A HUGE favor to ask from early guests...

bradpole

Hello everyone!

I have been following the news of GASBC with great interest. I am very interested booking a voyage this fall and hope to have some confirmed time off to do so soon.

Before I do, I was hoping I could ask a favor from early guests booked on GASBC. Would it be possible for you to note, or photograph, a couple dinner menus during your voyage and post back here? Also, could you find out if there is a daily alternatives menu available, such as a steak or a grilled chicken breast? Personally I am looking forward to the cuisine talked about in the brochures, but my partner has simpler tastes. Before we book I wanted to verify evening meals wouldn't be an issue.

Thanking you in advance,

Brad

I'm hoping for some detailed reviews from the early guests, including menus and info on cabins, service, excursions, etc.

I'm seriously considering a trip on GASC in the future if the reviews are good.

- Nancy

Right now you can go to their website and find information about many of the included and extra tariff shoretours offered. Also there are photos of the staterooms on their website and in the current printed brochure.

I can tell you from when she was operated by the Delta Queen Steamboat Co. the rooms are well laid out with plenty of storage and large bathrooms. Also it's best ot use a travel agent familiar with the boat, as not every room in a given category is the same. For instance most of the current E category rooms have showers only, but there are a couple that have tubs. Two B rooms use to have Murphy beds along with two B rooms having a private screened in porch, and perhaps they still do.

Right now you can go to their website and find information about many of the included and extra tariff shoretours offered.

Do you have a link to the excursion prices?

I could not find it

Look at the individual trip itinerary that you are considering or booked on and the shore tour information is found there. Most of the shoretours offered at the various cities are listed, but not all. The tours offered in Cincinnati were not available last time I looked.

• 3 weeks later...

We're booked on the April 19-27 voyage (NOLA-Memphis). I'll get back to you with details of the cruise when we return (or possibly while on board, if internet access/time allows). Hope the cruise is better than the customer service has been so far. They seem to be very dis-organized, probably because they are "new".

Archived