Stupid Daily Poll.

mr green

Much as I dislike chair hogs, I believe that the 'Daily Poll' has gone over the edge by promoting violence. john

John

You took the words right out of my mouth this morning. The choices were really inappropriate with throwing someone in the pool the least offensive. I rarely answer them because there are few choices I could respond with to the question.

There were no good answers.

I had to vote to see the results, so I chose "leave them alone". For me it's not such a big deal as we see no need to have chairs at the pool, so chair hogs don't bother us as much as it may the next person. But, it's amazing this is still such a hot issue, it's been argued here on CC for many years now.

The best answer would have been to have their belongings taken to the towel check out and be held for them when they return.

I think you are taking this much too seriously.

I don't think so.

IMO a poll of any type should be for an 'education' if you will, for the betterment of cruising.

I can joke with the best of them, but I find this poll to be stupid at best, to the worst as being offensive.

john

Much as I dislike chair hogs, I believe that the 'Daily Poll' has gone over the edge by promoting violence.

john

Promoting violence? Are you serious? Apparently you fail to see the sardonic humor of the poll choices offered as the humorous giveaway they are meant to be. Of all the folks who frequent Cruise Critic, you may have the distinction of being the only one who takes the poll seriously. Don't you think "promoting violence" is just a wee bit overboard (no pun - or for that matter, no "violence!" - intended)? Wow, I shudder to think what your reaction would have been had one of the choices been "walk the plank."

Only problem was, while I didn't take it all that seriously, I also didn't thisnk it was at all funny. I think I have a better sense of humor, this to me is like 8th grade humor.

Couldn't agree more. It was a lame attempt at humor at best. That said, I can't imagine anyone taking it seriously, not to mention seriously to the point of suggesting the promotion of violence. What's really humorous is that the OP only takes issue with the response to throw offenders overboard while he's apparently fine with and voices no objection to the "non-violent" choices of quarantining them to their cabins or denying them dinner. Now that's funny, way funnier than the poll itself!

Couldn't agree more. What's really humorous is that the OP only takes issue with the response to throw offenders overboard while he's apparently fine with and voices no objection to the "non-violent" choices of quarantining them to their cabins or denying them dinner. Now that's funny, way funnier than the poll itself!

If you notice I also called it stupid.

john

We obviously have different polls on the US/UK home pages....ours for the last 2 days has asked about ship's Godmothers (the Queen's winning....)

I've only ever thought the polls to be a bit of fun. :rolleyes:

Jo.

Archived