Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

Our messages to Barcelona Day Tours during the past week inquiring about tours have not been answered. Anybody else have the same problem? We want to use them after having read such great reviews, buy are losing confidence.

Hi, I have booked them for 2 tours for post cruise in Barcelona , I just did this this week.... dates for Oct 13th, and Oct 14th. I have been emailing them back & forth all week. Sometimes I get a response right away, and other times I have to wait a day or so. All responses have been courteous and very informational. After not hearing from them in 2 days I just re-emailed them, and then I got a response right away.?? so not sure why

I would suggest trying to email them again...so far I find them be quite good. With all their good reviews I am sure there is a reason for the delayed responses, maybe they are busy or they didnt get your email for whatever reason.

By the way, both tours I have booked are semi-private & we are looking for people to join us. I read you are not allowed to "post requests" here so if anyone is interested, please visit the Norwegian Spirit roll call for my posting on Looking to sharing Barcelona Tours for this Oct .Thanks

Our messages to Barcelona Day Tours during the past week inquiring about tours have not been answered. Anybody else have the same problem? We want to use them after having read such great reviews, buy are losing confidence.

I just heard from them - all is good!:)

• 2 weeks later...

:)After hearing such good things about them we would like to book their 1/2 day tour in Barcelona on Oct.26. We are going on the liberty transatlantic on 10/27/12. They require at least 4 people. hoping there some of you out there that might also be interested. They will pick you up at airport or hotel, offering morning or afternoon tours.

Hi, we have used Barcelona Day Tours only last week, whilst cruising on the NCL Epic. An English speaking guide, Ewa, picked us up promptly at the port and we had a wonderful time. We spent the first half of the day in Montserrat and the rest of the day around Barcelona to see the main highlights. We even had time in Park Guell and around Sagrada Familia, whilst seeing other main highlights of Barcelona. Our guide was excellent and very welcoming. At the end of the tour we were dropped again near the ship. We found their services excellent and we would love to use their services again if we had to visit the city once more.

We had Noorudin (please forgive my spelling) as our driver guide. He arrived at the port before time and was waiting for us with my name tag. He immediately had us seated in his clean van and started spilling his great knowledge of the city. It seemed he had extreme knowledge of everything we asked him, there wasn't a question that he wasn't able to answer. He has great driving skills and wonderful street knowledge. There was some kind of bike race in Barcelona that day, and one of the main roads was blocked off. He immediately had us rerouted through the inner streets of Barcelona and we were well on our way without any delays. He was driving properly and safely through out our tour, and we were never concerned or scared of his driving skills. He is such an asset to BDT because of all the languages he speaks. He was very professional and courteous. He was very well dressed which is not important, but this showed the his professionalism as our guide and towards BDT. He was very accommodating to all our needs. We had two kids with us, and we had to make multiple stop for their needs, and he was great to find the proper clean spots for feeding and bathroom and rests. He took us to all the places that we wanted to visit and more. He was always with us and making sure that we were safe and happy. He always had a meeting spot when ever we got off of the van. We were never rushed at any site, and he followed our schedule and still managed to show us more then we planned. He volunteered to take group pictures of the family at every spot. He stopped safely at every location that we wanted a picture. He had safety first in mind through out our trip. He had two car seats for us as requested. He showed us all the places to shop for souvenirs and where not to be ripped off by the tourist shops. We are still talking about the amazing cafe where we had amazing coffee and churro's. He never bored us and always kept us listening and interested with his knowledge and history of the city. I can go on and on about Noorudin's professionalism, experience, expertise, efficiency, proficiency, knowledge and skills. I will definitely use Barcelona Day Tour's services again the next time I am in Spain and I will specifically ask for Noorudin. I apologize for not spelling his name correctly.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't see La Boqueria in La Rambla, but that was because it was Sunday and it was closed. This was not Barcelona Day Tours fault at all, just happened that we were in Barcelona on a Sunday.

Are you arriving in Barcelona o Oct.26? Thats the date we arrive and are looking to book a 1/2 day tour with Barcelona day tours. We are on a wait list with with them for a tour directly from the airport or afternoon from the hotel. They need a minimum of 4 for a shared tour. Prefer it right from airport. Arriving around 10.

Are you arriving in Barcelona o Oct.26? Thats the date we arrive and are looking to book a 1/2 day tour with Barcelona day tours. We are on a wait list with with them for a tour directly from the airport or afternoon from the hotel. They need a minimum of 4 for a shared tour. Prefer it right from airport. Arriving around 10.

Check your roll call

:)Larry the Lobster Do you live in North Myrtle Beach ? We lived in the south end Surfside for 10 years before moving to central Florida. Loved Myrtle Beach and love it heretoo.It's also more convenient for cruises . We are arriving in Bargelona on Oct. 26 around 10AM and want to take a 1/2 datour with Barcelona Day tours.We are waitlisted with them for either a morning tour from the airport or an afternoon tour from the hotel .Thehey have small shared tours of 4-12 people. we are hoping some others will join us. It,s 59E p.p They have private tours also but it is very expensive. I also read that Spain Toursin Barcelona give you 10% off. Not sure if this qualifies. Hope I have interested you. Donna & Stan

We used Barcelona Day Tours early this week for a half day tour from the ship with drop off at our hotel We had six couples from Cruise Critic on the tour and we were all at different hotels, but that was no problem. The tour was great and the guide was one of the best we've ever encountered.

Marcia

• 2 weeks later...

We tried to join a tour with BDT but they wanted us to go to a different hotel for pick up. That would have cost us around 10 euros so we decided not to go. Their ad that says they pick up at your hotel is not always true. Our hotel was not far out.. in the area of the zoo.

Has anyone used Barcelona day tours? If so what did you like them and do they have English speaking guides? We will be in Barcelona 2 days pre cruise and want to see as much as we can.

I planned a tour with Barcelona Day Tours for Lisbon where we just returned from last week. I had been referred to them via Cruise Critic's posts. Myself and I would dare to say, most if not all the 29 others in our tour, were very pleased. Since it was I who first corresponded with them, I can also say how professional, patient and efficient they were

helping me plan and coordinate it all. All questions were honestly answered and there were no surprises on the day of the tour. Everything, including their cancellation policy, cost, payment options, itinerary, and pick up info was known to everyone beforehand. Although we were warned that the ride from Cadiz to Lisbon was one and a half hours, they made it quite pleasurable with a comfortable bus and an entertaining as well as professional guide who spoke perfect English who accompanied us. Our English speaking guides (as we were divided into two groups each with an English speaking local guide) were also wonderful. Since I initially contacted Barcelona Day Tours who are the umbrella of the tour we took, I would not hesitate then to use them for any tours in Barcelona.

• 1 month later...

We just did 1/2 day tour with Barcelona Day Tours at the end of our Mediterranean cruise (11/6/2012). As others have said, they picked us up promptly at the port and it was great being dropped off at our hotel near Las Ramblas. We had a good driver and excellent guide. The guide was very personable and extremelty knowledgeable. The highlights were the tour of Gaudi Parc and La Familia. We only saw La Familia from the outside. Although this is amazing, if you have time definitely go back and tour the inside. It is totally different than one would expect and truly inspiring.

My husband and I had done a ship's tour of Barcelona back in 2001. This tour was 200% better.

While we are discussing Barcelona I highly recommend staying near Las Ramblas and walking it in the evening. You won't regret it. We stayed at Husa Barcelona which we were very pleased with.

We used them for a private tour - 1/2 day - on November 5. Was extremely pleased with the driver/guide, promptness, sites visited and the vehicle (Mercedes sedan). Met us at the airport (and our flight was 2.5 hrs late) and we toured for 3 hrs. He had "rock star parking" at the points of interest. He took many pics of us with our camera. Just a wonderful start to our vacation. Was pricey but you get what you pay for. We didn't want to hassle with meeting a tour at a particular place, etc.

This was perfect for us!

time4fun, would you mind sharing how much you paid for a private tour pp? Thanks!

We used them for a private tour - 1/2 day - on November 5. Was extremely pleased with the driver/guide, promptness, sites visited and the vehicle (Mercedes sedan). Met us at the airport (and our flight was 2.5 hrs late) and we toured for 3 hrs. He had "rock star parking" at the points of interest. He took many pics of us with our camera. Just a wonderful start to our vacation. Was pricey but you get what you pay for. We didn't want to hassle with meeting a tour at a particular place, etc.

This was perfect for us!

I would like to reserve Barcelona Day Tour's full day combination tour of Barcelona and Montserrat as we disembark from a 12-day Mediterranean Cruise next June. After 12 days of touring does another 8 hour tour day sound like too much? Should we just do the 1/2 day tour of Barcelona and drop off at hotel? I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has taken the full day after a long cruise. Thank you in advance.

This was perfect for us!

This is very good to hear. We have booked a private 1/2 day tour with pick up at the airport in BCN. This is just for my hubby & me. We cruise on the Carnival Sunshine in May, 2013.

Joanne:)

It's not a super hectic pace, and there is some downtime on the way to Montserrat, so its doable. It will be a long day tho.

I would like to reserve Barcelona Day Tour's full day combination tour of Barcelona and Montserrat as we disembark from a 12-day Mediterranean Cruise next June. After 12 days of touring does another 8 hour tour day sound like too much? Should we just do the 1/2 day tour of Barcelona and drop off at hotel? I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has taken the full day after a long cruise. Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

We used them on Oct 27 for a full day tour at the end of our 12 Med cruise .....and it was NOT too much....it was wonderful!! I would highly recommend the full day tour as well as Barcelona Day tours. They met us at the port (there was a little confusion at the port, but once we found them all went very smoothly). We actually were only a group of 12, but had a huge big bus all to ourselves, very comfortable and great big windows to see.

What made it so wonderful is that we truly got a great tour of most all the highlights of Barcelona and then went to Montserrat....altho a foggy day which cut down on some of the beauty, it was still a superb day and one we would repeat. We stayed in Barcelona a few more days and were able to go back to see more indepth those sites that we wanted to see....but got good coverage of most everything (Park Guell, Gaudi buildings, Familia Segrada, Olympic Stadium, MontJuic, Mont Serrat etc).

It is a great option we would recommend.

Has anyone used Barcelona day tours? If so what did you like them and do they have English speaking guides? We will be in Barcelona 2 days pre cruise and want to see as much as we can.

Yes we used them on 2trips and they were very good.Also used them for airport pickup as well. The day tour guides speak English but the transfer guy not so good but it didn't matter as he was just dropping us to Hotel. I would use them again. Have a good Holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

We used them on our cruise in December and I cannot say enough good things about them! Our guide was so sweet and spoke perfect English. She stayed with us and was a walking encyclopedia of knowledge. She ended our day with a stop at a gelato shop that had the best I have ever tasted! I highly recommend them!