Pre-Purchased Specialty Restaurants and Discounts

macruisefan

Going on Solstice with two other people, and we all have our own staterooms. We have booked specialty restaurants for most of the nights, and as is the case, they are all paid for already, since we booked before sailing.

2 Questions:

1. If they offer a discount on any particular evening, are we eligible, and if so, how? Do I have to go to Guest Services or will they take care of it at the restaurant? Will it just be credited to my expense account?

2. One of us is in a suite, and as such, has a complimentary dinner for two at a specialty restaurant. So, same thing.... Do we just get it credited back once on board, and if so, how?

Thanks!

You can make adjustments (including cancellations with full refund) when you are on board. There are several packages offered by Celebrity for multiple nights of speciality dining so be sure to check the wine and dine packages on the Celebrity web site. Again, you can change to those discounted packages when you board. Adjustments to your reservations can be done at the maitre d station at any of the speciality restaurants . No need to go to guest services unless your final bill is not correct.

The first night on board, there is a 20% discount always offered on all the speciality restaurants.

To reserve your complimentary dinners in a specialty restaurant for being in a suite you call the following number: 1-800-722-5941. They will reserve the meal(s) for you and you will not be charged. Suite guests are asked to leave at least a $5 per/person gratuity when receiving a complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurants.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can first time Celebrity passengers in steerage prebook and prepay for specialty restaurants, or is this only for high class cabins?

Yes, of course you can. Just go to my celebrity and click on your reservation and then go to Specialty Restaurants. You will need to prepay. Enjoy your meals!

Laura

You can make adjustments (including cancellations with full refund) when you are on board. There are several packages offered by Celebrity for multiple nights of speciality dining so be sure to check the wine and dine packages on the Celebrity web site. Again, you can change to those discounted packages when you board. Adjustments to your reservations can be done at the maitre d station at any of the speciality restaurants . No need to go to guest services unless your final bill is not correct.

The first night on board, there is a 20% discount always offered on all the speciality restaurants.

I tried booking a Specialty Restaurant package for our upcoming cruise & do not see anywhere on our reservation to book a package for these. Where would I find it?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can first time Celebrity passengers in steerage prebook and prepay for specialty restaurants, or is this only for high class cabins?

Only if you shower first and wear some untorn clothes instead of your usual rags. Please leave the rats and maggots in your rooms and do try to eat with the utensils instead of your fingers. Also, the use of "hey you" or snapping of fingers is frowned upon by the "upper class" cabin passengers.

(memories of My Fair Lady are flashing through my mind).

I might mention that some of the most frequent cruisers book inside cabins....it's not just newbies or the walking poor :)

Short Answer: of course you can eat at the specialty restaurants or any other dining venue except Blu which is reserved for Aqua Class passengers.

I tried booking a Specialty Restaurant package for our upcoming cruise & do not see anywhere on our reservation to book a package for these. Where would I find it?
Just go to Celebritycruises.com and log in. As soon as you log in, you should be able to see all your currently booked cruises. Just hover your mouse pointer over Manage Reservation for the one you want to book. The pop window will have a link to "Reserve Dining". Click that link and a page should open with the various specialty restaurants on your cruise. Here's a picture of how it looks and you can see what other options you can prebook:specialty.jpg

I pre booked my specialty restaurants on my last cruise. I ended up canceling some of the nights because there was a guy outside of the oceanview buffet offering discounts and trying to sell the specialty restaurants....two for one if I remember correctly.

I pre booked my specialty restaurants on my last cruise. I ended up canceling some of the nights because there was a guy outside of the oceanview buffet offering discounts and trying to sell the specialty restaurants....two for one if I remember correctly.

I will have to check this out. I have prebooked all 14 nights in the specialty restaurant. If they are offering this I will cancel and then rebook. That would be a hugh savings for us.

Laura

Just go to Celebritycruises.com and log in. As soon as you log in, you should be able to see all your currently booked cruises. Just hover your mouse pointer over Manage Reservation for the one you want to book. The pop window will have a link to "Reserve Dining". Click that link and a page should open with the various specialty restaurants on your cruise. Here's a picture of how it looks and you can see what other options you can prebook:specialty.jpg

Thanks for that info. I do see that option, but I was looking for some type of dining package that FranklinPA alluded to in his post. I guess a discounted package isn't offered on line pre-cruise. I'll probably just wait until we're on board & see what they offer then.

Thanks for that info. I do see that option, but I was looking for some type of dining package that FranklinPA alluded to in his post. I guess a discounted package isn't offered on line pre-cruise. I'll probably just wait until we're on board & see what they offer then.

The packages are only sold on board at this point; not online. Celebrity currently holds a significant number of reservations for on board booking only, so there is no need to book in advance. Just take care of it your first afternoon on the ship and you should be able to book the package at the reduced rates.

The packages are only sold on board at this point; not online. Celebrity currently holds a significant number of reservations for on board booking only, so there is no need to book in advance. Just take care of it your first afternoon on the ship and you should be able to book the package at the reduced rates.

Good to know, thank you!

Laura

I know the specialty restaurants offer discounts on the first night, but do they also offer discounts when the ship is in port, specifically if the ship is docked in San Juan from 3pm-10pm would the specialty restaurants offer a discount for dinner that night? Or does it depend on availability...?

I know the specialty restaurants offer discounts on the first night, but do they also offer discounts when the ship is in port, specifically if the ship is docked in San Juan from 3pm-10pm would the specialty restaurants offer a discount for dinner that night? Or does it depend on availability...?

Depends on availability; it is not something automatically done, but is worth inquiring about on that particular day to see if they happen to be offering any specials.

Archived