British Airways - World Traveller Plus

Artemis908

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience traveling in World Traveller Plus on BA. This will be my first time flying in that class, my husband has never traveled outside of the US/Caribbean, so I thought it'd be a nice experience for him, especially being so tall.

I haven't heard/seen many recent reviews of this class. We are traveling on a 767 from Philadelphia to Heathrow. I haven't been on BA for about 3 years, but it's always been my favorite airline. Last I took the airline we had a newer airplane going back to the US and had on demand movies. I thought that was so great.

I have heard that WTP has somewhat recently added business class meals, which sounds great.

I am just one of those people who still get excited flying and really looking forward to my upcoming trip. :)

We were in WTP this past January going from Orlando to London (777) we had the standard coach meal. The seats are comfortable and the Avod was great. We did Club World back and prefer this class of service. We will only fly WTO or club.

BA's World Traveler plus is only a little better than standard economy. Don't brag about it too much to your husband or he will be disappointed.

You get a bit more leg room but no more seat width or depth. Check BA's web site for specific information on the meal served on your own flight.

Wondering if anyone has any recent experience traveling in World Traveller Plus on BA. This will be my first time flying in that class, my husband has never traveled outside of the US/Caribbean, so I thought it'd be a nice experience for him, especially being so tall.

I haven't heard/seen many recent reviews of this class. We are traveling on a 767 from Philadelphia to Heathrow. I haven't been on BA for about 3 years, but it's always been my favorite airline. Last I took the airline we had a newer airplane going back to the US and had on demand movies. I thought that was so great.

I have heard that WTP has somewhat recently added business class meals, which sounds great.

I am just one of those people who still get excited flying and really looking forward to my upcoming trip. :)

Especially on the way back (because the westbound flights are in daylight and around an hour longer, due to headwinds) you might ask at the counter about a paid upgrade to business class. Sometimes BA will offer them at a reasonable cost (depending on your definition) and even though the Club World seating on BA's 767s is the old type, it's still a great improvement over WT+. Get the two seats in the middle (it's arranged 2-2-2) and both of you would have a flat bed and an aisle, with no need to step over anybody.

Especially on the way back (because the westbound flights are in daylight and around an hour longer, due to headwinds) you might ask at the counter about a paid upgrade to business class. Sometimes BA will offer them at a reasonable cost (depending on your definition) and even though the Club World seating on BA's 767s is the old type, it's still a great improvement over WT+. Get the two seats in the middle (it's arranged 2-2-2) and both of you would have a flat bed and an aisle, with no need to step over anybody.

To give an idea, my friend traveled BA from London to Dallas a few weeks back and asked for a paid upgrade at check-in. From standard Economy, he was offered 199 GBP for an upgrade to Premium Economy, and 499 GBP for an upgrade to Business.

WTP now has the entrée choice from the business class menu. I have no idea how good that is.

Was told it was decent, but seemingly a bit below business class. As per my friend, "if that's what business class got, I'm glad I only spent 199 to upgrade and not 499".

It is the entree' choice and not the full meal. And that choice is based on what is available after business class folks have had their picks.

On one of my flights (in business class) 'choice' was chicken in sauce and pasta against shrimp and pasta in a heavy cream sauce. I'm allergic to shellfish so choice 2 was no choice and the flight attendant wasn't sure about the sauce on the chicken.

Ended up with an entire meal made up of bread rolls, cheese and fruit.

It is the entree' choice and not the full meal. And that choice is based on what is available after business class folks have had their picks.

On one of my flights (in business class) 'choice' was chicken in sauce and pasta against shrimp and pasta in a heavy cream sauce. I'm allergic to shellfish so choice 2 was no choice and the flight attendant wasn't sure about the sauce on the chicken.

Ended up with an entire meal made up of bread rolls, cheese and fruit.

I'll order special meals quite a lot because I've found them to not only be better tasting in general, but I also (1) tend to get my food first, and (2) don't have to worry about not getting my choice.

I'll order special meals quite a lot because I've found them to not only be better tasting in general, but I also (1) tend to get my food first, and (2) don't have to worry about not getting my choice.

What special meals do you typically order?

What special meals do you typically order?

Depends on the airline. BA, for example, doesn't offer very many special meal options, so I generally get vegetarian of some sort ("Hindu" or "Asian" often offer more flavor, if available, but if not, just straight up vegetarian). On some more "trustworthy" airlines (like Cathay Pacific, etc), I'll try a seafood meal which is pretty good most times.

The last time I flew BA, almost half the coach cabin had a special meal!

Depends on the airline. BA, for example, doesn't offer very many special meal options, so I generally get vegetarian of some sort ("Hindu" or "Asian" often offer more flavor, if available, but if not, just straight up vegetarian). On some more "trustworthy" airlines (like Cathay Pacific, etc), I'll try a seafood meal which is pretty good most times.

There's usually a drop down box with choices.... I just looked at my current long haul (World Traveller) and got the standard list. Then there is an option to select further choices : Bland, Child, Diabetic, Fruit Platter, Gluten Free, Hindu, Hindu Vegetarian, Kosher, lacto ovo vegetarian, low calorie, low fat, low lactose, low salt/sodium, muslim, seafood, vegan vegetarian, vegetarian Jain.

I've tried the Gluten Free in Business Class. Not great. Trying low salt this time and will likely request this on board too..... my ankles suffer on board.

I actually don't even know if I am going to get a dinner, our flight leaves at 22:00 so not really dinner time. Not sure though!

Yes, you will get a meal served. A few weeks ago, I had a light meal served in Business on a 3:30am departure out of Delhi. Most people passed as they were asleep already (even before take off for a good chunk of them!), but it was offered. Even coach was offered a snack wrap of some kind, I believe.

My DH just returned this week frm Houston on BA WTP. The flight was quite empty and he had a whole row to himself but no real advantage as the seat arms do not come down but in saying that he got a good 4 hours sleep and was much more comfortable than in WT. He had eaten prior to boarding so didn't have the meal but he confirmed it was the entree from Club. And he didn't sneak anything out of the Club goodies fridge which I've seen people do! he had plenty of leg room too, so your husband should be fine but try and get two seats window and aisle so you'll be in your own space if you know what I mean. There is another advantage with WTP depending on type of aircraft is that you'll be amongst the first off the plane as some of the configurations have WTP in front of Club. So that makes it great for getting through immigration at LHR.

We also travelled to China 12 hour flight in WTP a few years ago and we had the front row of two seats window and aisle and it was nice with no one reclining back into your space, and the legroom was fine as well. It might be worth paying to select your seats ahead of time especially as you want this to be a special trip.

Hope this helps and get excited - I do too!;):D. Just another thought, if you order a special meal and the upgrade fairy is around that day, you won't get the upgrade!

My DH just returned this week frm Houston on BA WTP. The flight was quite empty and he had a whole row to himself but no real advantage as the seat arms do not come down but in saying that he got a good 4 hours sleep and was much more comfortable than in WT. He had eaten prior to boarding so didn't have the meal but he confirmed it was the entree from Club. And he didn't sneak anything out of the Club goodies fridge which I've seen people do! he had plenty of leg room too, so your husband should be fine but try and get two seats window and aisle so you'll be in your own space if you know what I mean. There is another advantage with WTP depending on type of aircraft is that you'll be amongst the first off the plane as some of the configurations have WTP in front of Club. So that makes it great for getting through immigration at LHR.

We also travelled to China 12 hour flight in WTP a few years ago and we had the front row of two seats window and aisle and it was nice with no one reclining back into your space, and the legroom was fine as well. It might be worth paying to select your seats ahead of time especially as you want this to be a special trip.

Hope this helps and get excited - I do too!;):D. Just another thought, if you order a special meal and the upgrade fairy is around that day, you won't get the upgrade!

Thank you! Believe or not we did pay we paid the extra money to pick our seats ahead of time and all of those seats in the front aisle were already taken!

Thank you! Believe or not we did pay we paid the extra money to pick our seats ahead of time and all of those seats in the front aisle were already taken!

Probably by frequent fliers. British Airways and OneWorld frequent fliers (not sure if all or just a certain level and above) can choose their seats at any time for free.

Or they might just be blocked off for elites and open up at -24 online check-in. You have to be BA Gold or Silver, or one world Emerald or Sapphire to book seat at time of booking.

Of course I just realised on the 767 the seats are 2 - 2 - 2, so that's a nicer layout than the 747 which is 2-4-2 and only four rows so really quiet.

There's a forum called Flyertalk and you might find some trip reports on there with photos.

Archived