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 Hard Rocks in Aruba. One is in Palm Beach and one is by the port, just a short walk. I only go to get a pin, so I'm not sure if the one by the port is a resturaunt or just the the store.

so I'm not sure if the one by the port is a resturaunt or just the the store.
Near the port is just a store.

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/directions.aspx?LocationID=524&MIBEnumID=3

"The Hard Rock Cafe Aruba is located on Aruba’s Palm Beach Hotel Strip, across the street from the Radisson Hotel and the Occidental Grand Aruba and within walking distance from most other high rise hotels."

We visited HRC and it was a fun time. Just me and my DH, but a great memory. I did get myself a T-shirt and love to wear it. Was disappointed in the beaches, too commercial and no good snorkeling. So, HRC was our highlight that day. Pretty sad, I had looked forward to Aruba for so long. Would much rather return to Dominica or St. Thomas!

Near the port is just a store.

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/directions.aspx?LocationID=524&MIBEnumID=3

"The Hard Rock Cafe Aruba is located on Aruba’s Palm Beach Hotel Strip, across the street from the Radisson Hotel and the Occidental Grand Aruba and within walking distance from most other high rise hotels."

Downtown location sure looked shut down to me in November 2011. Wish I had a picture. Even sign looked rundown, but I think the Palm beach was pretty new. So maybe they were in transition.

• 1 month later...
I've wondered about that, too! Perhaps they're homesick or just don't want to try anything new!

I usually like to find them in different cities because I collect the guitar pins. I usually never eat there but just stop by the outside shop for another pin.

My daughter in law collects Hard Rock pins. We stop at every Hard Rock in each port that we know of and buy her a pin, and then buy the others a T shirt. Actually, we enjoy that. We don't usually eat there, but there have been a few times when we have stayed for lunch.

There are 2 Hard Rocks in Aruba. One is in Palm Beach and one is by the port, just a short walk. I only go to get a pin, so I'm not sure if the one by the port is a resturaunt or just the the store.

My daughter collects the pins also and we get a t-shirt for our older daughter. So we also try to stop in all the HRC's that we can. We haven't eaten in a HRC in a long time and we have one here in downtown Cleveland, Ohio

AltWired, do you have a location for the Hard Rock gift shop near the port. If you google it only the cafe shows up. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I was just in Aruba this weekend and drove by the sign near the port - and couldn't figure out if it was another location or what - thanks for the answer - just a store

That's all I will need is just the store. Looking to by a guitar pin and a shot glass.