Anyone use Barcelona Day Tours?

We did not have time to go inside...the line was long and the 1/2 day tour is not enuf time . enjoy Barcelona, the city is terrific!!

That is what I thought. It would take up most of the tour time.

Just wanted to be sure before buying tickets.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

Just returned from out 2 weeks in the Med. We stayed 2 night post cruise in Barcelona and used Barcelona day tours both days. We had them pick us up at the pier do the City tour then dropped us at our hotel. The next day we when with the 1/2 day tour to Montserrat.

Both tours were great. Highly recommend them.

We also just returned from a 12 night cruise and booked the 4 hr City Tour with Barcelona Day Tours. (Top-Day-Tour Group). We along with 2 other couples from our CC Roll Call were picked up at the ship at 8:30AM and were surprised to find that we had a full size bus to ourselves. They did eventually pick-up 2 other couples at hotels and dropped them off at their ship after the tour.

Our guide Eva was professional, informative, humorous and totally charming and we were able to see many of the Barcelona highlights inspite of the rain.

I would not hesitate to use them again.

We used BDT for a 4 hour tour when we landed at BCN as our hotel would not be ready at 8:30 am. They advised us that our driver would be waiting for us 1 hour after arrival. We retrieved our luggage and went out the doors to meet our driver Peter.

We had a great time seeing Parc Guell, the Olympic Stadium, Casa Batilo, the waterfront, Columbus Statue and much more. Peter then brought us to La Sagrada Familia where we toured with tix we purchased online. He then dropped us off at Hotel Jazz. It was a great intro to a beautiful city.

We would definitely book with them again.

• 4 weeks later...

We did a full day tour with Barcelona Day Tours on Oct 31, 2013. It was a great tour, with Marta as our tour guide. We had 12 and were in a very comfortable mini-bus. Marta was very knowledgeable and explained a lot more than just what we were seeing. The Gaudi sites were great and because we learned so much about Gaudi, we had full appreciation and awe for his work. Be sure to sit on the long running concrete bench at Park Guell. It's more comfortable that many upholstered chairs!

Our driver, Carlos, called ahead to Monserrat to find out when the boys would be singing, and arranged to get us there with time to spare. The drive was spectaular, as are the views from the monastery. We loved it and would love to go back someday. Don't miss Monserrat. It sounded intruiging, which is why I wanted to see it, but I had no idea how wonderful it would be. Barcelona is a wonderful city, and is best appreciated with a knowledgeable tour guide.

Also used Barcelona day tours on oct 31st - with a visit to Montserrat and the Cava factory - great tour guide Lisa and a great group I assembled from our roll call!

And you don't need to 'call ahead' to find out when the choirboys sing - if they are there it is scheduled for 1 pm every day - we were there in plenty of time to look around and grab a good seat for the concert....

...and the cava tour was fascinating - I had no idea how complex it was - and the 'samples' provided at the end were quite yummy (I did buy some of the cava to bring onboard the ship as well) :)

We used this tour company based on the great reviews on Tripadvisors and they did not disappoint. We had a very comfortable Mercedes van, with plenty of room for our luggage and 5 people. We got picked up at the end of our cruise a week ago and started our full day tour from there to Girona and the Dali Museum. Although there was an oversight with closure of the Dali Museum on mondays during the off season, Barcelona Tours were very gracious and offered to bring us there on another day at our convenience, and we only visited Girona that day. We got dropped off at the hotel at the end of the tour, thus saving cab fare to the hotel.

We also booked a full day tour to Monserrat and Cava tour - one of the best tours we had been.

Thanks for all the great information about tours - My friend and I are going to be in Barcelona for 3 days before our cruise on Oasis of the Seas in September. - Do you have recommendations on which Hotel to book. We are 2 ladies 60 years, and want to see as much as we can while we are there. It's a long way from Australia. Thanks Judy:):)

We have stayed at the Acta Atrium Palace on both occasions. It is a boutique hotel, very convenient to everything including the Ramblas, Cataluyna Square, restaurants, beach etc. The hotel has a special promotion for cruisers at 90 euros per night when our cruise ended on Nov 18 - we paid 160 euros the first time during high season a couple of years ago. The hotel is very clean and the staff very helpful. There is free wifi, including a small computer room in the lobby. I think you'll like this hotel.

• 4 months later...
Tour Share type posts are not allowed on massage boards. Tour shares may be posted in ROLL CALL for your ship's sailing.

We just came back from. 11 day western meditation cruise used Barcelona day tours in Barcelona had Marta as our guide it was the best tour out of the 9 we took . She was so knowledgable about the city , people artists sculptors I thought she must have been an art history teacher was able to answer every question very clear English . This tour company was outstanding. I just paid for my whole tour online so I didn't have to worry any getting extra euros . They got back to me quickly and I felt safe using them. They really are a professional company.

When others have pre-booked tours with this company, did they require you to pay some form of deposit? The online confirmation form they sent me requires CC info as well as an amount you wish to pre-pay. I put $0, and they sent me a response saying I needed to fill this out. How was this handled for your tours?

Just used this company last week they were excellent had Marta as our guide outstanding best out of. 9 tours we went on our 11 day cruise I paid for my whole tour online so I didn't have to worry about it. They are a very professional company u will not b disappointed

I just booked with them for a full day trip on October 19, 2014. We are in port off the Epic. Isabel helped me and she adjusted their regular tour to include entrance into Sagrada Familia. They only required a 20 euro deposit for the four of us.

Their prices are reasonable about $150 pp and everything except lunch is included.

We have room for more people if you want to join us. Our booking is Francis1019

Their website is wwwbarcelonadaytours.com. This is also top day tours. Same company.

We just got home after doing a cruise crossing and spending 2 nights in Barcelona afterward. We used this company and have nothing but good things to say about them. They picked us up at the Port, gave us a wonderful City Tour, then took us to each of our respective hotels. Our hotel was last on the schedule and the van driver, Carlos, not only got us there, but took all 'our' (my husband claims they are mostly mine) luggage into the hotel for us. He did not dump us unceremoniously on the curb. He walked us in. Our guide, Marta, was superb, likable, and spoke English without even a trace of accent! The following day we had a tour to Mont Serrat. Again, we had Marta. This happened to be a full day tour, part of which was Mont Serratt, and the other half a City Tour, similar to the one we already had. JR, a company representative my husband spoke with on the phone agreed to let us come for a lesser price, then we could be dropped off at the Sagrada Familia where we had tickets to see the interior while the City Tour continued. They make every effort to accommodate everyone. We were pleased from start to finish! 5 stars out of 5!!

• 1 month later...
We are just back from the Equinox on 9/2...we used Barcelona Day Tours on our day of arrival and went on a 1/2 day tour with our guide Amando, he was excellent, the tour was so great he picked us up at the airport, toured for 5 hours then dropped us of at our hotel. The next day he picked us up at our hotel and transferred us to the ship. He was so good that we hired him to take us to the airport after our cruise. We highly recommend this company for your stay in Barcelona.

We are looking for prices on the half day for two with drop off at hotel do you or anybody know.

We used this company in early April of this year after a Seabourn Crossing, They picked us up from the ship and we did a city tour, then the following day we did their Montserrat Tour. Had a great guide named Marta. Everything was handled incredibly well. We felt safe and saw some magnificent sights. Use them. You will not be sorry. The first day when we were dropped off at our hotel after the tour, the young man, the van driver, got our bags out and walked us completely into the lobby. He did not just drop us off and say good luck. Excellent!

I want to use this company to do a half day tour when we arrive in Barcelona. I would like them to pick us up from the airport, do the tour and then drop us off at the cruise port.

In order to get a better rate we would be willing to go with a small group. So, my question is, do I need to get a group together or do they group you with others?

Same question for a day tour from the ship.

The company will group others with you. I am not sure about the pick up from the airport. It would almost have to be people on the same plane with you. Just ask them. If something can be worked out, they will do it!

Thank you! I have sent them an email.:)