Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

We just completed a TA on the Celebrity Reflection and visited Barcelona where we had the opportunity to take the combined Barcelona and Montserrat tour through Spain Day Tours/Barcelona Day Tours. Our day started off when immediately upon disembarking the ship we were met by our guide Marta who was absolutely wonderful. This was our 17th cruise where we take excursions at every port and our guide Marta was one of the most friendly, professional and knowledgeable guides we have ever encountered. She introduced us to our driver Fran and off we went for an enjoyable 8 hour tour in a new modern small bus. We had 12 persons from Cruisecritic on the tour and the bus was clean and comfortable. Marta spoke perfect English and took us to places which were absolutely breathtaking. During the 8 hour tour she took us to all of the highlights of Barcelona and beautiful Montserrat. Not only did Marta show us beautiful Barcelona and Montserrat but she shared her vast historical knowledge of the locations and thrilled us with her great stories. I couldn't believe how beautiful the La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, the National Palace, Montjuic and the Montserrat national park with the Royal Monastery and Basilica were. I especially enjoyed the Olympic Ring and the location of the 1992 Olympics. Marta and Fran provided us with a wonderful day that we will never forget. I highly recommend this tour. Thank you Marta for a wonderful day.

thank you for sharing.

We booked a half day tour with pickup at the ship on 7 May. Tour guide Elena was right on time and put 18 of us into a comfortable mini-bus. It was raining but Elena quickly brought the sun into our group with her vivacious, enthusiastic personality! We spent almost 5 hours with her on a great tour of Barcelona highlights. She stopped our bus whenever we wanted to take pictures. She was the best tour guide any of us had ever seen! We all hated for the tour to end when we reached our hotels and vowed that we would seek her out on any return trips! This is a good organization and settled all the details well before our trip. Great start to Barcelona!

We booked a half day tour with pickup at the ship on 7 May. Tour guide Elena was right on time and put 18 of us into a comfortable mini-bus. It was raining but Elena quickly brought the sun into our group with her vivacious, enthusiastic personality! We spent almost 5 hours with her on a great tour of Barcelona highlights. She stopped our bus whenever we wanted to take pictures. She was the best tour guide any of us had ever seen! We all hated for the tour to end when we reached our hotels and vowed that we would seek her out on any return trips! This is a good organization and settled all the details well before our trip. Great start to Barcelona!

glad to hear it. thanks for sharing your experience.

We will be disembarking in Barcelona on the Eurodam in September and will be doing the 8 hour tour with hotel drop off. I was wondering where exactly we will meet our guide and driver? Will they be waiting for us right as we get off the ship or will we have to walk or take a shuttle to a terminal building? Do we pickup luggage in terminal building and then meet our guide? How hard was it to find your guide and driver after disembarking? Also, when you toured Park Guell did guide take you around or did you do on your own. Thanks in advance to those who have done tour before and can answer my questions.

We will be disembarking in Barcelona on the Eurodam in September and will be doing the 8 hour tour with hotel drop off. I was wondering where exactly we will meet our guide and driver? Will they be waiting for us right as we get off the ship or will we have to walk or take a shuttle to a terminal building? Do we pickup luggage in terminal building and then meet our guide? How hard was it to find your guide and driver after disembarking? Also, when you toured Park Guell did guide take you around or did you do on your own. Thanks in advance to those who have done tour before and can answer my questions.

from my experience last week, you go through passport control, pick up your luggage and your guide will be waiting outside the terminal with a sign with your name on it.

from my experience last week, you go through passport control, pick up your luggage and your guide will be waiting outside the terminal with a sign with your name on it.

This was out experience as well.

We picked up our luggage, went outside the terminal, and there were several tour folks with signs with people's names.

Has anyone used Barcelona day tours? If so what did you like them and do they have English speaking guides? We will be in Barcelona 2 days pre cruise and want to see as much as we can.

Just returned from a cruise and used Barcelona Day Tours in Barcelona. After researching some tour companies, I decided to use Barcelona Day Tours. It was so enjoyable. The tour took us around high points in Barcelona and to Montserrat. They were to pick us up at the port at 8:30 a.m., and they were there on time with a card showing our name. The bus was comfortable and the right size for our group. We toured several of Gaudi's works of art including the cathedral and Park Guell. Our guide, Marta, was very informative and spoke English and was easily understood. Our group was small (13) and she could easily answer any of the group's questions. The tour was 8 hours, and it gave us a good overall look at Barcelona and Montserrat. I would definitely use the Barcelona Day Tours again. Feel comfortable using them. They returned us to the port st 4:30 in plenty of time to board our ship.

Just returned from a cruise and used Barcelona Day Tours. They were great. Met us just outside the terminal. You will pick up the luggage and go outside the terminal. Our guide had a sign with our name. Marta spoke excellent English. When touring Park Guell she took us around the park and explained everything about the park and Gaudi's part in the construction. You will come away knowing a lot about the park. Our guide was the best!

Just returned from a cruise and used Barcelona Day Tours. They were great. Met us just outside the terminal. You will pick up the luggage and go outside the terminal. Our guide had a sign with our name. Marta spoke excellent English. When touring Park Guell she took us around the park and explained everything about the park and Gaudi's part in the construction. You will come away knowing a lot about the park. Our guide was the best!

Oh wow. Our guide did not go with us to Park Guell. We went in our own but he did explain about the park before and after.

How close to Familia Sagrada do you get on this tour? Is it simply a drive by?

Our guide made it a full stop. We were there for about 30 mins so were able to admire the perimeter of La Sagrada Familia. If you want to actually go inside, you would have to arrange that before hand with BDT and they will have to purchase a ticket for you. Same for Park Guell and Casa Milla should you wish to visit.

We only did Park Guell. BDT arranged our ticket appointment for us.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Our guide made it a full stop. We were there for about 30 mins so were able to admire the perimeter of La Sagrada Familia. If you want to actually go inside, you would have to arrange that before hand with BDT and they will have to purchase a ticket for you. Same for Park Guell and Casa Milla should you wish to visit.

We only did Park Guell. BDT arranged our ticket appointment for us.

You did the Barcelona/Montserrat Tour with BDT?

So I am wondering if anyone can tell me who did the Barcelona City Tour and Montserrat tour (8 hours) if you get a drive by, or time to get out of the vehicle to see it?

Are you on a Private tour? If so you can request a stop. If not, then your group can collectively request a stop at La Sagrada

We are going on the full day montserrat/cava tour June 11, 2013. We are

sailing on the Legend June 8th out of Rome. We have room on our tour

if anyone is interested. No deposit was required. Contact them directly.

www.BarcelonaDayTours.com They have great reviews! ;)

We just did the Montserrat/cava tour with Barcelona day Tours and had a very positive experience.The guide was excellent and at the end of the day we were delivered to our hotel.Last year we did the 1/2 day Barcelona and I would definitely recommend them.I actually prefer to pay the full amount online but others on the tour paid the remainder of balance owing after the tour.

• 2 weeks later...

We used RoyalRoadBarcelona tours for a private tour that I designed ahead of time online. He picked us up at the port, took us to each of our pre-selected sites and took us to our hotel after. One of the stops we had chosen was La Sagrada Familia. We wanted to see the interior as well so had planned for that with the tour company. The driver reserved our time ahead of time, got our tickets when we stopped, and we had 90 minutes inside plus photo ops outside. The interior was awesome. It was the highlight of our tour.

http://www.royalroadbarcelona.com/en/

Edited by NMLady

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the half day city tour from our ship to hotel, and really saw & learned a lot. Tour included tickets to Park Guell which was wonderful. Our tour guide whose name I cannot remember (sadly) knew the hours of the many attractions and realized she had time to hustle us into the crypt at Sagrada Familia before it closed to non-paying tourists. Great intro to this marvelous site which we visited later on our own. We viewed several homes and other buildings designed by Gaudi, some by van, some walking around. She kept us moving which was challenging, but she always kept a positive attitude. She knew the best photo spots which was great. Then on to our hotel which was....different! BDT advised us in advance that they were not allowed to drive into certain zones in the city center, so would transfer us to a taxi and then reimburse us for that cost. Our awesome guide had to...argue? Convince? ( Not sure, my Spanish not THAT good) a driver to take us in. He was grumpy but not her fault! Had to walk for about 5 minutes tops, but that's part of the adventure! Overall it was a wonderful day, BDT provided very clear instructions for finding them at the port terminal. Well done, BDT!

We booked the half day city tour from our ship to hotel, and really saw & learned a lot. Tour included tickets to Park Guell which was wonderful. Our tour guide whose name I cannot remember (sadly) knew the hours of the many attractions and realized she had time to hustle us into the crypt at Sagrada Familia before it closed to non-paying tourists. Great intro to this marvelous site which we visited later on our own. We viewed several homes and other buildings designed by Gaudi, some by van, some walking around. She kept us moving which was challenging, but she always kept a positive attitude. She knew the best photo spots which was great. Then on to our hotel which was....different! BDT advised us in advance that they were not allowed to drive into certain zones in the city center, so would transfer us to a taxi and then reimburse us for that cost. Our awesome guide had to...argue? Convince? ( Not sure, my Spanish not THAT good) a driver to take us in. He was grumpy but not her fault! Had to walk for about 5 minutes tops, but that's part of the adventure! Overall it was a wonderful day, BDT provided very clear instructions for finding them at the port terminal. Well done, BDT!

Just want to point out, if you wish to go to the Monumental Zone of Guell, that requires a ticket purchase and BDT can (and will) arrange that for you and must be pre-paid (ticket is generally not included in the tour, but I don't what your arrangements were) . Other than that, Guell Park is free.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

• 2 weeks later...

We opted for the half day Barcelona Tour including the amazing Parc Guell, for which we paid in advance, upon registration. Tour was slightly delayed due to one other patron who could not seem to connect with us. No problem, as our tour leader, Elena extended our return to compensate.

We were entertained on the route between stops by brushing up on our Spanish, sometimes with great hilarity about pronunciation.

Elena was a very congenial and knowledgeable guide while, Rauel, our driver was competent and careful.

All in all our experience with this company was very positive and enjoyable.

We would not hesitate to recommend or go with them again ourselves.

We opted for the half day Barcelona Tour including the amazing Parc Guell, for which we paid in advance, upon registration. Tour was slightly delayed due to one other patron who could not seem to connect with us. No problem, as our tour leader, Elena extended our return to compensate.

We were entertained on the route between stops by brushing up on our Spanish, sometimes with great hilarity about pronunciation.

Elena was a very congenial and knowledgeable guide while, Rauel, our driver was competent and careful.

All in all our experience with this company was very positive and enjoyable.

We would not hesitate to recommend or go with them again ourselves.

Glad you had a great tour :)

Booked with Barcelona Day Tours for our upcoming cruise. The reservation process has been flawless and their response time is spot on. Never have I had to email them twice about anything, they get back to you right away and answer any questions you might have. I have to say, for dealing with someone/a company overseas, I'm highly impressed at their attention to detail and level of customer service.

Booked with Barcelona Day Tours for our upcoming cruise. The reservation process has been flawless and their response time is spot on. Never have I had to email them twice about anything, they get back to you right away and answer any questions you might have. I have to say, for dealing with someone/a company overseas, I'm highly impressed at their attention to detail and level of customer service.

Yes, they are excellent with communication.

Were picked up from airport and immediately began our half day city tour. Excellent from beginning to end and saw many landmarks with Javier serving as our guide. Also used them the following morning for half day to Monserrat tour, again, superb morning as we toured with Catherine.

Many months prior while planning this holiday, the communication with office via Anna was top notch as well. She was always on her game, pleasant in her msgs and always welcoming the next question. She as well had sent email within 24-36hrs post tour to ensure we totally enjoyed our tours and invited any feedback...positive or negative. She wanted to ensure our satisfaction.

Would definitely tour with them again without hesitation. You won't regret. Enjoy. :)